Is it time to move on from Kyler Murray

Should the Cardinals move on from Kyler Murray?

• Yes

• No

• I don't freaking know

Results are only viewable after voting.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is where the blame goes on Kyler and Petzing. MHJ gets some blame as well, but I think he's a volume Wr. He looks out of sorts when he's not getting the football consistently. Just not really any easy offense.

Kyler gets some blame for sure but I think it's apparent that Marv just isn't always doing what kyler thinks he's going to do and he doesn't trust him. He nearly caused a pick in the first quarter not reading the blitz he just never turned around the throw went right by him and nearly got picked.

The good thing is for all the issues today when Kyler threw to him while backing up he went up and attacked it and made a contested catch. That might have been the first time this year he's done that.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
That’s what I’m saying.

Zero speed in the WR core.

I get what you and SoonerLou are saying, but Wilson can at least get some separation. He was wide open on some of his targets today, including the missed bomb. He's pretty sure handed too.

Sure I'd love to have a twitchy guy too, like a Steve Smith, but I think it's still a little early to judge this year's WR room.

Let's let MHJ and Wilson settle in to their new roles a little more. Lot's of football left for 2024.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Not many QBs in the league can make that accurate of a throw with that kind of pressure.

And is 11.7 yards per run "serviceable"?

21.3 MPH on the TD run?

The man's legs are a cheat code.

Murray had 280 yards from scrimmage today and two TDs. Deal with it.
The legs are a cheat code, I'm glad he actually ran this week. Overall I'm pro Murray, but today was almost exactly the same performance as the Lions game. The big difference was the run game worked and Kyler popped a long run for a TD. The overall team performance today was super impressive, Murray's performance was very serviceable. It was a great win, and it shows that this team could be in the mix for a wildcard spot this year.

GeorgiaCard88

Veteran
Reaction score
Wow, that's not very fair.

Murray was not perfect throwing the ball today, and the INT was bad. But when he had time to throw, he did fine. Had a couple of drops that made his stat line look worse.

And the clutch 4th and 5 throw with five SF defenders bearing down on him?

That was a great play. MVP kind of play.
It’s fine - we’ll agree to disagree about his performance. Don’t want to taint the positive win arguing about Kyler.

For the record- I know you are a huge Kyler fan and I would love nothing more than for you to be right about him.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I mean he wasn't brilliant and yes a terrible INT. But McBride dropped a TD right in his hands. Kyler made an absolutely brilliant throw to Marv backing up to extend a drive. He missed some throws but he was actually IMO quite good.

The local post game show they were saying that the 49er coaches said the problem in the 2nd half with Conner was in part because they were concerned about Murray pulling the ball out and keeping it so they had one less defender to stop Conner even when they were expecting run.
This is why as an offensive coordinator you can’t keep murray from the run game. Not just his direct impact, but the indirect impact that opens the run game.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Kyler also missed a wide open Wilson streaking down the sideline… BAD.

It was an okay day throwing the ball, but today, his legs were the key and he made key/clutch plays on a game winning drive starting at his own 10 yard line. For all of that, I think he deserves to call this is a good game.
That was a bad miss. I only saw the last 16 minutes of the game, but that was the only bad play I saw from kyler. But he’s got to hit that.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
It’s fine - we’ll agree to disagree about his performance. Don’t want to taint the positive win arguing about Kyler.

For the record- I know you are a huge Kyler fan and I would love nothing more than for you to be right about him.

Cool and agree. NFL wins are precious and it's time to celebrate.

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Well, as many have stated, he’s our starter for a while still. Beyond that, strictly backup material. And while I believe he will be better this week than last, Purdy will clearly outplay him today (yes, I know, Purdy has a ton better talent surrounding him, but he makes also makes *way* better decisions).
Well, I clearly (and happily) stand corrected.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was...for Wilson.

Speed makes up the margin of error.
Nope. The ball was 3 yards out of bounds. He certainly has to adjust his throws to McBride. He certainly can’t throw the ball high to Dortch. So he can’t throw the ball to Wilson like he is Tyreek Hill.
If you ask Kyler he certainly isn’t going to say Wilson is too slow. He is going to say I have to hit that one.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Except MHJ has already had a week where I believe he recorded the fastest time. Or one of the fastest time. So . . . not zero.

It was just the fastest in the game I googled it, 20mph. Not slow but he clocked over 22 in college.

Again I think the kid is going to be great, 4 TD's already but there are definitely some things that have surprised me in a negative way. he's not as fast as I expected, he doesn't win the contested catches nearly as often as I expected him to, and he's just not that "aware" every week there's at least one play where he's clearly not doing what he's supposed to do.

He's on a pace for I think 58-60 catches right now about 900 yards and 12-13 TD"s. Terrific for a rookie but honestly wasn't expecting him to have so many issues

602 Native

Veteran
Reaction score
Except MHJ has already had a week where I believe he recorded the fastest time. Or one of the fastest time. So . . . not zero.
I agree with this and so far MHJ has been good and progressing.

What he needs to work on is his aggressiveness when going for the ball.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Nope. The ball was 3 yards out of bounds. He certainly has to adjust his throws to McBride. He certainly can’t throw the ball high to Dortch. So he can’t throw the ball to Wilson like he is Tyreek Hill.
If you ask Kyler he certainly isn’t going to say Wilson is too slow. He is going to say I have to hit that one.

The deep throw? That was on Kyler IMO he just overthrew it.
I am not saying it wasnt a bad throw. Im saying a faster WR gets to that ball (has a shot)to make up for the poor throw IMO. Frankly I don't want to be throwing hitch and goes to Wilson.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am not saying it wasnt a bad throw. Im saying a faster WR gets to that ball (has a shot)to make up for the poor throw IMO. Frankly I don't want to be throwing hitch and goes to Wilson.

Sure but Kyler knew who he was throwing it to when he threw it. He just has to not overthrow it and not throw it out of bounds and give Wilson a chance.

I totally agree we need more WR speed btw, just don't think that play was an example of why Kyler just missed it

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That was a bad miss. I only saw the last 16 minutes of the game, but that was the only bad play I saw from kyler. But he’s got to hit that.
The interception was brutal too.

But as Russ said, he also had a TD dropped by McBride.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake