its official

TucsonDevil

Good to be back!
Reaction score
Hey GreensBoroHill:

I see your post in 'spurstalk.com'... you are a class act... Stupid Clown.

Here is his post... just two words...
Yeah Boy!!!

btw, Chandler Mike, you said it was OK to vent... truth is, I have always felt that he was a stupid clown.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As much as this stinks, the Suns need to keep their cool tomorrow and play their game to the best of their ability. It looks like the NBA decided to make an example about 2 games too late.

I have no doubts that any retaliation on the Suns part will be met with an even harsher response.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Something that hasn't been touched upon...

I hope that the Player's Union does what it's supposed to do and goes to the defense of Amare and Boris and files it's own grievance against the League.

Eastern_Sun

Reaction score
The thing that really sucks is that the refs are gonna be all over everybody during game 5. I bet they call every little thing because they are looking for retalliation from the Suns.

Errr.

so what? the suns are probably going to lose the game anyways. they just need to make the fouls hurt to make their point.

devilfan02

Registered
Reaction score
For all of you lucky enough to go to the game tomorrow-

BE LOUD AS HELL!!!!

Make the Spurs experience here a living hell. Those cheap shot pieces of trash don't belong on the same court. Be as loud and as nasty as you can be.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Since Chandler Mike is giving us some space...

Spurs - You are cheats.

I had hoped nobody but Horry would be suspended but the Spurs didn't cheat.

They are playing rough and Amare being immature broke a rule. It's not the Spurs fault, it is not David Stern's, it is Amare's fault.

Duncan was not suspended because the Elson situation was not an "altercation".

I really wanted the Suns at full strength because the Spurs were going to win anyway...now it's just another reason to make excuses.

LakeShowMan

Registered
Reaction score
What a horribly unfair decision. I don't understand for the life of me why the NBA makes the decisions they do. A neutral fan (which I consider myself in this instance) can really draw the conclusion that they NBA is trying to dictate who wins.

Did the Suns at least send the tape of Bowen and Duncan on the court?

More importantly, what dirt does the Spurs organization have on the NBA that they constantly get preferrential treatment on and off the court?

Cases in point-
1. A ref is unfair to Duncan and gets suspended for the rest of the season. A ref tosses both Baron and Stephen Jackson for the same thing (clapping/laughing sarcastically) in the Dallas-Golden State series, and nithing happens.

2. Kobe gets suspended twice for an 'unatural basketball act', yet Bruce 'Karate' Bowen can kick Amare and knee Nash in the family jewels and gets nothing but a flagrant 1.

3. The whole Spurs team complains about every call, and never gets T'd up. Any other team that questioned every call, and bitched and moaned as much as them wouldn't be able to finish agame because of ejections.

I could name plenty other instances, but I don't want to waste anymore bandwith.

Sorry fellas, you guys are getting screwed.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I don't remember ever being as enraged about a ruling by the NBA as I am right now.

frdbtr

Registered
Reaction score
I don't know why the NBA doesn't just cancel the rest of the playoffs and just hand the trophy to the Spurs. Just look at the evidence of the dirty play that they have been getting away with, not only with the refs but with the league offices after conclusive video of Bruce Bowen trying to trip Amare while he goes up for a dunk and kicking Nash in the groin. Where is the video of Tim Duncan walking onto the court during the second quarter? Yet all of this goes completely ignored. Robert Horry pulls an absolute dirty Rotten cheap foul on Steve Nash, Diaw and Amare run to the scorers table to see if he is OK and they get suspended. They were no where near the scramble that happened on the court. This is the biggest BS that I have ever heard.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
I want preplanned Burke's strong elbow swing hitting Duncan's mouth, nose, or eye socket. So hard that he has a concussion. Even better if he is crippled for the rest of his life.

Eastern_Sun

Reaction score
Here's the thing. ALL the pressure is now on the Spurs. Why? Because Game 6 is going to be a monumental game for us in that both Amare and Boris will be on a mission. Yes, even soft Boris. When Amare plays angry, look out.

If we win game 5 by some miracle, the series is ours, IMO. We will win in 6. If we LOSE game 5, then there will be a game 7 in Phoenix.

I agree! and that's why I think the suns as well as the fans at the game need to give the Spurs complete hell. Distract them from playing basketball and the suns have a chance!

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so what? the suns are probably going to lose the game anyways. they just need to make the fouls hurt to make their point.

The key word being probably. To this point, the refs have let some things go. I'm saying that NOTHING will be let go in game five. I suspect the refs will be looking for things and things that haven't been called during the first four games will definitely be called on Wednesday.

mavsfan1000

Reaction score
Horrible decision by Stern. The suns got a deep team but it's just unfair how Horry gets awarded for that cheap shot. Unbelievable! Justice was not served this time in the nba.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
the suns will need to focus in and overcome - they played well without amare last year - they are at home - they just need to play above the cheapness and do all they can to win tommorrow

i would rather watch these teams battle it out full strength

i have no love for the spurs

however, knowing the rule, the historical enforcement of it and what transpired you had to know this was going to happen unless the league changed their historical stance

they didn't change their actions - they enforced a tough rule to the letter of the law - amare and diaw sit

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The league has chosen to reward thuggery and punish self-control. The message sent is "once you are out, you might as well fight and make them pay."

This doesn't help anyone associated with the NBA except the Spurs.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
If one or more of the Spurs are not hurt coming out of game 5, i will be super pissed at Suns... Screw the championship, we need to take out players now.

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
Alright guys, let's win tomorrow.

Then see who's laughing.

Oh, and whoever it was that said things could get ugly tomorrow. I expect it to. The Suns will be pissed and I wouldn't be shocked to see more shoving and pushing and at some point (depending on how the game is going) some punches.

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I don't remember ever being as enraged about a ruling by the NBA as I am right now.

I think I'm one of the few people not willing to give up game 5. The human mind is a powerful thing. Just think of the anger, frustration, motivation that our players are feeling.

We won't be playing with any pressure tomorrow, just pure determination, we can channel that to a win. Keep the faith.

Btw, if we're about to lose the game, ignore everything I just said and chop block Tim Duncan's legs, I'm serious.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
The league has chosen to reward thuggery and punish self-control. The message sent is "once you are out, you might as well fight and make them pay."

This doesn't help anyone associated with the NBA except the Spurs.

if you do that you'll be sitting for a lot more than 1 game

in the leagues mind self control is staying on the bench or immediately moving back if you were roaming

Sundance

Registered
Reaction score
I don't get this shat. This stupid rule is upheld, but all of the hand-checking and shoving rules are unofficially suspended, becasue this is playoff basketball. I mean, really, wtf?

devilfan02

Registered
Reaction score

Dido. Everything that happened across the league yesterday and Stat and Diaw get suspeneded? No Duncan, Bowen, Richardson, Davis....... It's truly infuriating. The spurs and their ******** fans make me sick.

I love how the Spurs fans chant/boo at Amare for calling them dirty after he got kicked in the balls, his foot stepped on while trying to dunk, kicked in the achilles, Raja getting his rib cage hurt from Ginobli flopping, yet they cheer Horry off the court after he gets ejected from the game for sending someone half his height and weight into the stands and then throwing a elbow at another defensless player.

Real Class Acts. Losers

Eastern_Sun

Reaction score
The key word being probably. To this point, the refs have let some things go. I'm saying that NOTHING will be let go in game five. I suspect the refs will be looking for things and things that haven't been called during the first four games will definitely be called on Wednesday.

Then the Suns players need to use that the their advantage and try to draw as many fouls as they can on San Antonio's key players.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow I just tried to read some of Spurstalk.com. Stay classy San Antonio...

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
FORFEIT THE NEXT GAME. Coach should not let his guys suit up. Come out in collared shirts and pants. Sit on the bench until the refs call the game. Ratings gone.