Is it time to move on from Kyler Murray

Should the Cardinals move on from Kyler Murray?

• Yes

• No

• I don't freaking know

Results are only viewable after voting.

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Absolutely not. Year 6 and we're still trying to make the same lame excuses? He has a good enough offensive team around him. The time for him to prove out has already passed, but it is most certainly NOW. He doesn't get year 7. 8, 9, 10...and counting.
Sorry my man. I dont disagree with you on Murray, but now is not the time to bring another young or reclamation QB into the fold. We'd just Cardinal it all up and ruin that guy as well. We HAVE to ride with Murray until the overall talent level on this team is better. Just have to. Bad situation, but that's the only way out IMO.

The reality is, There IS no way out and were forever effed because we chose this ishtbag franchise to fall in love with. I hate them. GO CARDS!

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
You are such a good solider GG, and thank you. Hopefully the team leaders see this.

But it's wasted here. A bunch of these guys want to scapegoat Murray for yesterday's defeat.

They want to accuse him of "not reading the defense fast enough", or "not throwing receivers open" and "not teleporting into the endzone" and things like that. I think a couple (not many) may actually have an agenda.

It's a sad, depressing situation.

All is not lost yet though. Hang in there my friend.
What possible "agenda" could a message board poster have? I do not think that word means what you think it means. This was one of the weirdest statements among many weird statements posted in this thread.

I try to stay out of these petty arguments, but this one really baffled me.

Gambler

Veteran
Reaction score
Cardinals had the ball for 27 minutes, let's not act like that in any way contributed to the poor defense, which was bad from the start (when fully rested)
Both teams had 9 possessions. It's what they did with them that is telling.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
We're in YEAR 6 in the Kyler experience. He isn't improving, he's not moving the ball down the field, he can't read defenses, he doesn't run enough. At this point, expecting much more in terms of improvement here is delusional. He's good once every 4-5 games, which simply isn't good enough.

Blah, blah and blah.

He beats the 49ers next weekend, and it's crickets from haters for a week.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry my man. I dont disagree with you on Murray, but now is not the time to bring another young or reclamation QB into the fold. We'd just Cardinal it all up and ruin that guy as well. We HAVE to ride with Murray until the overall talent level on this team is better. Just have to. Bad situation, but that's the only way out IMO.

The reality is, There IS no way out and were forever effed because we chose this ishtbag franchise to fall in love with. I hate them. GO CARDS!
As I said in another post. Plan B. We are stuck with Kyler. One big reason is Bidwill won’t eat the dead money if we were to move on, nor should we.

Plan B, no more help for Kyler. Everything going forward is defense. Draft and free agency needs to be building a defense that can allow Kyler to turn and hand off the ball and throw it 18 times a game. If we have to punt 6 times so be it. Take all the pressure, responsibility and the onus off of him.

He is never going to carry this team or any other team because he is too inconsistent.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
What possible "agenda" could a message board poster have? I do not think that word means what you think it means. This was one of the weirdest statements among many weird statements posted in this thread.

I try to stay out of these petty arguments, but this one really baffled me.

Oh. I just meant that it's possible one or two of Murray's detractors here don't really care about his performance. The only objective of their posts is to use any opportunity available to portray him in the worst light possible. That's their plan or "agenda".

Does that make sense?

Please note in both posts I used the words/phrases "maybe" and "possible" and "a couple" and "one or two"

We good?

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
The much maligned Justin Fields has better stats in about every QB stat and Pittsburgh isn’t loaded with weapons.
They’re having similar years.
Except Murray is making about $40 million more.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Oh. I just meant that it's possible one or two of Murray's detractors here don't really care about his performance. The only objective of their posts is to use any opportunity available to portray him in the worst light possible. That's their plan or "agenda".

Does that make sense?

Please note in both posts I used the words/phrases "maybe" and "possible" and "a couple" and "one or two"

We good?
Yeah, we good.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The much maligned Justin Fields has better stats in about every QB stat and Pittsburgh isn’t loaded with weapons.
And its playing in a much better organization.

Yall need to face it, the Cardinals are a trash organization, trash atmosphere, voted worst facilities in league, multiple lawsuits and scandals, and a horrible cheap owner.

A new owner has to come in and drain the swamp if you will, if you want to see any type of long-term competitiveness. The franchise is hoping they strike lightning in a bottle like they did with Arians and it just cant work under Bidwill.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think it’s time to move on, but Kyler winning playoff games at next franchise would be the funniest thing ever. Do I think it’ll happen? No, man if that were to happen.

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
And its playing in a much better organization.

Yall need to face it, the Cardinals are a trash organization, trash atmosphere, voted worst facilities in league, multiple lawsuits and scandals, and a horrible cheap owner.

A new owner has to come in and drain the swamp if you will, if you want to see any type of long-term competitiveness. The franchise is hoping they strike lightning in a bottle like they did with Arians and it just cant work under Bidwill.
Agree 100%

urs

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The guy with 3 passing TDs? LOL, you haters are something else...

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
The Jacksonville Jaguars' fans, and it seems management, are done with Trevor Lawrence. He has played badly for two years, and has a higher salary than Murray. Would you rather have Lawrence or Murray, and would you trade?
I would do that trade. Lawrence is more talented and both guys could probably benefit from a change of scenery.

Don’t know what happened in Jax. They were a playoff lock last year and looked like they could challenge for the AFC then went in the tank and have lost like 9 straight games.

602 Native

Veteran
Reaction score
I would do that trade. Lawrence is more talented and both guys could probably benefit from a change of scenery.

Don’t know what happened in Jax. They were a playoff lock last year and looked like they could challenge for the AFC then went in the tank and have lost like 9 straight games.
TL is not a football guy. He is a guy that is good at football but doesn't love the game.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake