Iverson asks to be traded

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
ESPN just reported SAC is number 1 in the running for AI, pair Bibby and Webber up again in Philly, that would be funny.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
ESPN just reported SAC is number 1 in the running for AI, pair Bibby and Webber up again in Philly, that would be funny.

AI and Artest on the same team? Sacramento will be the the new Portland as far as punks go. They should add Stephen Jackson to the mix. Perhaps Sprewell.

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
AI and Artest on the same team? Sacramento will be the the new Portland as far as punks go. They should add Stephen Jackson to the mix. Perhaps Sprewell.

Artest and AI, both play with 100% Heart, I love Artest Defensive game and AI single handedly carried the olympic team he was on a couple years ago, he was the only one that cared about repping his Country. I'm big fan of Artest, AI and Jackson.

Louis

DJ Roomba
Reaction score
Winning Friends and Influencing the People in My H

And Screamin' A Smith in the broadcast booth. Bobby Knight coach. Antonio Davis' wife as a cheerleader. Michael Irvin as a racial harmony consultant. TO as a party coordinator.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Artest and AI, both play with 100% Heart, I love Artest Defensive game and AI single handedly carried the olympic team he was on a couple years ago, he was the only one that cared about repping his Country. I'm big fan of Artest, AI and Jackson.

You mean the first U.S. team that failed to win gold in the Olympics for the first time in decades. All three represent what is wrong with the NBA. I wouldn't want any of them on the Suns. AI may play with 100% during games but doesn't think practice is important and makes light of it. Practice is vital to winning.

Artest is a thug who cares more about his crappy rapping career then he does about winning. You can't deny that he is short a few screws and a locker room cancer. Give him time in Sac and he will self destruct there as well.

Jackson isn't even that good. He's just a thug as well, that is in continual trouble with the Pacers.

I will give you that Artest and AI are incredibly talented, and if they had a fraction of the dedication and intelligence that Nash has they would be unbelievable players.

Last edited:

SactownSunsFan

Welcome to the Age of Ayton
Reaction score
Man what I would give to see the Knicks trade for AI without having to give up Starbury or Stevie Franchise. Could you imagine those three on the court at the same time together? There wouldn't be enough basketballs to go around come lay-up drills, let alone gametime!

HooverDam

Reaction score
I hope he goes to Boston, they've been down for so long, it would be nice to see them given some hope. Him and Pierce though, would probably have a tough time sharing the ball.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I hope he goes to Boston, they've been down for so long, it would be nice to see them given some hope. Him and Pierce though, would probably have a tough time sharing the ball.

Boston can lose forever and it would be fair with all of the banners they have hanging in the rafters. I won't feel bad for any team until the Suns hang one in the rafters.

HooverDam

Reaction score
^I sort of feel that big market teams like the Knicks and Celtics being good helps the league. It gets a big city involved, more people following a team, etc.

Don't get me wrong though, I love seeing small markets do well too. I'd love to see a team like the Bucks go deep in the playoffs.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It just seems to make sense for him to go to the Knicks. His soap opera is tailor made for that town. Plus there are some easy contracts to make a deal.

AI and Dalembert for Steph and Curry or Francis and the BigFella from AZ.

AI would electrify NYC.

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Supposedly 76ers were going go trade him to the Bobcats, but he didn't like the idea so the deal fell apart.

The Sixers, according to a source, were close to sending Iverson to the Charlotte Bobcats for a package of players Monday afternoon. But Iverson indicated his displeasure with being sent to the Bobcats--the league's newest team, having begun play in 2004--and the deal died, the source said.

Iverson asked to be traded last week, and a source indicated that he didn't care where he was sent. But that apparently did not extend to the Bobcats.
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune...ec12,1,4569085.story?coll=cs-basketball-print

jibikao

Reaction score
Any idea yet?

I've read a few rumors and he is going to Kings?

HooverDam

Reaction score
Damn it, AI being shipped to the Bobcats would've been so damned funny. His stupid ass all covered in tats in those heinous orange and teal unis, with the clip art cat logo. Sad thing is, the East is so weak, he would've probably brought the Bobcats to the playoffs.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Iverson, Okeafor, Morrison. That would be a nice little trio to build around.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
morrison sucks, he's like kyle korver with confidence

Divide Et Impera

Reaction score
Iverson continues to prove what a punk b*tch he is. He demands a trade and then proceeds to veto CHA, GSW and SAC. Rumor has it that he wants MIN or BOS, but MIN has no picks to trade and BOS is a division rival. Mark Cuban has already stated that he does not wish to trade for Iverson, but Punkerson would probably veto that anyways. He is such a damned baby....

OP
OP
slinslin

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
lol..

why would he demand a trade if they are going to send him to another crap team... He only vetoed Charlotte.. They are worse than Philly.

Divide Et Impera

Reaction score
What are the chances that DET looks back into getting Iverson like they did 5-6 years ago?

Billups/McDyess/D. Davis for Iverson works.

DET ends up with Iverson-Hamilton-Prince-Wallace-Mohammed as their starting lineup and PHI ends up with Billups-Iguodala-Korver-Webber-Dalembert as their starters. PHI gets 2 expiring contracts (McD and Davis), which is what they want. PHI gets a much better player than Billups, who is no slouch....

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What are the chances that DET looks back into getting Iverson like they did 5-6 years ago?

Billups/McDyess/D. Davis for Iverson works.

DET ends up with Iverson-Hamilton-Prince-Wallace-Mohammed as their starting lineup and PHI ends up with Billups-Iguodala-Korver-Webber-Dalembert as their starters. PHI gets 2 expiring contracts (McD and Davis), which is what they want. PHI gets a much better player than Billups, who is no slouch....

If I'm Philly I want to go for youth and picks. I don't think the above trade does much for them. One possibility involving the Clips is Livingston, Maggette and a pick for Iverson. Some filler might be needed. Maggette and Iguodala might be redundant though.

Livingston-Iguodala-Maggette-Webber-Dalembert looks decent and gives them a future.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Adam Morrison's mustache thing creeps me out.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Iverson continues to prove what a punk b*tch he is. He demands a trade and then proceeds to veto CHA, GSW and SAC. Rumor has it that he wants MIN or BOS, but MIN has no picks to trade and BOS is a division rival. Mark Cuban has already stated that he does not wish to trade for Iverson, but Punkerson would probably veto that anyways. He is such a damned baby....

Seeds, not true fam! He didn't veto any of thiose in as much as they backed out.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2695147

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It looks like Allen Iverson is going to be a Denver Nugget.

Philadelphia's divorce proceedings with Allen Iverson roll into Thursday with only slightly more clarity than they had when the week opened. GM Billy King is still weighing offers, allowing the rumor mill to continue churning.

Sources told CBS SportsLine.com that a three-team deal involving Denver and Chicago has been discussed. The transaction would send Marcus Camby to the Bulls and Iverson to the Nuggets, and the 76ers would receive the combination of expiring contracts and draft picks they originally craved.

Another NBA source said Denver was "open for business," meaning that everyone not named Carmelo Anthony is on the table.

If betting odds were posted Thursday morning, the Nuggets would be the favorite to land Iverson -- but either Camby or Nene would have to be a part of any such trade, compromising some of Denver's frontcourt depth.
http://www.sportsline.com/nba/story/9870694

Denver pitches three-way trade for idle Iverson
By David Aldridge
Inquirer Staff Writer

Yesterday's installment of the Allen Iverson trade saga had the Denver Nuggets exploring an alternate way to obtain the 76ers' all-star guard, and the Golden State Warriors taking a step back and perhaps getting ready to drop out.

A source said yesterday that the Nuggets might be trying to involve a third team, the Portland Trail Blazers, in the deal. The proposed trade would send forward Nene to the Trail Blazers, who then would ship center Jamaal Magloire to the Sixers.

The Nuggets would send another player, possibly former Sixer Joe Smith, to the Sixers, and the Sixers would direct Iverson to Denver.

Magloire and Smith would give Sixers general manager Billy King what he wants: contracts in their last season. The 6-foot-11 Magloire, in his seventh NBA season, is making $8.3 million. Smith, a former No. 1 overall pick, is making $6.8 million.

Nene is making $10 million in the first year of a five-year contract, but as a base-year player, the Nuggets can take back only $6.35 million in salary.
http://www.philly.com/mld/inquirer/sports/16233953.htm