Iverson asks to be traded

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Actually, if Portland is willing to take on Dalembert, it becomes pretty easy.

Portland gets
Allen Iverson ($18.2 million, 2009)
Samuel Dalembert (8.8, 2011)

Philadelphia gets
Raef LaFrentz (10.9, 2009)
Jamaal Magloire (8.3, 2007)
Darius Miles (7.8, 2010)
Sergio Rodriguez (0.9, team options 2009, 2010)
picks

Philadelphia takes on some bad contracts, but at least they get away from Dalembert, and Miles could have some value if he ever gets healthy. They're screwed until summer 2008 anyway because of Webber.

Diamondback Jay

Psalms 23:1
Reaction score
He's a piece of **** who donates countless hours and money to the less fortunate and inner city youth, but asks to keep it relatively quiet because he's not a phony who needs the spotlight on them constantly like some athletes.

Oh, and that piece of **** paid for every dime of a young man's funeral who was shot because he refused to give up his Iverson jersey.

Iverson may have the thuggish look, but I'll tell you this much, I'd take that "piece of ****" over 99 percent of these phony bastards who preach God and turn around and act completely opposite of how they talk.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I keep wondering if the Suns could get into the action in a three team trade and get a PG (not Iverson). The Suns might be able to use a pick and a player to get in on the action. The only thing is that Philly would be looking for a PG as well. I don't this is realistic but I enjoy trades. :)

hawaiiansun

Registered
Reaction score
Alright now I hope Louis Williams comes back from the D-League where I think he is now and gets some PT. I always liked louis and thought he was an excellent player, go Lou-Will!

tobiazz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Iverson may have the thuggish look, but I'll tell you this much, I'd take that "piece of ****" over 99 percent of these phony bastards who preach God and turn around and act completely opposite of how they talk.

I love AI. He should go to MINN and be part of the most intense on-the-court tandem in the NBA.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Seems to me that the team Iverson could help the most would be Chicago. He would provide the "go to" guy they have been lacking. But Iverson's personality in Chicago--the Land of Ditka and Butkus--hard to imagine.

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I saw jim gray on espn say iverson wanted to play in minnesota because he talked to him.

What I didnt see is that apparently jim gray was talking to an imposter, and had to come back and apologize. Somebody better put this video up on youtube.

Espo

Lets Go Suns
Reaction score
Anyone wanna tell me why this deal couldn't work for Phoenix?

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2166~510~366&teams=20~20~21

Iverson for Marion and Barbosa
This doesn't work because you lose two of the most versatile players in the NBA for a guy who is basically a little better version of Marbury. There is no way that AI and Nash would work together and it would screw up the rotation of players.

I saw jim gray on espn say iverson wanted to play in minnesota because he talked to him.

What I didnt see is that apparently jim gray was talking to an imposter, and had to come back and apologize. Somebody better put this video up on youtube.
Does it surprise anyone that Jim Gray would some how screw up. He probably badgered the imposter as to where he wanted to go the same way he man handled Pete Rose.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Uhm, it was hilarious.

"I was duped"

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Jim Gray, lmao. He has become a walking punch line. I can almost guarantee that the Iverson imposter thought to himself, "Okay, who is lame enough to fall for this?"

Espo

Lets Go Suns
Reaction score
Jim Gray, lmao. He has become a walking punch line. I can almost guarantee that the Iverson imposter thought to himself, "Okay, who is lame enough to fall for this?"

I can't wait to see what the guy looks like. I really hope he's like 5' 5".

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If nothing else works, Iverson for Marbury and Nate Robinson. I think it works.

So does Marbury/Curry/Lee for Iverson/Dalembert

Last edited:

scotsman13

Reaction score
How do you figure that out? Considering he is one of the most caring players off the court and does quite a lot of charity stuff?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=kreidler_mark&id=2665001

yea he is one of the most caring players off the court like the time he went looking for his wife at a friends house after they had had a fight with a gun sticking out of his pants. how about his prison time? or his gang of homies that follow him around like a lost puppy.

OP
OP
slinslin

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
yea he is one of the most caring players off the court like the time he went looking for his wife at a friends house after they had had a fight with a gun sticking out of his pants. how about his prison time? or his gang of homies that follow him around like a lost puppy.

1. He didnt beat his wife at all.

2. Yeah he knows gang members, but he never ever was involved with any of that.

3. If you have such an ignorant opinion about people I wonder how you can possibly support Amare on this team.

CaptainInsano

Reaction score
I just heard Atlanta is interessted. Can't let him go to the Hawks.

He is going to want to try to compete for a championship so I highly doubt the hawks get him.

Joe likes to score 30 a night there is no way both allen and Joe johnson could co-exist.