Is it time to move on from Kyler Murray

Should the Cardinals move on from Kyler Murray?

• Yes

• No

• I don't freaking know

Results are only viewable after voting.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The 49ers?! LOL!

Denver? Their Head Coach had a chance to coach Kyler and rather took a team that was going to have to commit cap suicide for a year or two instead.

Tampa?! With one of the best offenses in the league and a resurgent Baker on a manageable contract?

Pittsburg? Why pay Kyler 50 million when you’ve already got just as good if not better offensive production with Fields at MUCH CHEAPER cost?

Falcons?! With Kurt playing the best ball of his life AND having just drafted a QBOTF?

Those suggestions make very little sense.

Panthers/Browns/jags/Indy/Raiders/Miami/Dallas/Jets would probably be happy with Kyler. Then again, those are some of the worst organizations in the league, so of course they’d salivate over his inconsistency.

Seattle could be a place he could flourish though with the right coaching. Any of those other spots and I think we’re looking at the same questions being asked.

I never had Seattle in my brain til he posted it and now it terrifies me

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah sorry if he said that Kyler was a top 15 QB I don’t think there’d be much debate. Kyler is a mid-tier QB right now playing on a bad team.

What happens is he gets criticized. This game wasn’t really his fault, but he also didn’t life anyone up.

If you get plaudits for a middling passing performance like last weeks’s against San Fran, you’re gonna get criticized for a similar performance with a worse result.
Bingo.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I never had Seattle in my brain til he posted it and now it terrifies me
I don’t think they’d trade for him. Probably more likely to draft someone than pay him that contract. And we would probably not trade him within division because… reasons.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This distorts arguments. No one questions Kyler’s “intelligence”. They question his football intelligence/acumen. That’s totally different than what you’re implying.

Kyler can't read a defense. He doesn't watch film. He can't go through his progressions. He is one read and run

I have seen all that

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t think they’d trade for him. Probably more likely to draft someone than pay him that contract. And we would probably not trade him within division because… reasons.

Kylers contract is 16% of the cap right now. Top guys are 30

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
See this is why we find all this so frustrating. Absent of a salary cap, he is basically stating Murray is QB 15, which seems reasonable.

And he gets just attacked for it.

I was asked about my mental health today because I find this divisiveness so tiresome.
It wasn’t long ago I was fighting for that pedestal. I really thought Kyler was all that and a box of chocolate.

I have come off that stance. I guess I misunderstood him. I thought he was criticizing me for ranking him as middle of the pack.

Now that being said, when I posted my opinion it was criticized as “ another unserious “ post more than once.Thus the response.

Gambler

Veteran
Reaction score
This distorts arguments. No one questions Kyler’s “intelligence”. They question his football intelligence/acumen. That’s totally different than what you’re implying.
In his defense, Kyler has always been a big time winner in HS and College. He has a monster arm and is so quick. He cannot rely just on that in the NFL. Guys are bigger, stronger and faster. He has the physical tools to succeed. He is our QB and I want him to succeed.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It wasn’t long ago I was fighting for that pedestal. I really thought Kyler was all that and a box of chocolate.

I have come off that stance. I guess I misunderstood him. I thought he was criticizing me for ranking him as middle of the pack.

Now that being said, when I posted my opinion it was criticized as “ another unserious “ post more than once.Thus the response.

That's fair

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah sorry if he said that Kyler was a top 15 QB I don’t think there’d be much debate. Kyler is a mid-tier QB right now playing on a bad team.

What happens is he gets criticized. This game wasn’t really his fault, but he also didn’t life anyone up.

If you get plaudits for a middling passing performance like last weeks’s against San Fran, you’re gonna get criticized for a similar performance with a worse result.

In fairness, I was very specific in calling the win against San Fran a "team win" because I thought Murray was pretty average but average was enough

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Kyler went to Seattle, he might be wildly successful. What I question, can the Cardinals build a winning team around him.

I would love nothing more than to think Kyler is the problem.

Fixing 1 issue vs 10 easy.

So my answer is no and he will pay the price and be successful elsewhere

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would love nothing more than to think Kyler is the problem.

Fixing 1 issue vs 10 easy.

So my answer is no and he will pay the price and be successful elsewhere

If Kyler can't be successful here, even if it is not on him, it's better to move on.

I don't think it's likely the Cardinals suddenly find the key.

He needs a team that knows how to use him.

I'm perplexed by the Cardinals front office.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Kyler can't be successful here, even if it is not on him, it's better to move on.

What if I told you Kyler has been successful here?

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And by successful I really mean average to above average but those are hilarious high goals for this franchise

602 Native

All Star
Reaction score

Wait till you see this FO if they move on from him.

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
There has never been a more nitpicked / criticized / dividing player on the Cardinals.

The game thread was absolutely wild. That criticism crew will be silent for the entire thread until anything happens to confirm their bias.

You 46% will get your wish this year or next.
The fact that two of the top 3 threads right now are blasting Kyler, including 1 "appreciation" thread, while there isn't even a thread on the first page that is addressing this atrocity of a defense is pretty telling.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The fact that two of the top 3 threads right now are blasting Kyler, including 1 "appreciation" thread, while there isn't even a thread on the first page that is addressing this atrocity of a defense is pretty telling.

@MadCardDisease would ask if you are okay.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wait till you see this FO if they move on from him.
This FO is pathetic with or without him.

Only way this team gets better is if we get a GM in here who’s worth something. This rebuild and decision to rebuild around Kyler is so flawed from every angle (FA/Draft/Kyler) that I am losing whatever little faith I started with when we signed the cheapest GM/Coach/Assistants possible and then followed that up by bargain basement buying in FA.

Unfortunately Bidwill will never spend/step back from the team enough to put a consistent winner forward.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiev22