its official

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FORFEIT THE NEXT GAME. Coach should not let his guys suit up. Come out in collared shirts and pants. Sit on the bench until the refs call the game. Ratings gone.

:thumbup:

ActingWild

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
At the opening tip off...Burke should kick Duncan in the jewels as hard as he can and put Duncan on the bench for the rest of the game...

Wow, I think that might be post of the week. I don't know if I'd laugh harder or cheer harder. Either way, I want to see it happen. Duncan jumps for the ball and Burke just full on racks 'em.

This is what the NBA is promoting and if they're going to let that type of play REWARD the team playing dirty, then that is what they're going to get.

My girlfriend and I just lucked into tickets for tomorrow's game. I've joked with her about making a sign with Stern "pleasuring" Popovich. (cleaned that up a bit).

Reaction score
So, the Spurs benefitied greatly by a thug move by Horry. I can imagine the laughter among Horry and his teammates right now. High 5's all around I'm sure. Too bad they didn't get what they really wanted, which is an injured Steve Nash. Guess we need to find a way to force the Spurs into playing "small ball"...

:thumbdown

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Btw, if we're about to lose the game, ignore everything I just said and chop block Tim Duncan's legs, I'm serious.

I've never advocated something like this IN MY LIFE, but *********, if this is way the NBA wants to play it, then freaking play it. I send Pat Burke in to roll Duncan's knees and let the suspensions for the Coach DA fly if they must.

I am HORRIFIED not that our guys were suspended, but that DUNCAN AND BOWEN WERE NOT.

I'm as close as I've ever been to turning off the NBA forever if we lose this series. There is seriously so much bile and hate inside my body, I don't know what to do with myself.

sharkman

Registered
Reaction score
the suns will need to focus in and overcome - they played well without amare last year - they are at home - they just need to play above the cheapness and do all they can to win tommorrow

i would rather watch these teams battle it out full strength

i have no love for the spurs

however, knowing the rule, the historical enforcement of it and what transpired you had to know this was going to happen unless the league changed their historical stance

they didn't change their actions - they enforced a tough rule to the letter of the law - amare and diaw sit

Sorry....I call BS.

1. Amare and Diaw got up immediately after Nash went down....BEFORE the "altercation"

2. Duncan comes on the court before an altercation could occur...and gets nothing

I'm done with the NBA. Gangsta hoopsta's, NY getting the magic ping pong ball for Ewing...the Spurs hitting paydirt...not once....but twice...for Duncan and Robinson...cheap shots all series by the spurs...

Someone has pictures of Stern with a goat.

devilfan02

Registered
Reaction score
I'm really eager to see what Sarver will say about this. He's not one to hold back so there should be some fireworks. Stern makes me sick

bko32

Registered
Reaction score
you can't blame horry for what amare and diaw did. amare and diaw were the ones stupid enough to leave the bench area. horry gave nash a cheap shot and deserved to be suspended, but amare and diaw brought this upon themselves. if they would have restrained themselves like the rest of the suns bench players, they wouldn't be in this predicament.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FORFEIT THE NEXT GAME. Coach should not let his guys suit up. Come out in collared shirts and pants. Sit on the bench until the refs call the game. Ratings gone.

You would be mostly hurting the very pissed off fans that will show up tomorrow to give the Spurs hell.

There is no way we should concede game 5. Chaplin is right, every ounce of pressure sits on the Spurs now.

bko32

Registered
Reaction score
I love how the Spurs fans chant/boo at Amare for calling them dirty after he got kicked in the balls, his foot stepped on while trying to dunk, kicked in the achilles, Raja getting his rib cage hurt from Ginobli flopping, yet they cheer Horry off the court after he gets ejected from the game for sending someone half his height and weight into the stands and then throwing a elbow at another defensless player.

Real Class Acts. Losers

Just like how Suns fans cheered for Raja last year when he clotheslined Kobe and threw him to the ground. Yeah, Suns fans are real class acts.

kps0001

Warriors Come Out And Plaaaay!
Reaction score

everyone in attendance should also keep their backs turned to the court the entire time. So sort of protest needs to happen but we still need to show the support to our team.

Damn...I must find tix to tomorrows game. It is my mission until tomorrow game time.

Billy Bob

Cardinals Fan
Reaction score
"Letter of the law", they wait 'til now to follow the letter of law in this series. does that mean the suns will get fair officiating in game 5? "letter of the law" :shrug:

LMAO.........

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
1. Amare and Diaw got up immediately after Nash went down....BEFORE the "altercation"

and then he stayed on the court during the altercation - his foot was on the court during it - by NBA rule he's suspended - the way they played it for a long time now

2. Duncan comes on the court before an altercation could occur...and gets nothing

because there was no altercation - therefore he didn't break this rule

F-Dog

lurker
Reaction score
Hard to blame the Spurs fans--they're just following the example set by their team. :lol:

bko32

Registered
Reaction score
Game 5 might be a disaster for the Suns, but they'll come back strong in games 6 & 7. I think this incident will bring the team even closer together and they will get it done in SA in game six and win the series at home in 7.

The Suns proved they can win in SA in the last game. I don't see why they won't be able to do it again in game 6.

ErikJoplin

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Blame the Suns, not the Rule

Wanna blame someone? Blame Stoudamire and Diaw. They've been in the league long enough to know the rule. Remember when the Knicks lost like 6 players to suspension for leaving the bench?

Amare wants to call himself a leader? He's a moron for putting his team in this terrible situation.

The rule has been there for a longtime. Don't blame the rule.

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Just like how Suns fans cheered for Raja last year when he clotheslined Kobe and threw him to the ground. Yeah, Suns fans are real class acts.

Raja's takedown was retalliation for elbows to the face, what was Horry retalliating about when he took Nash down? Go back to Lakerland if all you want to do is incite people here.

bko32

Registered
Reaction score
Wanna blame someone? Blame Stoudamire and Diaw. They've been in the league long enough to know the rule. Remember when the Knicks lost like 6 players to suspension for leaving the bench?

Amare wants to call himself a leader? He's a moron for putting his team in this terrible situation.

Amen. Horry didn't make Stoudamire and Diaw leave the bench. They did it to themselves.

devilfan02

Registered
Reaction score

Quit typing and get back to blowing Stern. San Antonio/LA and their fans make me SICK

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Amen. Horry didn't make Stoudamire and Diaw leave the bench. They did it to themselves.

After everything they did to us this series, seeing you're heart and soul get thrown into the boards, anyone with any passion or care is gonna at least see if steve wasnt murdered.

The rule worked, they held up and didnt get involved in the fracas, why a need to suspend.

bko32

Registered
Reaction score
Raja's takedown was retalliation for elbows to the face, what was Horry retalliating about when he took Nash down? Go back to Lakerland if all you want to do is incite people here.

It shouldn't really matter what the reason either Horry or Raja had for their actions. They both did something that was uncalled for and unnecessary. Neither player should have been cheered by their home fans for what they did. And they both got justifiably suspended for their actions.

sunsfn

Reaction score

Would you and bk032, migrating bird and the laker fans just leave for a while and tell your story to someone who cares!!:bang: :mad:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05