Josh Okogie gets paid-re-signs with suns

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
Great contract for the Suns, and obviously great for Okogie. Not a huge fan of Okogie, but I love the potential of his contract. It has the potential of being a very valuable trade chip with the second year not guaranteed.

Last edited:

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Matt Ishbia is just flexing at this point.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dude is sitting somewhere between #10 & 12 for playing time.... this is nothing but a trade bait deal.
Probably true. And if so, they had to structure the contract so it would work with for an intended trade target. James Jones scouts the league more than he does rookies. It would be interesting to see who he is thinking about.

JerkFace

Reaction score
What’s great about the contract is that it is not only incredible trade bait at the trade deadline, but it is great bait around the draft since the second year has zero guarantees.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
What’s great about the contract is that it is not only incredible trade bait at the trade deadline, but it is great bait around the draft since the second year has zero guarantees.
That's a great point. He's going to be useful for some team trying to get under the tax or under one of the aprons.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
Nice. Happy for Okogie. Hope he shows some progress from last season. He's had good moments the last couple of years but he has not established himself enough for regular minutes.

I guess Morris will get Gordon's minutes. Okogie must earn it with defence and being active on the boards. Yeah, that corner three would make the difference.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

That’s really overselling it. We can basically take a normal mid level contract back in return and a contender isn’t sending us a better player back. It’s solid signing for depth basically.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s really overselling it. We can basically take a normal mid level contract back in return and a contender isn’t sending us a better player back. It’s solid signing for depth basically.

It would have to be a team who has fallen out of contention.

If given a list of players making $8 million or less a season, I think I can find some players I like better than Okogie, Lee and Roddy.

JerkFace

Reaction score
What we did is created roster flexibility despite being behind the second apron and having pretty much all flexibility taken away from us. It also opens us up to potentially being able to get some more draft capital next offseason from a team looking to shed payroll. Late first round draft picks have been moved in the past for much less than 8 million in relief.

Last edited: