Is it time to move on from Kyler Murray

Should the Cardinals move on from Kyler Murray?

• Yes

• No

• I don't freaking know

Results are only viewable after voting.

Pokinmik

Rookie
Reaction score
Wilson fumbling on a promising drive after a Murray dart, defensive back committing an unacceptable and unnecessary defensive PI that gifted em a TD. That’s a 14-28 point swing right there. Awful play calling. None of those Murray’s fault.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Wilson fumbling on a promising drive after a Murray dart, defensive back committing an unacceptable and unnecessary defensive PI that gifted em a TD. That’s a 14-28 point swing right there. Awful play calling. None of those Murray’s fault.

Game was over when MW fumbled the ball.

WAS could have scored 60 today if they had really wanted to.

Goodyear Card

Link Guy
Reaction score
You are right, that other players made mistakes, but Murray is also bad. After the defensive interception, the offensive went three and out. That should have been a big momentum change. Murray was also the #1 pick and is making $45M a year. He should be making other players look better, not the other way around.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
You are right, that other players made mistakes, but Murray is also bad. After the defensive interception, the offensive went three and out. That should have been a big momentum change. Murray was also the #1 pick and is making $45M a year. He should be making other players look better, not the other way around.

Just like the prior game, after a "momentum changing interception", Petzing went straight to the run game to kill the drive. He doesn't know what the word momentum means. BA always knew that you want to take your shots in those moments.

Pokinmik

Rookie
Reaction score
It’s impossible when the offense is trash. We know when we win games kyler is running around and making things happen and threatening the D. Last time we beat the commanders (then the skins), Murray was running all over the place and making defenders look stupid. Of course if he drops back like Tom Brady it’s not going to go well. This isn’t basketball where one guy can just dominate like lebron.

Pokinmik

Rookie
Reaction score
Just like the prior game, after a "momentum changing interception", Petzing went straight to the run game to kill the drive. He doesn't know what the word momentum means. BA always knew that you want to take your shots in those moments.

Yep that abortion of a series and the other commanders stops in the first half did us in. Clear as day this was a shootout type game whoever was going to win and petzing Brought a platsic knife.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
It’s so hard to evaluate the scheme when we have a defense full of call center employees on the field. Is his scheme this soft coverage? Or is that just a skill issue. Idk.
I understand talent on defense is still sketchy, the scheme to me is very similar to Vance Blowseph. Play soft zones & make teams drive the field. Unfortunately the pass rush is putrid which makes it a disaster imo. Too many easy throws & can’t stop the run. The 2 are like gasoline & a match together.

Did you see Max Melton get 1 series & was in sticky man coverage & clearly on his man boom…boom. He didn’t see another snap after #24 was put back in the game. Sure the coverage needs to be mixed up for success, but watch any other NFL team and tell me there are more easy pass completions. I think our DBs are better in m2m coverage than they are getting credit for. Stop the madness JG & Rollis.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
They don't get this. Inconsistency as a team means their is a lack of talent and direction. Its not the QB that is the problem here in AZ.
Kyler just took another needless sack when you were typing this post. But nah, he's never at fault. Never, you say!

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It’s a crime this is the D squad this team came into the season with cap space just sitting unused! But yeah let’s talk about the QB sounds as though a good portion of the fan base is as ignorant as the front office honestly! This team is talent depleted everywhere I mean seriously MHJ and Kyler, and old JC, and a hurt TE is the cream of this lousy crop!

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
We have 13 games to confirm my suspicion that he has serious limitations that limit the team's upside.

I still want to take the whole season to evaluate the team and avoid overreacting to one lousy team performance.

This is test for JG. Let's see how they respond and what happens in SF.

Red Bird

Veteran
Reaction score
If you say yes to getting rid of Murray, just be prepared for that massive cap hit.
You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
BirdGangThing

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
he did literally just have a perfect game - i don't think he's going anywhere anytime soon but if the goal is a superbowl we need much more consistency - especially with that contract

Stout

Reaction score
It’s a crime this is the D squad this team came into the season with cap space just sitting unused! But yeah let’s talk about the QB sounds as though a good portion of the fan base is as ignorant as the front office honestly! This team is talent depleted everywhere I mean seriously MHJ and Kyler, and old JC, and a hurt TE is the cream of this lousy crop!
We get it. You're a Kyler fan who will defend him with your dying breath. He could take a dump on your pillow and you'd swear you deserved it. Boring.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Probably but I still would defense(EDGE or DT, literally nobody else) next year.

We’re just so far behind a lot of teams personnel wise on defense it’s nauseating.
Yup. Kyler is going to be the QB for 2025. Keep adding key pieces and ride the process out. Worst case scenario is that our next, rookie QB has talent to work with from the start.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We get it. You're a Kyler fan who will defend him with your dying breath. He could take a dump on your pillow and you'd swear you deserved it. Boring.
We get it, you’re a Kyler basher. What’s boring is the haters that can’t look past their dislike of a player to see this team has major flaws. I can say the game plan the last two weeks sure as heel isn’t the one we kicked the Rams ass with! Zero creativity on offense, zero rollouts to move the pocket slow down the pas rush, zero designed runs for Kyler, only 22 passes against what everyone is claiming a terrible D with back end issues? Instead they reverted to the bUffalo game plan of featuring JC which is just stupid, Rams game feature and forced ball to MHJ and boom good things happened. But yeah let’s run JC and Demarcado over using MHJ this OV is a fuckig joke!

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only hesitancy I have about resetting the clock is that this defense is desperate for an infusion of talent. That and I haven’t really seen any college QB that stands out yet

Exactly, said this in another thread. in the game thread people were talking about Shedeur Sanders, who would have been the 5th or 6th QB in this years draft. I think 3 of the guys this year are playing, Daniels, Caleb and Bo Nix? McCarthy, Penix and Maye are all sitting. Caleb has been terrible, Nix is awful, Daniels has been brilliant.

Ewers, the Georgia QB none of those guys strike me as for sure things. So you're hoping to find a situation like Minnesota did this year which is VERY hard to do.

IF there's a QB there when we pick that we like yes, but otherwise we need literally everything so take whoever is the best.

Stout

Reaction score
I've deleted the same or similar post a few times before posting it for fear of getting banned. Let's just say some folks will never accept a criticism of Kyler. Let's also say that some posters will follow Kyler's next team when he inevitably moves on, which he really needs to do. It's not going to happen for Kyler in Arizona.

Stout

Reaction score
We get it, you’re a Kyler basher. What’s boring is the haters that can’t look past their dislike of a player to see this team has major flaws. I can say the game plan the last two weeks sure as heel isn’t the one we kicked the Rams ass with! Zero creativity on offense, zero rollouts to move the pocket slow down the pas rush, zero designed runs for Kyler, only 22 passes against what everyone is claiming a terrible D with back end issues? Instead they reverted to the bUffalo game plan of featuring JC which is just stupid, Rams game feature and forced ball to MHJ and boom good things happened. But yeah let’s run JC and Demarcado over using MHJ this OV is a fuckig joke!
Tired. Lame. I started the Kyler Appreciation thread and also slammed the team all offseason for not fixing anything on the D.

There. It took one sentence to deconstruct your entire post and premise. I can praise Kyler as well as criticize him. Can you criticize him as well as you praise him? I am saying to your internet face that you cannot. I dare you to prove me wrong.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Exactly, said this in another thread. in the game thread people were talking about Shedeur Sanders, who would have been the 5th or 6th QB in this years draft. I think 3 of the guys this year are playing, Daniels, Caleb and Bo Nix? McCarthy, Penix and Maye are all sitting. Caleb has been terrible, Nix is awful, Daniels has been brilliant.

Ewers, the Georgia QB none of those guys strike me as for sure things. So you're hoping to find a situation like Minnesota did this year which is VERY hard to do.

IF there's a QB there when we pick that we like yes, but otherwise we need literally everything so take whoever is the best.
Milroe?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake