KG traded to Celtics...

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have no doubt that the Wolves asked about Amare, so obviously there was discussion. I'm also sure that one of the objections the Suns gave had to do with laving him in the conference, which is why they tried to rope in the Hawks.

The only question is whether the Suns explicitly offered Amare. For McHale to turn down Amare, there had to be an offer from the Suns on the table. Nothing has been said that suggests there actually was one.

The question is not whether the Wolves prefered to get Jefferson, I think Joe is right. Jefferson is much cheaper, does not have a history of injuries, and may be easier to get along with. But the article went further and said McHale rejected the Amare "offer", presumably holding out for Jefferson. I don't buy it.

Let's put it this way. I believe the talks including Amare went both ways. I don't believe that the Phoenix Suns immediately shot down any and all talks of trading Amare Stoudemire. I also believe it's entirely possible that McHale had the choice between a deal with the Celtics involving Jefferson and a deal with the Phoenix Suns including Amare Stoudemire, and he thought the prior was a better deal for their team.

Joe Mama

azirish

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Let's put it this way. I believe the talks including Amare went both ways. I don't believe that the Phoenix Suns immediately shot down any and all talks of trading Amare Stoudemire. I also believe it's entirely possible that McHale had the choice between a deal with the Celtics involving Jefferson and a deal with the Phoenix Suns including Amare Stoudemire, and he thought the prior was a better deal for their team.

Joe Mama

I guess it is all about shading. Unless you say "absolutely positiviely no" then he's on the table, but that is different than saying the Suns made an offer which McHale turned down.

Much of negotiations are about who makes the first move and presents a coherent offer. We know the Suns offered Marion which McHale turned. There is no evidence that the Suns OFFERED Steoudemire, but probably never took him off the table completely.

In any case, the whole story seems strange. If the Wolves REFUSED an offer of Stoudemire, then why was there even any discussion?

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess it is all about shading. Unless you say "absolutely positiviely no" then he's on the table, but that is different than saying the Suns made an offer which McHale turned down.

Much of negotiations are about who makes the first move and presents a coherent offer. We know the Suns offered Marion which McHale turned. There is no evidence that the Suns OFFERED Steoudemire, but probably never took him off the table completely.

In any case, the whole story seems strange. If the Wolves REFUSED an offer of Stoudemire, then why was there even any discussion?

Evidence? How about half the national media reporting that their sources were telling them that the Phoenix Suns were discussing Amare Stoudemire in deals. I mean there isn't any more proof than that at the Phoenix Suns "offered" Shawn Marion. it's not like any of the Phoenix Suns from office came out and said that they tried to move Shawn Marion. It was all reported by the media as told to them by their sources.

And please don't tell me that Gambo and Coro know more than the national NBA guys about what's really happening. These guys might as well work for the Phoenix Suns. I'm sure they get some nice little nuggets, but I don't believe they report any information that the Phoenix Suns don't want you to know.

Joe

Sunsman44

The Sunsman Defense Team
Reaction score
The bridge collapsing over in Minnesota, just near where the Wolves play, is symbolic of what is happening to the Wolves with Kevin Garnet leaving.

The Wolves have collapsed. The bridge was a reminder at the cost of 7 lives.

My heartfelt condolences go out to the families of those 7 people and the Wolves for collapsing their franchise.

But hey, Kevin McHale was made to make the Celts better - no matter who is employer is...

cly2tw

Reaction score
Actually, the major reason that McHale would prefer Jefferson package to Amare is that it's unlikely that he could keep Amare after 3 years. It's not like they could contend for anything right away anyway. Besides, picks might have to go Suns way instead of Minn's, in a direct trade. So, with Jefferson, they have more flexibility and a lot less risk down the road.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05