Is it time to move on from Kyler Murray

Should the Cardinals move on from Kyler Murray?

• Yes

• No

• I don't freaking know

Results are only viewable after voting.
OP
OP
BirdGangThing

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
kyler's top level is about where russell wilsons was but wilson was more consistent and lived for the moment

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
20th in the league in passing yards with an absolutely pathetic 777 total on the season. That’s less than 200 yards per game. Underperforming his #10 contract by a wide margin.
Yes absolutely not great numbers passing, maybe the OC should pass more? Is Kyler now calling his own plays? It’s clear they want to run the ball but they are shouting themselves into the foot with the ground and pound predictable play calling. Crazy though how about passing on 1st or 2nd down once in awhile. So Washington has a near bottom pass defense says the numbers but our brilliant game plan, barely throw the ball… brilliant!

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Woah

Pass it over to me :mrgreen:

You must be registered for see images attach
Davante Adams, Jakobi Meyers, Tre Tucker, Brock Bowers and Michael Mayer are an elite supporting cast. Pretty much any QB with a little talent could win there, Kyler being average and occasionally flashing would be a huge upgrade from Minshew. I think the Raiders would still be a playoff team now if they hadn't cut Derek Carr a few seasons ago for Jimmy G (Josh McDaniels is football terrorist).

Think about it.

Adams >>>>>>>>>>> MHJ,
Jakobi>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Wilson
Tucker >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Dortch
Bowers >>>>>>>>> McBride
Mayer >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Higgins.

Their defense has plenty of studs, they could lean on the defense when Kyler is having a dud week. The Raiders are 2-2 and a lot of the teams on their schedule are pretty mediocre/dealing with major injuries. With Kyler they could easily beat up on the Steelers, Chargers, Broncos, Rams, Bengals, Dolphins and Jags. That would put them at 9 wins.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yes, and how many of his completions and yardage came in garbage time?
What’s his numbers if you take the Rams game out of the stats?
Oh cool the what if game!!! What if receivers didn’t drop fuckngn balls that hit them right in the hands? What if the refs didn’t screw us and take away a pick 6 on a ridiculous call? What if Kyler had the kind of time Daniels had yesterday to scan the field? Ooooh what if we had any receivers besides the rook who could beat their coverage? What if we had an OC that didn’t plan a run based game plan for Washington who sucks on pass defense? What if we had a defense that didn’t allow teams to score at will? This what if game is fun!

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
3 games excluding Rams
609 yards (203 per game)
3td
1 int
90.1 rating.
0-3
Championship numbers.:-(
Yes very shocking with the crazy talent on this team right hahahahah your best offense weapon besides Kyler is a rookie WR who seems to have the dropsies early on so far…

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Kyler stans on the board should WANT the Cardinals to move on from Kyler if they believe what they say. They believe he will do better somewhere else with the right kind of coaching and personnel around him. Okay. Let's see it.
lol you know he will like many others when they leave the dysfunction! As a cardinal fan I don’t want to see them make the same mistakes but they likely will. This team is a mess it’s not one player issue it’s top to bottom joke right now!

Reactions: urs

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think it’s time to move on, but Kyler winning playoff games at next franchise would be the funniest thing ever. Do I think it’ll happen? No, man if that were to happen.
Of course it would happen it’s the cardinal way and it obviously wouldn’t be the first time how many players have left here to go on to win championships lol…

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Sorry my man. I dont disagree with you on Murray, but now is not the time to bring another young or reclamation QB into the fold. We'd just Cardinal it all up and ruin that guy as well. We HAVE to ride with Murray until the overall talent level on this team is better. Just have to. Bad situation, but that's the only way out IMO.

The reality is, There IS no way out and were forever effed because we chose this ishtbag franchise to fall in love with. I hate them. GO CARDS!
End of 2025 season is when a move would happen. I really can't see it happening sooner, really don't see better options, and the roster still needs talent at premium positions. Strap in boys.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And the 2nd one will have been to the SB and a NFC championship game.
Yeah because their situations are remotely the same lol! 9ers are always loaded and not a pathetic organization like the cards! And when they have to pay Brock it will be more than 50 and will make it harder for them to stack their roster like any other team that’s has a high paid franchise QB…

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

This x 100.

He HAS to run more. Last week I thought it was because he got stepped on but this week he had a week to rest, there were chances to run, he didn't take them.

Don't know what's going on but he's got to run more. When teams play man defense on you and your QB can run, that's a HUGE advantage, they're often back to the ball in backpedal and not in a position to get the QB.

I don't know why he's not running but it has to change

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The much maligned Justin Fields has better stats in about every QB stat and Pittsburgh isn’t loaded with weapons.
They’re having similar years.
Except Murray is making about $40 million more.

He's playing pretty well but the last 3 games, all wins, the defense has given up a total of 26 points.

They've given up 53 points in 4 games, we gave up 42 and 106 for the season(exactly twice what they've given up).

I actually tried to get him in fantasy because normally gets a bunch of running TDs

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
An argument could be made that Kliff is having success because Kyler ins't his QB anymore…
Sure, but the much more obvious one is that he’s changed his system and the league doesn’t have tape on it or Daniels yet, and they haven’t played anyone tough yet, Tampa Bay destroyed them. They will come back to earth but when you have zero pass rush and Daniels can just have all day not to mention the few hundred yards rushing against this pathetic defense. Kliff was still a terrible HC which is why he’ll likely not be one again, has an offensive mind but his shtick was figured out before and likely will be again…

Devilmaycare

King of Technicalities
Reaction score
Sure, but the much more obvious one is that he’s changed his system and the league doesn’t have tape on it or Daniels yet, and they haven’t played anyone tough yet, Tampa Bay destroyed them. They will come back to earth but when you have zero pass rush and Daniels can just have all day not to mention the few hundred yards rushing against this pathetic defense. Kliff was still a terrible HC which is why he’ll likely not be one again, has an offensive mind but his shtick was figured out before and likely will be again…
I don't really disagree. KK was a bad HC and needed to be fired. There's a good chance you're right on the league figuring him out again but the jury is still out. If he keeps this up though you have to start wondering if he was scheming around Kyler's short comings and that's why his system didn't work here.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't really disagree. KK was a bad HC and needed to be fired. There's a good chance you're right on the league figuring him out again but the jury is still out. If he keeps this up though you have to start wondering if he was scheming around Kyler's short comings and that's why his system didn't work here.
Kylers shortcomings are that he’s short for a QB and was handed a rookie HC that essentially wasted the first 4 years of his career with a staff that had no business having those jobs. Now it’s early but man this OC sure doesn’t seem to know how to use him! No rollouts or designed runs against Washington and a run based game plan wtf, that’s just idiocy in the highest order! Worse pass defense in the league hey let’s just run it and barely pass the ball lol just pure malpractice…

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake