Kicked out by S.A.F.E. for "excessive standing" with 4 minutes left in the 4th

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's not just happening in Arizona. This is from the 49ers forum today:

Our home field advantage is a joke...
Just got home from the game and 2 things really stuck out for me tonight that left me scratching my head...

1) For most of the first quarter, our usher in LE41 kept ordering everybody to sit down. He even said, "If you want to stand, go up there" (pointing to the upper levels). Even when they showed the Joe Staley piece on the jumbotron where he's telling everybody to "get out of your seats", this usher is still telling people to sit down! I remember another poster saying they had a similiar experience a few weeks ago. I guess the argument can be made that you can cheer while sitting down, but it's not the same.

There was a Seahawks fan sitting behind us, and all he could do was laugh at us and say how you'd never see something like that at Quest. It was actually embarrassing.

With this whole social media push the Niners are doing to get the crowd involved and maximizing home field advantage, I wonder if they even know about ushers like our guy and how counterproductive it is. I also wonder if there's someone I could contact and basically tell them what's going on.

2) All night long, the fans in the north endzone and upper north east sections kept cheering and making noise when we were on offense. For those of you there, I'm sure you heard all the "Let's go Niners" chants in the 4th quarter during our last few drives. You could see lots of people in other sections waving their hands downwards, in the "be quite" fashion...

How is this still happening? How do people not know better? I will give them credit and say they were plenty loud on defense as well... but as the saying goes, even a broken clock is right two times out of the day.

And I found this in the 49ers A-Z guide:

SITTING – NOT – STANDING
[FONT=Arial Narrow,Arial Narrow][FONT=Arial Narrow,Arial Narrow]For the safety and consideration of all our guests, please keep all aisles and vomitories clear and limit all movement within the seating area to breaks in the game action only. We firmly believe in the "12th Man / Woman" concept and spontaneous reactions to plays are expected and encouraged. However, continued standing during game action when other fans are sitting is not permitted. Thank you in advance for your consideration.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Last edited:

Red Dawn

Go Big Red!
Reaction score
And I found this in the 49ers A-Z guide:

SITTING – NOT – STANDING
For the safety and consideration of all our guests, please keep all aisles and vomitories clear and limit all movement within the seating area to breaks in the game action only. We firmly believe in the "12th Man / Woman" concept and spontaneous reactions to plays are expected and encouraged. However, continued standing during game action when other fans are sitting is not permitted. Thank you in advance for your consideration.

What the heck is a vomitory? Do whiner fans vomit so regularly that they need vomitories? I wonder if you can stand while vomiting. :D

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What the heck is a vomitory? Do whiner fans vomit so regularly that they need vomitories? I wonder if you can stand while vomiting. :D

I think the Romans invented the vomitorium during their debauchery filled orgies. I am by no means an historian, however.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

Dictionary.com said:
3. (Fine Arts & Visual Arts / Architecture) Also called vomitorium [ˌvɒmɪˈtɔːrɪəm] a passageway in an ancient Roman amphitheatre that connects an outside entrance to a tier of seats

Hm. Learn something new every day.

CardsChick

Reaction score
RE: Vomitory
While researching the "Excessive Standing" rule in regard to Steve's "Excessive Standing" ejection from the Cardinals Buffalo game on 10/14/12. I read the same line in the 49ers "Code of Conduct" with the same silent reaction, "WTH?"

Prior to looking up the definition my mind went wild with sarcastic notions as to exactly how a "vomitory" would come into play at the "University of Phoenix Stadium", during "Arizona Cardinals Football" with no lack of conceptualizing the necessity for such a commodity. I imagine a "Vomitory" would have been put to good use by Steve as he was ejected, by Jay Feely as his kick was tipped and bounced off the goal post to lose the game, by all the STANDING Cardinals Fans who let out a collective groan watching another ending by the "Cardiac Cards" who never make watching a game easy. (It would have been nice if the Arizona Cardinals had a blowout occasionally.)

Alas, for all the NFL Football Fans who could 'use' a "Vomitory" installed in their stadium, I suggest improvising with a popcorn bucket. The guy who "STANDS" (appreciated) in front of us used his souvenir Cardinals beer cup once. Though he needed, but didn't have, the 23 oz size. I will leave that to your imagination. No complaints from us because he is an awesome fan! And it was the Playoff Cardinals/Eagles win.

Hence, sadly, because Cardinals Stadium could really use a Vomitory, unfortunately I believe the "Code of Conduct" is referring to definition #3.

By definition:
vom·i·to·ry (vm-tôr, -tr)
adj.
Inducing vomiting; vomitive.
n. pl. vom·i·to·ries
1. Something that induces vomiting.
2. An aperture through which matter is discharged.
3. One of the tunnellike passages of an amphitheater or stadium between the seats and the outside wall or passageway.

Signed,
"Mom"

CardsChick

Reaction score
Vomitories - Sodomitories

I have been admonished for being long-winded.

However, "Sodomitory" is the "Excessive Standing" rule.

:newbie:

:newbie:

Tyler

Registered
Reaction score
Anyone else see the SAFE guy on the field yesterday trying to get the endzone to get up and be loud? Perhaps he was bored and wanted to kick someone out.....

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Anyone else see the SAFE guy on the field yesterday trying to get the endzone to get up and be loud? Perhaps he was bored and wanted to kick someone out.....

hahaha, unbelievable. most of those guys (the ones who don't work in the stands) are pretty cool and a lot of them I have talked to have been fans of the team. I actually talked to one of the outside guys last night to get the corporate contact info when the inside guys ignored my text warning (see my other thread)