Is there any other aspect of life where....

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Is there any other aspect of life where you pay money to feel miserable like Cardinals football season? I can't really think of any. Think about it. We literally pay to get our heads bashed in every year.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
New Jersey property taxes.

It is so much worse that it is an indiscribable deep seeded hated toward the state that I live in (and no I do not want to live here but you gotta make comprimises).

At least when I turn on the TV the Cardinals have a football team out on the field. They annually suck eggs but they are physically there.

NJ property tax ? I haven't seen jack from what I pay. And it is A LOT!

jefftheshark

Drive By Poster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is there any other aspect of life where you pay money to feel miserable like Cardinals football season? I can't really think of any. Think about it. We literally pay to get our heads bashed in every year.

Mistress Dominique comes to mind, but since this is a PG board, I can't go into any of the details.

JTS

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Marriage...

freebyrd

Reaction score
none that i can think of, but the lingering hope that some year it will be our turn to stun the world keeps us all coming back, but admittedly its getting harder i've been hanging on for thirty years and the 98 season is the better part of a decade ago,

i need something fellas, i need playoffs something to give me hope and to know that i'm not just a sucker, i fear we are in the midst of a major losing streak, i don't see us winning another game until atlanta, beating them and st louis will put us at 5 and 11
i don't know how i can recover from that, i had high hopes although they were tempered by our history as a franchise, but still getting kicked in the nuts year after year gets old

OP
OP
azsouthendzone

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
none that i can think of, but the lingering hope that some year it will be our turn to stun the world keeps us all coming back, but admittedly its getting harder i've been hanging on for thirty years and the 98 season is the better part of a decade ago,

i need something fellas, i need playoffs something to give me hope and to know that i'm not just a sucker, i fear we are in the midst of a major losing streak, i don't see us winning another game until atlanta, beating them and st louis will put us at 5 and 11
i don't know how i can recover from that, i had high hopes although they were tempered by our history as a franchise, but still getting kicked in the nuts year after year gets old

Well said. My feelings are exactly the same.

Stins

Rookie
Reaction score
I agree with "Rugby", I also live in New Jersey and its not only the property taxes, its the income taxes, sales taxes and especially business taxes. I wish I could move all my grand children with us so my wife would move to another state.

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Yes living in CT. They tax you out the butt, then tax your poop ontop of it for good measure. At least we have kickass college football and basketball teams!

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Az, c'mon bro. Are multiple bytch threads really necessary?? Seriously, one per loss is all that's necessary. After the first sick of this s*** post, you can complain, but bring something to the table fam. It comes off as whiny, and I know you're not like that.

Last edited:

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Yes living in CT. They tax you out the butt, then tax your poop ontop of it for good measure. At least we have kickass college football and basketball teams!

Born and raised in Greenwich... I know of what you speak buddy and don't miss it at all!!!

OP
OP
azsouthendzone

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Az, c'mon bro. Are multiple bytch threads really necessary?? Seriously, one per loss is all that's necessary. After the first sick of this s*** post, you can complain, but bring something to the table fam. It comes off as whiny, and I know you're not like that.

as the season drags on I am becoming like that:D

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
as the season drags on I am becoming like that:D

Hey az. I agree man, believe me. I've been a little punk around this house, (My wife is a Bucs fan, and I had to sit thru that crap with her right there the whole game) but I've learned to stay away from the boards for a day or so after L's. I just can't take it. I just don't wanna see my bredren blow a gasket. :wink2:

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Aww - the annual rights of a Cardinal fan:

Off season optimism - Then full on kool aid chugging as we hear about guys tearing it up in training camp - Then comes denial as they continue to give away games at the beginning of the season - then reality sets in (Surprise! Its the same ol' cardinals) - then around game 10 its "where are we going to be drafting?" then as Dj says - wash-rinse-repeat.

I for one think things are getting better and will continue to get better. I believe in Wiz and yes i still believe in Matt. Those who truly follow the NFL realize those two key pieces are what really dictates success.

I also think we have no chance at the playoffs because of the human turnover being the current QB of our team.

Listen guys - lets just cut this off at the balls before all the incessent whining becomes too much.

You are a Cardinals fan. This is what you signed up for. You are going to watch the NFL anyway and can you really see yourself following another team as fereverently as you follow these boys? Probably not. And then when they finally DO win (whether thats 2008 or 2036 who knows?) you will feel like you cheated yourself for giving up.

I get like this too and you know what I do? I just get away from the message board and become apathetic. Once we get to the midpoint and the team is just beyond pathetic, I stop attending games, watching the game casts and coming to the board until they give me a reason to have hope for that season. Thats my mini protest.

Then come off season - I forget all the apathy and pain I felt the season before and get right back on the train. I'm not giving up on 2007 yet and unless Warner just completely implodes I don't see it happening this season as Wiz will keep us in most games.

But seriously AZ - just take a break from the team if you have to. Your not stupid - your just a loyal fan. Thats a good thing.

And cut out all the "im on the ledge" threads. We're all up there with you.;)

Last edited:

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
New Jersey property taxes.

It is so much worse that it is an indiscribable deep seeded hated toward the state that I live in (and no I do not want to live here but you gotta make comprimises).

At least when I turn on the TV the Cardinals have a football team out on the field. They annually suck eggs but they are physically there.

NJ property tax ? I haven't seen jack from what I pay. And it is A LOT!

:lmao: I moved out from the East Coast almost 30 years ago at the ripe age of 20 when I saw what my folks were actually paying THEN. It was a good move overall.

Reaction score
Mistress Dominique comes to mind, but since this is a PG board, I can't go into any of the details.

JTS
Crazy Canuck said:
Marriage...
Reading this thread is like being a Cardinals fan...

You have to wade through a whole lot of crap, but when it seems to be at it's lowest a couple of gems turn up! :clapping:

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
I agree with "Rugby", I also live in New Jersey and its not only the property taxes, its the income taxes, sales taxes and especially business taxes. I wish I could move all my grand children with us so my wife would move to another state.

Roger that

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Off season optimism - Then full on kool aid chugging as we hear about guys tearing it up in training camp - Then comes denial as they continue to give away games at the beginning of the season - then reality sets in (Surprise! Its the same ol' cardinals) - then around game 10 its "where are we going to be drafting?" then as Dj says - wash-rinse-repeat.

Good one. Here is my Cardinals Calender, learn it.....love it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
My meltdown already happen with no yelling or screaming. I watched last week as "The same ol' Cardinals" took the field, and did the same ol' crapola.

So I went back to my roots as a Cardinals fan and broke out the standard procedure. As seen below:

Jan.-Feb.: Watch the playoffs and wish the Cardinals could make it there

March: Read about Free Agency, and listen to the annuall Graves speech about how we don't need a top of the line free agent and we are going to get mid-level guys to fill in spots. Translated as: Eventhough this team annually sucks eggs, we are not going to do what it takes to improve it.

April: Watch front office screw up yet another draft for the 50th year in a row.

May: Listen to the annuall we are waiting for June 1st cuts speech.

June: Get excited for camp, and fill yourself with false hope since you are so desparate to enjoy just one Cardinals football season regardless of the fact you know deep inside they suck.

July: Listen to the new coach, and new system say how things are comming together, and about the "talent" level this squad has.

August: Waiting for the annual "The Cardinals are going to turn the corner this year" from the sports writers. And the standard Michael Bidwill "This is not your same ol' Cardinals" speech.

September: Watch the first four games. Usually come out 2-2 with 2 miraculous loses that defy logic, physics, and could not be better written in Hollywood.

October: Watch the team go about 1-3 with one or two huge blowout losses that demoralizes the team in a whole.

November: Watch the team go 0-4 and pack it in for the season by week eight, leaving the fans to talk about next year, and new players in free agency (that the team won't sign anyway), and the draft class (that the front office will screw up anyway)

Decemeber: Watch the team go 3-1 to ensure we never get a good draft spot and to give a little hope towards next season, cause you have to have hope in order to smash it into tiny, isty, bitsy pieces the following October.

Then repeat.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Let's not annoint Uconn football as kickass just yet. You are 1 fake fair catch away from being forgotten as usual....... ;)

We've got middle of their conference Division II teams here in Texas that could run the table in the Big East.

:D

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
We've got middle of their conference Division II teams here in Texas that could run the table in the Big East.

:D

Ah, here comes the Texas smack. C'mon, WVU would probably beat the Longhorns by at least 20 points.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Ah, here comes the Texas smack. C'mon, WVU would probably beat the Longhorns by at least 20 points.

No way. They might get ahead by 20 but then they'd lose as the Horns scored 31 in the fourth quarter.

BTW: Who drew up WVU's schedule? The guys at Ohio State? We've got Jr.Colleges in Texas that play harder schedules than that.