Is it time to move on from Kyler Murray

Should the Cardinals move on from Kyler Murray?

• Yes

• No

• I don't freaking know

Results are only viewable after voting.

602 Native

Veteran
Reaction score
Out of one side of our mouths we say the org is a disaster and the reason for our QBs struggles, and then say we should get a reclamation project as if we're they type of org who can "fix" a QB a la Darnold/Mayfield/Smith. I cant wrap my head around that.

We have to fix the talent level everywhere else outside the QB position. That's the ONLY way to definitely prove what effect KMs inconsistent play have on this team.

Screaming replace the QB is lazy hence why it is being parroted without thought of what that means for a franchise that has never been good with QBs.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There was mention of this year's rookie QBs. Well, Nix, Daniels, and Williams, the ones who are playing, all have more wins than Kyler and it's not like they were drafted to good teams.
I know it's not all on the QB but still. QB's need to make plays in game winning situations.

Kyler is in the league 6 years. Can anyone see any improvement from year 2 on? I can't. He's the same guy and will likely always be that guy. He'll look great for a few games, middling for a few, and terrible for a few.

The Bears and Broncos both have top 10 defenses, the Broncos might be the best defense in the NFL right now.

Nix had -7 yards passing at the half yesterday and they won the game.

Daniels is playing lights out, looks like a star, Caleb is the 30th rated QB in the NFL by passer rating, Nix is 31st. Daniels is the 3rd rated.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Out of one side of our mouths we say the org is a disaster and the reason for our QBs struggles, and then say we should get a reclamation project as if we're they type of org who can "fix" a QB a la Darnold/Mayfield/Smith. I cant wrap my head around that.

We have to fix the talent level everywhere else outside the QB position. That's the ONLY way to definitely prove what effect KMs inconsistent play have on this team.
Absolutely not. Year 6 and we're still trying to make the same lame excuses? He has a good enough offensive team around him. The time for him to prove out has already passed, but it is most certainly NOW. He doesn't get year 7. 8, 9, 10...and counting.

urs

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The defense is ass. This is known. Offenses that are ass and don't stay on the field contribute to defenses giving up more points. This is also known. Bad QB play is a large part of bad offense. This is also known.
Cardinals had the ball for 27 minutes, let's not act like that in any way contributed to the poor defense, which was bad from the start (when fully rested)

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Everyone moves on from this franchise and does better.
Except us fans.

Sports is a weird thing. Many don’t even give their family members as many chances to disappoint us as we do sports franchises who bilk us for hard earned dollars. If we chose all of our products and services that we purchase each day the way we choose sports teams we would all be dead and broke.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I wonder if there are fans in Buffalo who want to move on from this:

ALLEN

16/29 - 180 yards (6.2) TD: 0 INT: 0 - Sacks: 3 - RAT: 73.9 - 10 pts generated.

KM

16/22 - 142 yards (6.5) TD: 1 INT: 0 - Sacks: 4 - RAT: 104.7 - 14 pts generated.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
The Bears and Broncos both have top 10 defenses, the Broncos might be the best defense in the NFL right now.

Nix had -7 yards passing at the half yesterday and they won the game.

Daniels is playing lights out, looks like a star, Caleb is the 30th rated QB in the NFL by passer rating, Nix is 31st. Daniels is the 3rd rated.
I realize all that but when the game was there for the taking Nix made some nice plays to Sutton and got them in the end zone. Williams is scrambling for his life about every play. They better be careful with Williams, could make him gunshy the way it's going.

I'm not saying those 2 are better than Murray right now but I could be convinced to be 2-2 with those two moving forward over 1-3 with Murray.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score

ALLEN

KM

16/22 - 142 yards (6.5) TD: 1 INT: 0 - Sacks: 4 - RAT: 104.7 - 14 pts generated.
why did you even post that ridiculous comment? If Murray has had even 1/2 the success of Allen, nobody would be looking to move on after a game like this.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

ALLEN

KM

Now do career records

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
why did you even post that ridiculous comment? If Murray has had even 1/2 the success of Allen, nobody would be looking to move on after a game like this.

If KM had had Josh's personnel support and health, he'd have had half the success of Allen.

My point is that I find the knee-jerk hostility towards KM baffling.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Everyone but Kyler, right? He is golden, perfect, untouchable, and it's always everyone else's problem. Reminds me of Kevin Bacon: Remain calm about Kyler, all is well! Should nickname him Teflon around here.
not JUST a Kyler problem, can you not read ? Never mind your a mindless hater that only sees what you want to see just ignorant…

urs

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Except us fans.

Sports is a weird thing. Many don’t even give their family members as many chances to disappoint us as we do sports franchises who bilk us for hard earned dollars. If we chose all of our products and services that we purchase each day the way we choose sports teams we would all be dead and broke.
Might be the first post of yours I completely agree with

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Now now cbus, it’s clear that this thread was started solely based on this weeks games. Anything prior cannot be taken into account.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
If KM had had Josh's personnel support and health, he'd have had half the success of Allen.

My point is that I find the knee-jerk hostility towards KM baffling.
If he had half the success of allen he’d have been what he is today.

urs

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
not JUST a Kyler problem, can you not read ? Never mind your a mindless hater that only sees what you want to see just ignorant…
They don't understand that Kyler wasn't the reason we lost yesterday, he was one of the reasons we didn't score more points. They can't separate the two

urs

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Except us fans.

Hey, at least it's Suns season that should lift our spirits! Also, Dbacks have a 1 in a million shot to make playoffs today. SPORTS!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
They don't understand that Kyler wasn't the reason we lost yesterday, he was one of the reasons we didn't score more points. They can't separate the two
Not scoring points is one of the reasons we lost. Literally no one is saying he was the only reason we lost. If you truly believed he was one of the reasons we lost you wouldn’t be defending him today.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake