Is it time to move on from Kyler Murray

Should the Cardinals move on from Kyler Murray?

• Yes

• No

• I don't freaking know

Results are only viewable after voting.

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
I turned off the game pretty early. I didnt watch the full game, but what worried me is that the Commanders did a good of keeping Kyler contained.

There were times he couldn't or wouldn't make the required throw from within the pocket. Yet last year he seemed to do it more consistently. It's almost like he regressed today.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Mahomes sacked 3 times today, he sucks!! Threw a pick too!! Wait he won the game with 17 points because he plays for a real team
Imagine comparing a bum that can't win a playoff game to the probably GOAT who elevates the team around him and has won multiple championships. Only on a Cards board. Or should I say, Kyler board.

Stout

Reaction score
And just how often do teams win 51-46 in the NFL ? That's the exception NOT the rule.
The defense is ass. This is known. Offenses that are ass and don't stay on the field contribute to defenses giving up more points. This is also known. Bad QB play is a large part of bad offense. This is also known.

Stout

Reaction score
Offense was supposed to carry the team according to who though? Only some fans who wanted something to be optimistic about because we all knew the defense would be trash (but they have actually been even worse than anybody could have possibly imagined).

This offense is designed for ball control. Short passing and pounding the ball. There are NO deep threats on the team.

So when the defense gives up an easy touchdown on every freaking drive, it forces the offense to be somebody they're not, to try to keep up.
Didn't take long for the excuses to come out because, if we don't bag on the offensive talent around him, Kyler must bear some blame. No deep threats? Hmm, guess Marv didn't score any deep TDs early in his rookie season, eh?

How about we have a QB that doesn't have the confidence to get the ball downfield often enough?

Stout

Reaction score
This offense is not just a Kyler problem that’s absurd! This offense has very few playmakers and still a questionable line, and even worse a moron from the Browns as an OC that seems like a terrible fit!
Everyone but Kyler, right? He is golden, perfect, untouchable, and it's always everyone else's problem. Reminds me of Kevin Bacon: Remain calm about Kyler, all is well! Should nickname him Teflon around here.

Stout

Reaction score
I turned off the game pretty early. I didnt watch the full game, but what worried me is that the Commanders did a good of keeping Kyler contained.

There were times he couldn't or wouldn't make the required throw from within the pocket. Yet last year he seemed to do it more consistently. It's almost like he regressed today.
He's never been good at passing within the pocket, and it's a big problem.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was unable to tune into the game prior to half-time, and I quickly tuned it out after that.

I could tell that everything was going horribly, but where does this rank on the scale of Kyler duds? I really have no clue, my assumption was this was a total teamwide failure... was Kyler missing his timing routes, taking bad sacks and making the "Eli Manning face", or was he just having a bad day with the rest of the team?

ALSO, it sucks seeing Kingsbury in week 4, when the league hasn't sniffed out some random quirk he invented, as opposed to week 10-17, when he looks like he hasn't slept in weeks... or won in weeks.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I was unable to tune into the game prior to half-time, and I quickly tuned it out after that.

I could tell that everything was going horribly, but where does this rank on the scale of Kyler duds? I really have no clue, my assumption was this was a total teamwide failure... was Kyler missing his timing routes, taking bad sacks and making the "Eli Manning face", or was he just having a bad day with the rest of the team?

ALSO, it sucks seeing Kingsbury in week 4, when the league hasn't sniffed out some random quirk he invented, as opposed to week 10-17, when he looks like he hasn't slept in weeks... or won in weeks.
my thoughts exactly

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I say no. But not because they shouldnt. If we have to spend top tier draft capital on a QB, it would set back this rebuild something awful. We desperately need top end talent on the D. We HAVE to do that first.

Unless of course, there's a time frame for moving on from KMs contract that makes more sense now than later. But yeah, this is reaching Jake Plummer level frustrating. I think its time to bail, but I don't think it prudent in this place and time.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I say no. But not because they shouldnt. If we have to spend top tier draft capital on a QB, it would set back this rebuild something awful. We desperately need top end talent on the D. We HAVE to do that first.

Unless of course, there's a time frame for moving on from KMs contract that makes more sense now than later. But yeah, this is reaching Jake Plummer level frustrating. I think its time to bail, but I don't think it prudent in this place and time.
instead of a new drafted QB, I think I would rather pick up one of the many failed QB projects around the league.

Our greatest extended success stories involved scrap heap QBs.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
There was mention of this year's rookie QBs. Well, Nix, Daniels, and Williams, the ones who are playing, all have more wins than Kyler and it's not like they were drafted to good teams.
I know it's not all on the QB but still. QB's need to make plays in game winning situations.

Kyler is in the league 6 years. Can anyone see any improvement from year 2 on? I can't. He's the same guy and will likely always be that guy. He'll look great for a few games, middling for a few, and terrible for a few.

GeorgiaCard88

Veteran
Reaction score
It has " NOTHING TO DO WITH POINTS GIVEN UP ". WHAT ! ! !... In 50 years of watching football. I can't remember if I've ever seen a defense give up 42 points ( At the NFL level ) and win the game no matter who their Quarterback was. I'm sure there are a couple but, I can't remember them. And, I have watched many, many quarterbacks ( good, bad and in-between ) look bad when surrounded by very little talent.
Just as I have watched quite a few bad quarterbacks win championships with teams that have a lot of talent.

There is a reason the saying is, " Defense wins championships " and not " offense wins championships ".
Just to play devils advocate - if the offense was actually functioning and making mid to long sustained drives- no way the other team has time to drop 42 points.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There was mention of this year's rookie QBs. Well, Nix, Daniels, and Williams, the ones who are playing, all have more wins than Kyler and it's not like they were drafted to good teams.
I know it's not all on the QB but still. QB's need to make plays in game winning situations.

Kyler is in the league 6 years. Can anyone see any improvement from year 2 on? I can't. He's the same guy and will likely always be that guy. He'll look great for a few games, middling for a few, and terrible for a few.
This isn’t me defending Kyler at all, but Bo Nix literally just won a game where his team had 10 points & he threw for 60 yards. When is the last time we won a game like that? C’mon now.

netsnjkidd

Veteran
Reaction score
instead of a new drafted QB, I think I would rather pick up one of the many failed QB projects around the league.

Our greatest extended success stories involved scrap heap QBs.
Thats my thinking if moving off K1 is looking an option. A rookie would set the rebuild back even longer. A reclamation project would be ideal but whose out there thats young enough to make sense. Maybe a mac jones im not sure

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Thats my thinking if moving off K1 is looking an option. A rookie would set the rebuild back even longer. A reclamation project would be ideal but whose out there thats young enough to make sense. Maybe a mac jones im not sure
Out of one side of our mouths we say the org is a disaster and the reason for our QBs struggles, and then say we should get a reclamation project as if we're they type of org who can "fix" a QB a la Darnold/Mayfield/Smith. I cant wrap my head around that.

We have to fix the talent level everywhere else outside the QB position. That's the ONLY way to definitely prove what effect KMs inconsistent play have on this team.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree completely. My thought is if they truly want this offense to succeed, they are going to have to get Michael Wilson way more involved. The Cardinals bright days were when they had Anquan Boldin and Larry Fitzgerald. I remember people used to joke back then that all aging Kurt Warner had to do was throw the ball near them and they would catch it. With the talent level on this team. They are going to have to adopt the Bruce Arians philosophy of; " No risk it, No biscuit " or their not gonna get any better. Right now Michael Wilson seems to be a non-factor PERIOD ! ! !. Unless he becomes a factor to compliment MHJ. There is Absolutely No reason to pay a guy just to run down the field and not contribute. Right now it looks like he would be more useful on a track team than an NFL team smh.

We need a #2 WR. Wilson is supposed to be the 2 but he's not yet good enough to do that. He's better than last year and he was open for the first on the 4th down play where Kyler took the sack, and open on the 2nd drive(barely) on the one Kyler overthrew high, but he's simply not yet good enough to be a 2.

Some of it is all the short drops, some of it is Kyler not throwing downfield more, some of it's the OL, but MHJ is literally the only guy on the roster averaging more than 10 YPC. Wilson is 9.9. Washington for contrast, 6 guys more than 10 YPC.

I'm not a huge Zay Jones guy but he has one more game on his suspension and then he's back, hopefully he can do something to help, he's not exactly a burner himself but at least he's been in the league and had some production.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake