its official

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It shouldn't really matter what the reason either Horry or Raja had for their actions. They both did something that was uncalled for and unnecessary. Neither player should have been cheered by their home fans for what they did. And they both got justifiably suspended for their actions.

It does matter, Suns fans thought Kobe deserved what happened to him because the league wouldn't take any action against Kobe. Nash did nothing to deserve being body checked into the scorers table in a game that was essentially over.

devilfan02

Registered
Reaction score
bko still can't handle the fact that we completely own his useless "team." Once your team is out, shut your trap. Loser

Brian

PANEM ET CIRCENSES
Reaction score
It shouldn't really matter what the reason either Horry or Raja had for their actions. They both did something that was uncalled for and unnecessary. Neither player should have been cheered by their home fans for what they did. And they both got justifiably suspended for their actions.

Go away.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I look at it this way:

- Stoudemire and Diaw know the rules. Everyone does. In a situation like that, you have to keep your thinking cap on. It's Stoud's and Diaw's fault, regardless how the whole thing was set up.

- Stern is just being consistent.

msdundee

Registered
Reaction score
As much as this stinks, the Suns need to keep their cool tomorrow and play their game to the best of their ability. It looks like the NBA decided to make an example about 2 games too late.

I have no doubts that any retaliation on the Suns part will be met with an even harsher response.

Agreed 100%. And once again, a lot depends on the stance taken by the officials tomorrow and I'm sure they'll be advised to call this one tight. It would be logical to expect them to also be very alert to any further Spurs "moves" but we learned today that expecting such equity is a waste of time.

Even the writers who felt the Suns suspensions were warranted recognized the situation for what it was, and most admitted it was a dirty shame that Horry's cheap shot would likely carry such consequences. That being the case, it wouldn't surprise me if the Spurs came into this one on their best "who me?" behavior and sporting halos.

In the end, the very sweetest revenge of all would be to take Game 5, and even without Amare and Diaw it's entirely possible. The Spurs will come in strutting and pretty sure of a win, but they're looking at a team with even more motivation to play to their absolute best -- at home -- with a crowd that's fired up, close to berserk with anger, and right behind them on every play.

Sure wish I could be there!

Heucrazy

Pretty Prince of Parties
Reaction score
Just like how Suns fans cheered for Raja last year when he clotheslined Kobe and threw him to the ground. Yeah, Suns fans are real class acts.

Kobe is a rapist. Any physical abuse he takes should be cheered by all.

bko32

Registered
Reaction score
i will say this again since no one seems to have read my other post

I BELIEVE THE SUNS WILL STILL WIN THIS SERIES IN 7 GAMES!!!

They just completed a great comeback against the Spurs in SA. They have no reason to believe that they can't do it again in game 6.

I see the Suns losing game 5, then beating SA in game 6 in a close game and then I see the Suns blowing the Spurs out in game 7 in Phoenix.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
I'm surprised people were actually expecting a different outcome. Amare was never going to get the benefit of the doubt after he led the NBA in technicals this season. The Diaw suspension was a bit more curious.

sunsfn

Reaction score
I look at it this way:

- Stoudemire and Diaw know the rules. Everyone does. In a situation like that, you have to keep your thinking cap on. It's Stoud's and Diaw's fault, regardless how the whole thing was set up.

- Stern is just being consistent.

Oh for ......... not you too!! :mad:

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
because there was no altercation - therefore he didn't break this rule

True but he was going on the court as a pre-emptive measure in case there was one. He wants to get in a fight before it happens, yet nothing.

Amare and Diaw are on the court when "an altercation" begins (I really even have a hard time calling it that since only chickenshit Horry was the only one that threw an elbow) and they are punished for it.

The fact that the league was too scared to even suspend Horry for the rest of the series after the cheapshot on Nash and then elbowing Raja says a hell of a lot to me. The NBA is officially dead to me, I've had it. They reward thugs way too damn often

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I'm surprised people were actually expecting a different outcome. Amare was never going to get the benefit of the doubt after he led the NBA in technicals this season. The Diaw suspension was a bit more curious.

There is also video proof that there is more to this than what they are being suspended for, like Amare standing before the play ever happened, and Amare being on the court before there was any "altercation". That's a documented fact that for some reason the NBA doesn't seem to need to address.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
you can't blame horry for what amare and diaw did. amare and diaw were the ones stupid enough to leave the bench area. horry gave nash a cheap shot and deserved to be suspended, but amare and diaw brought this upon themselves. if they would have restrained themselves like the rest of the suns bench players, they wouldn't be in this predicament.

FOR THE LAST TIME. WHAT THEY DID WAS NOT STUPID. THEY WERE CONCERNED FOR THEIR TEAMMATE AND INSTINCTIVELY MOVED TOWARD HIM AND STOPPED WHEN THEY SAW A CONFLICT BEGINNING.

THE ONLY THINGS STUPID HERE ARE THE RULE AND THE WAY IN WHICH IT WAS APPLIED.

devilfan02

Registered
Reaction score

I can see your viewpoint on Amare and his T's, I was worried about that myself. Diaw was right next to him so Stern felt he had to jack him too.

Whats curious to me is how in the hell did Bowen and Duncan not get in any trouble?????? Duncan made it a hell of a lot closer to where the problem was at the time then Amare and Diaw did. Makes me sick

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There is also video proof that there is more to this than what they are being suspended for, like Amare standing before the play ever happened, and Amare being on the court before there was any "altercation". That's a documented fact that for some reason the NBA doesn't seem to need to address.

Colangelo was on KTAR just now, and said he has been arguing with the league office all day. He mentioned almost everything we have discussed here including the Duncan on the court episode. In the end they would just not hear it.

He said Stern would not talk to him.

Suns fans should boo Stern for the rest of his life. When he present us the Larry O'Brian trophy, we should be booing him.

Tom777

Reaction score
I'm new to the forum. I post over on AZcardinals.com and I just found out from someone over there that you guys were here.

I HAD to find some board where I could talk with other Suns fans about this suspension.

It's so completely unfair that it's not even funny. The spurs got a 2 for 1 in this foul. They got to take ANOTHER CHEAP SHOT on Nash and they got 2 of our starters out. It's unreal that Stern refused to make a judgement call in this case.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm new to the forum. I post over on AZcardinals.com and I just found out from someone over there that you guys were here.

I HAD to find some board where I could talk with other Suns fans about this suspension.

It's so completely unfair that it's not even funny. The spurs got a 2 for 1 in this foul. They got to take ANOTHER CHEAP SHOT on Nash and they got 2 of our starters out. It's unreal that Stern refused to make a judgement call in this case.

Welcome Tom. You should stick around. This is the best board around for all Arizona Sports.

I am numb right now. I expect to be angry soon.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Anyone else want to go and sell golf balls outside the arena tomorrow.

bko32

Registered
Reaction score
FOR THE LAST TIME. WHAT THEY DID WAS NOT STUPID. THEY WERE CONCERNED FOR THEIR TEAMMATE AND INSTINCTIVELY MOVED TOWARD HIM AND STOPPED WHEN THEY SAW A CONFLICT BEGINNING.

You're right, helping your teammate isn't stupid. But the way Amare and Diaw reacted left their actions open to interpretation. The coaches and trainers were already headed towards Nash to see if he was okay. What exactly was Amare or Diaw going to do to help the situation? It's unfortunate that they got suspended for what really amounted to nothing. But the NBA has a no tolerance rule for people leaving a bench during an altercation.

However, I still think the Suns will pull this series out in 7.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Colangelo was on KTAR just now, and said he has been arguing with the league office all day. He mentioned almost everything we have discussed here including the Duncan on the court episode. In the end they would just not hear it.

He said Stern would not talk to him.

Suns fans should boo Stern for the rest of his life. When he present us the Larry O'Brian trophy, we should be booing him.

I bet that Stern doesn't even come to Phoenix for another 5 years, unless he is forced to.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
True but he was going on the court as a pre-emptive measure in case there was one. He wants to get in a fight before it happens, yet nothing.

how do you know his intent?!

intent is always hard to decipher - which is part of the reason why the NBA has been so strict with this - if a fight did break out duncan would of been suspended - however nothing happened so he wasn't on the court during an altercation

the league doesn't care why you were there, how long you were there, the intent of your actions once there

if you are off the bench as a player "checked out" of the game during an altercation you're going to get suspended

i hope this leads to an offseason modification of the rule - but then again it isnt the first time this has hurt the team that got clipped more than the team that instigated it and there hasn't been a change yet

OP
OP
T

TheKid_1

Registered
Reaction score

Couldnt agree more with this. If anybody denies this they should make a poll and ask how many people jumped off their chairs when that happend to Nash, literally. I know I did, I felt like I was there and I could some how back him up.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score

Wow, that would be glorious. If by some miracle the Suns make it to the Finals, I will get tickets for Game 6 just for the possibility of being able to do that. And I don't even live in Phoenix.

ndjmc

Do or Do not.
Reaction score
If he reinstates Boris and Amare undermining Jacksons decision he would look like Santa Claus. Maybe its PR for him? Man I am an optomist.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
If he reinstates Boris and Amare undermining Jacksons decision he would look like Santa Claus. Maybe its PR for him? Man I am an optomist.

LOL. Something tells me Jackson ran the decision by Stern before announcing it.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05