Is it time to move on from Kyler Murray

Should the Cardinals move on from Kyler Murray?

• Yes

• No

• I don't freaking know

Results are only viewable after voting.

Gambler

Veteran
Reaction score
There has never been a more nitpicked / criticized / dividing player on the Cardinals.

The game thread was absolutely wild. That criticism crew will be silent for the entire thread until anything happens to confirm their bias.

You 46% will get your wish this year or next.
I don’t want Kyler gone. But they have a right to criticize their highly paid player when he does not perform. Everyone wants him to succeed (who is a Cardinal’s fan). But his play and body language leave a lot to be desired. I know I will be in the stands on MNF and want him to lead us to victory.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Many teams would take K1 off this pitiful franchise.

The Cards don’t deserve K1.

I am not quite there. I think the longer this goes the less those teams are. They could have gotten the house last off season.

The oldest NFL team has 7 total QBs with over 10,000 passing yards. 7...in some 130 years.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would trade dak and the ranch for Kyler Murray.
Lol… I texted a couple of my buddies that the only teams dumb enough to trade for Kyler as their elixir are probably the Raiders, Dolphins and Cowboys. Only question is which of them could Monty get the most draft picks from… that he would then inevitably squander.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t want Kyler gone. But they have a right to criticize their highly paid player when he does not perform. Everyone wants him to succeed (who is a Cardinal’s fan). But his play and body language leave a lot to be desired. I know I will be in the stands on MNF and want him to lead us to victory.

What other "body language" players are you aware of on the team?

602 Native

All Star
Reaction score
I am not quite there. I think the longer this goes the less those teams are. They could have gotten the house last off season.

The oldest NFL team has 7 total QBs with over 10,000 passing yards. 7...in some 130 years.
Giants
Dallas
Sea Hawks
Rams
Browns
Pittsburgh
Dolphins
Jets
Jags
Indy
49ers
Raiders
Denver
Pats
Tampa
Falcons
Panthers Would all trade for K1 if given the chance.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Lol… I texted a couple of my buddies that the only teams dumb enough to trade for Kyler as their elixir are probably the Raiders, Dolphins and Cowboys. Only question is which of them could Monty get the most draft picks from… that he would then inevitably squander.
yeah I wouldn't trade any high end draft picks. I would trade players.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Giants
Dallas
Sea Hawks
Rams
Browns
Pittsburgh
Dolphins
Jets
Jags
Indy
49ers
Raiders
Denver
Pats
Tampa
Falcons

While this list does prove your point, I think about a third I would eliminate based on team construction and cap

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congrats. You have now earned the ASFN “Kyler Murray’s Biggest Fan” award. That’s okay. Some just don’t agree.

See this is why we find all this so frustrating. Absent of a salary cap, he is basically stating Murray is QB 15, which seems reasonable.

And he gets just attacked for it.

I was asked about my mental health today because I find this divisiveness so tiresome.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Giants
Dallas
Sea Hawks
Rams
Browns
Pittsburgh
Dolphins
Jets
Jags
Indy
49ers
Raiders
Denver
Pats
Tampa
Falcons

The 49ers?! LOL!

Denver? Their Head Coach had a chance to coach Kyler and rather took a team that was going to have to commit cap suicide for a year or two instead.

Tampa?! With one of the best offenses in the league and a resurgent Baker on a manageable contract?

Pittsburg? Why pay Kyler 50 million when you’ve already got just as good if not better offensive production with Fields at MUCH CHEAPER cost?

Falcons?! With Kurt playing the best ball of his life AND having just drafted a QBOTF?

Those suggestions make very little sense.

Panthers/Browns/jags/Indy/Raiders/Miami/Dallas/Jets would probably be happy with Kyler. Then again, those are some of the worst organizations in the league, so of course they’d salivate over his inconsistency.

Seattle could be a place he could flourish though with the right coaching. Any of those other spots and I think we’re looking at the same questions being asked.

Gambler

Veteran
Reaction score
See this is why we find all this so frustrating. Absent of a salary cap, he is basically stating Murray is QB 15, which seems reasonable.

I was asked about my mental health today because I find this divisiveness so tiresome.
Absent of salary cap? That’s like saying “other than that Mrs Lincoln, how did you like the play”?

602 Native

All Star
Reaction score
We picked apart Kurt Warner vs Matt Leinart
Don’t remind me.

They would bring Kurt in and the offense would sing and I would be like why is Leinart playing?

Then Kurt retired and I couldn’t believe Wizenhunt cut Leinart and went with Anderson right before the season started.

That’s probably when I became radicalized. LOL

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
He is not average he plays for a below average team and today was big time proof.

Yeah sorry if he said that Kyler was a top 15 QB I don’t think there’d be much debate. Kyler is a mid-tier QB right now playing on a bad team.

What happens is he gets criticized. This game wasn’t really his fault, but he also didn’t life anyone up.

If you get plaudits for a middling passing performance like last weeks’s against San Fran, you’re gonna get criticized for a similar performance with a worse result.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Warner's character was never attacked on this board

Leinart's character was but not his intelligence.
This distorts arguments. No one questions Kyler’s “intelligence”. They question his football intelligence/acumen. That’s totally different than what you’re implying.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiev22