KG traded to Celtics...

hafey

Registered
Reaction score
I tend to agree with you cheese, but I think you are wrong in this case. This trade makes the celtics a contender for the 2nd round, nothing more. The Celts have very little depth, poor PG play, and a horrible coach.

KG makes the Celtics much better, but he will once again have no help down low. There is no longer the dearth of bigmen there once was in the east.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
All 3 of their guys demand the ball, it will be interesting to see just how they all mesh together.

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
All 3 of their guys demand the ball, it will be interesting to see just how they all mesh together.

They have rajon rondo and gab pruitt running the point, those two will find a way to make it work.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
They have rajon rondo and gab pruitt running the point, those two will find a way to make it work.

I don't deny that is possible, but come on, Rondo hasn't proven anything and Pruitt is just a rookie. People are on here treating him like he's an all-star. I'm not sure if that's just bitterness that we could have had him or not.

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I don't deny that is possible, but come on, Rondo hasn't proven anything and Pruitt is just a rookie. People are on here treating him like he's an all-star. I'm not sure if that's just bitterness that we could have had him or not.

Come on man, sarcasm. I don't think a damn thing of rondo, dude may be the worst shooting pg in the entire league. He makes jaqcue vaughn look like mark price.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I still can't get over how cheaply KG went in trade... concerning return talent. Jefferson is okay, but Garnett is a monster now. IMO, when I have seen Jefferson play, he really didn't stand out as a dominant player now or one that I would project as a dominant player in the future. Sure he is a nice player but Jefferson and Garnett should not be mentioned in the same sentence. The rest of the trade seems like filler and expiring contracts.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I still can't get over how cheaply KG went in trade... concerning return talent.

Apparently you missed the pages of "analysis" earlier this summer in which certain posters insisted that Garnett would never be traded for a package of considerably lesser talent.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't deny that is possible, but come on, Rondo hasn't proven anything and Pruitt is just a rookie. People are on here treating him like he's an all-star.

who's treating him like an all-star? I haven't even seen anyone even say anything about him except list him in the depth chart and that was just Sunsman who apparently is a USC fan from his thumbs up to Scalabrine as well.

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I tend to agree with you cheese, but I think you are wrong in this case. This trade makes the celtics a contender for the 2nd round, nothing more. The Celts have very little depth, poor PG play, and a horrible coach.

KG makes the Celtics much better, but he will once again have no help down low. There is no longer the dearth of bigmen there once was in the east.

I just think very, very little of the Eastern Conference and I believe the Celts will probably sign someone with their MLE or LLE or get some kind of min vets. That's a pretty attractive ********* to go play with if you want to get to the Finals IMO.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Come on man, sarcasm. I don't think a damn thing of rondo, dude may be the worst shooting pg in the entire league. He makes jaqcue vaughn look like mark price.

rondo shot 41.8% from the floor so he couldn't be THAT awful.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Apparently you missed the pages of "analysis" earlier this summer in which certain posters insisted that Garnett would never be traded for a package of considerably lesser talent.

His price just makes me wonder why the Suns could not get it done. I guess it just hurts he's not in a Suns uniform.

Errntknght

Reaction score
This was talked about at length when the suns were in the picture, and I understood that he can only waive a small part of it [Garnett's trade kicker] or none of it.

Enough of it has to be waived so that the trade fits under the 125% rule - that much is obvious, isn't it? So until the details of who Minny gets in return you can't say how much will be waived.

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
rondo shot 41.8% from the floor so he couldn't be THAT awful.

Yeah but unlike vaughn he gets to the basket, so that ups his fg%, and it still is only 41. His 3% is something like 21 (he only took I think like 30). Boston would need him to stretch the floor with defenders collapsing on their big 3 (why gibson was successful for cleveland) and he can't.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
His price just makes me wonder why the Suns could not get it done. I guess it just hurts he's not in a Suns uniform.

How could the Suns match this?(not official, but widely reported)
  • Jefferson He's the centerpiece, a young promising big man too build around.
  • Gomes: Good role player
  • Green: Young, athletic and full of potential
  • Telfair: He's a punk, but he's just filler
  • Ratliff: Filler to make the trade work and an expiring contract.
  • Boston first round pick
  • Minnesota first round pick that they sent to Boston in the Ricky Davis trade
What could the Suns offer, besides a combo of this?
  • Marion: He's too old for Minnesota's plans, and not likely to stay after one year
  • Barbs: Nice, but they already have Foye
  • Atlanta 08: Nice pick, but Atlanta is likely to be better
  • Future Phoenix first? Likely to be late picks until at least 2010.
  • KT? Filler, Gives them an expiring contract and nothing else.
  • Diaw? Keep walking.
  • Banks? Keep Walking.

Last edited:

asudevil83

Reaction score

seriously...Garnett was getting way too much love.

but considering how much suns' fans were willing to give up, its a little surpising.

Marion/Barbosa/3 first.....LOL

asudevil83

Reaction score
How could the Suns match this?(not official, but widely reported)
  • Jefferson He's the centerpiece, a young promising big man too build around.
  • Gomes: Good role player
  • Green: Young, athletic and full of potential
  • Telfair: He's a punk, but he's just filler
  • Ratliff: Filler to make the trade work and an expiring contract.
  • Boston: first round pick
  • Minnesota: first round pick that they sent to Boston in the Ricky Davis trade
What could the Suns offer, besides a combo of this?
  • Marion: He's too old for Minnesota's plans, and not likely to stay after one year
  • Barbs: Nice, but they already have Foye
  • Atlanta 08: Nice pick, but Atlanta is likely to be better
  • Future Phoenix first? Likely to be late picks until at least 2010.
  • KT? Filler, Gives them an expiring contract and nothing else.
  • Diaw? Keep walking.
  • Banks? Keep Walking.

the suns CANT offer anything. we have no pieces to trade anymore, and would have no bench after ANY trade for him.

and considering what we gave up to chop off the LT, we arent even INTERESTED in adding more salary to this team.

WE ARENT GOING TO MAKE AN OFFER.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah but unlike vaughn he gets to the basket, so that ups his fg%, and it still is only 41. His 3% is something like 21 (he only took I think like 30). Boston would need him to stretch the floor with defenders collapsing on their big 3 (why gibson was successful for cleveland) and he can't.

but Ray Allen and Pierce are the guys who stretch the floor on that team shooting 45% and 38% - they're the kickout guys for Garnett when he's doubled or when Rondo attacks the rim. And with any one of those three being able to go to the hole, it's gonna create better opportunities for EVERYONE on offense, no matter who they are. And besides that, I'll preface this by saying I know you know this and I don't want to come off as condescending but not every team needs 3 or 4 three point threats out there to be successful especially in the East.

Last edited:

hafey

Registered
Reaction score
Since when has KG commanded double teams? He is a jump shooter. His main weapons are the baseline turnaround and 18 footers.

HooverDam

Reaction score
Since when has KG commanded double teams? He is a jump shooter. His main weapons are the baseline turnaround and 18 footers.

Jump shooters don't command double teams? Then what was half the NBA doing doubling Dirk all year? Hm.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

He demand double teams the same way Dirk demands double teams - because he can blow by his man, spot up or he can post people up, which both enable him to average 5 assists per game for his career.

Black Jesus

No Talent Ass-Clown
Reaction score
Since when was KG worth... 1st round Pick, Ryan Gomes, Al Jefferson, Sebastian Telfair, Gerald Green, and Theo Ratliff? Those guys all got regular minutes for Boston.

Now Boston looks pretty bare... Are they going to have a 6 man rotation with 2 shootfirst guards in Pierce and Allen? I dont think that this team works as well as everyone thinks. On top of that they are all in their 30s. Boston really just sold their future for a shot at playoffs for two years, and Minnesota went to the bank.

Gomes would get regular minutes on our team, Telfair would be a good backup to learn from Nash, Al Jefferson is a future allstar, Gerald Green won the slam dunk contest..I know who cares, and then a first rounder on top of all this. Unbelievable.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yeah, and why would people double or triple team Kobe?

KG has commanded double teams since...oh, stepping into the league.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05