Jurecki just said Big isn't showing up for mini-camp

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
El Bridgo Crosso. Let's see what Skkorp is able to come up with.

Leonard strikes me as a good-intentioned but somewhat unsophisticated guy. One disturbing thought that crossed my mind is - Could Big remain p*ssed off that Mac (whom he seemed to really love) was let go?

EndZone

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Mrospi said:
My job makes everything else possible....as far as my living.... just like these guys..... family is the only thing that wins out vs my job

Mrospi said:
BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are getting paid to play football......unless there is a death in your family.... you better show up........everything else should be secondary..... maybe they should stop sending them their paychecks... see how fast they would show up then

Which one is it?

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
Wildman© said:
What if the "wedding plans" were made well before a new coach was hired? And what if these plans were already scheduled around other events? IMO, several on this board need to sit back and take a deep breath... a VERY DEEP BREATH...

Thanks. I needed that.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mrospi said:
Stringer's tradegy had more to do with the supplements he chose to take....people need to start taking responsibility for their actions and always looking for someone else to blame.......this country is turning into a bunch of victims instead of taking personal responsibility for their actions..

everyone thinks now.... who can I blame and sue..... it's sickening

His wife said he wasn't taking them, we don't really know one way or another.

There's no question he was partly to blame, also no question the Vikings medical staff and coaches failed to realize he was in trouble when there were signs he was long before they took him to the hospital.

The overriding reason it happened was the "run a tough camp" mentality the NFL pushes so hard. The rules are put in place to protect the players and to reduce injuries. Tough camp yes, violate league rules no is my take.

Mrospi

Reaction score
Endzone..... it matters on the situation......

Family is first in times of crisis.......but also... your career should be a very important part of your life....because especially in this case the players are being paid alot of money and should have an a sense of duty to their employer.

What I am saying.... it's excusable if it's an extremely important...life/death situation for your family.... or your wedding day.....

Otherwise you are getting paid a huge amount of money to play for the AZ cardinals...... schedule other issues around it

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Pariah said:
Right, and it sounds like the Big has some family-related things he needs to take care of. Without a wife, the family is not possible.

I'm willing to see what's up before I send him up the river. If he's just off laying on a beach somewhere, then I have no problems giving him hell (as long as it's over the internet, and not face-to-face!!)

i'd do it face-to-face. hopefully he'd go nuts and break my arm. then i'd sue the ever-loving-god outta him. all that cash AND i get to yell at his fat ass to get into camp!

Mrospi

Reaction score
By the way..... I feel bad for Kory & his family..... I just see it as his personal responsibilty on his health...... I wish it hadn't happened

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
Ouchie-Z-Clown said:
i'd do it face-to-face. hopefully he'd go nuts and break my arm. then i'd sue the ever-loving-god outta him. all that cash AND i get to yell at his fat ass to get into camp!

Hmmm....

And we wonder why this country needs tort reform!

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mrospi said:
By the way..... I feel bad for Kory & his family..... I just see it as his personal responsibilty on his health...... I wish it hadn't happened

Agreed. I'm all for tougher camps and better coaching than Mac ran of course I just don't like the idea of breaking CBA rules because he wants to be "tough".

I think Green was an excellent hire, I'm just concerned about things like breaking CBA rules.

jstadvl

R U gonna B My Girl
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I think

once again, we're not privy to the facts surrounding this latest debacle. We don't know what context Big's words were used in. Skkorp is going ot get Denny's rap on it, What's Bigs' rap on it? Let's get away from the "Mac" conspiracy thing. Time will tell and this craze too shall pass!

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Skkorpion said:
Mike also said a lot of linemen are upset at running 11 on 11 without pads when 11 on 11 in minicamp is not allowed by the CBA.

They are getting milllions of dollars to do it. So they should quit whinning like spoiled babies and do as they are told.

Utterly ridiculous! Only proffessional athelete's could be this shallow, and have such a skew'd perception of reality.

I think about 99% of us would smash each other over the heads with steel chairs for a million bucks. Let only do 11 on 11 drills with no pads.
:thumbup:

Reddog

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
40yearfan said:
Jurecki did say that Big is getting married either next weekend or the following weekend, not this weekend. Maybe his soon to be wife wouldn't let him go to camp this weekend. Can you say PW? :D

Thats no excuse. In th NFL you plan things like vacations and weddings around practices/mini camp etc. It may be more reflective of the old regime where he planned it before DG was hired and only having Mac as a reference had no sense of importance of the mini camp. Maybe thats giving him the BOTD but the alternative is he doesn't care which is not something I want to think about.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
RugbyMuffin said:
They are getting milllions of dollars to do it. So they should quit whinning like spoiled babies and do as they are told.

Utterly ridiculous! Only proffessional athelete's could be this shallow, and have such a skew'd perception of reality.

I think about 99% of us would smash each other over the heads with steel chairs for a million bucks. Let only do 11 on 11 drills with no pads.
:thumbup:

So what is the top salary one can make before one forfeits the right to expect an employer to abide by mutually agreed upon rules of employment?

cardsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
He should have planned around this. Yeah many of us have jobs where we can take time off but this job is isn't for the whole year!!! He could have scheduled it for another time! Big is wrong on this one unless someone important died. Marriage is not one of the excuses. Wedding planners can be changed and he shouldn't have planned this during minicamps anyways.

lrk27

Veteran
Reaction score
Leonard was not at practice because of a personal issue with a family member. He's not getting married for another two weeks.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Leonard was not at practice because of a personal issue with a family member. He's not getting married for another two weeks.
Sounds logical, but are you merely assuming the language in the Cardinal press release means that it's an issue with a family member or do you know something more definite?

Also, do we know you? (Your tag is an unfamiliar one). What's your source for this info?

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
JeffGollin said:
Sounds logical, but are you merely assuming the language in the Cardinal press release means that it's an issue with a family member or do you know something more definite?

Also, do we know you? (Your tag is an unfamiliar one). What's your source for this info?[/COLOR]

lrk27 has got some good info.

maddogkf

You think KFCs still open
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sun Devil Stadium, Sect 27, Row 34, Seat 8
JeffGollin said:

Also, do we know you? (Your tag is an unfamiliar one). What's your source for this info?
He's Luke Kohler from sports radio xtra910 here - he does alot of their field reporting :thumbup:

http://www.xtra910.com/lukekohler.html

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
WizardOfAz said:
I understand Coach Green is trying to instill a new attitude, but why would he push the envelope so much?

Your kidding...right?

This is what this team needs and has needed for many years. Coach Green didn't take over a storied franchise with Lombardi trophy's lining the hallway.

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is an accurate statement Jeff, see Jo's report. Actaully it's just about word for word what Green said.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
You really have to know the details to judge but my best idea at this point is trade his ass.

I think he did it on purpose because the dude has less than a stellar committment level IMO. Family does come first in true emergencies but if no one is actually in the hospital with concrete proof that his presence is required it is bogus.

He has value, use it now and be done with it.

It's just God's way of saying Gallery.

Last edited: