Kobe demands trade

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wheels coming off the Buss.

According to abomb, he just said this on Screamin' A Smith's show...

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wheels coming off the Buss.

According to abomb, he just said this on Screamin' A Smith's show...

Doh. Well the floodgates just opened for trade speculation. At any rate, I would say that Kobe better come off his high horse about the 1 team if he really wants out. The Lakers are not going to trade him just to trade him.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
whoa! period?! as in jerry or no jerry - get me out of here?!

this dark dark offseason has just had a ray of light shone through it - thanks drama queen!

OP
OP
D-Dogg

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I still doubt he's going anywhere. JO has wanted out for a while, so has KG.

We know that Mitch can't get deals done, so maybe Kobe goes nowhere.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I still doubt he's going anywhere. JO has wanted out for a while, so has KG.

We know that Mitch can't get deals done, so maybe Kobe goes nowhere.

but KG and O-Neal have NEVER made a stink like Kobe.

Regardless, you really think Kobe SHOULD stay on the team at this point? It just seems like he's going to rot that team to the core (not that it can't get much worse at this point).

OP
OP
D-Dogg

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Says he knows who the "insider" is...I think that is what tipped it over. Had to be someone big up...Mitch or *gasp* Dr. Buss himself.

OP
OP
D-Dogg

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
but KG and O-Neal have NEVER made a stink like Kobe.

Regardless, you really think Kobe SHOULD stay on the team at this point? It just seems like he's going to rot that team to the core (not that it can't get much worse at this point).

Yes, I do. But there would have to be leadership in the FO and there is so much infighting there between Jim and Jerry and Jeannie and Phil that it is a nightmare.

WuRaider

Registered
Reaction score
The Suns NEED to make a pitch. This is the best player in the NBA, to not even make an offer would be crazy.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kobe just alienated his entire team. I don't think it's a matter of if the Lakers can get it done as much as now they have to get it done. There is no way you can bring Kobe back if this is true. I don't think the Suns have what it takes to get him because they won't part with Amare IMO. However, if your the Suns you have to at least pick up the phone.

OP
OP
D-Dogg

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kobe just alienated his entire team. I don't think it's a matter of if the Lakers can get it done as much as now they have to get it done. There is no way you can bring Kobe back if this is true. I don't think the Suns have what it takes to get him because they won't part with Amare IMO. However, if your the Suns you have to at least pick up the phone.

He didn't alienate his team, to be clear. He said the FO is a mess and is not committed to winning. He praised his teammates, and specifically Lamar and Luke.

OP
OP
D-Dogg

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, it's hard to imagine that there could be a more convincing lead than that.

I don't know if you are being sarcastic here, but I tend to trust my friends who call me and say they are hearing it with their own ears.

BirdMan21

Ex-Ex-AP Hype Man
Reaction score
As much as I hate Kobe......I would take him on my team in a second, guy is a flat out player. I really don't know what we could offer that wouldn't blow up the team, and I also don't know how he would feel not having the ball in his hands at all times. BUT if he was willing to play a couple years trying it and then opt out if he doesn't like it, I would take him tomorrow.

OP
OP
D-Dogg

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mitch may go down as the GM that traded both Shaquille O'Neal *and* Kobe Bryant.

Dubious.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
He didn't alienate his team, to be clear. He said the FO is a mess and is not committed to winning. He praised his teammates, and specifically Lamar and Luke.

Disagree. He can praise them all he wants. Bottom line is that when you demand a trade, your teammates are bound to feel like your bailing on them. I can't remember one instance with a star demanding a trade and his ex-teammates say "gee we are so happy for him and would like to thank him for all the times we had together."

You usually get generic statements like "<insert player> has to do what he feels is best for him and his family. I wish him all the luck in the world." or "this is a business and things like this happen..." blah blah blah.

Mitch may go down as the GM that traded both Shaquille O'Neal *and* Kobe Bryant.

Dubious.

Not good to have on your resume. However, I think most people know that Kobe facilitated the original departure of Shaq. If anything, Mitch will go down as the GM that folded to Kobe twice.

Last edited:

asudevil83

Reaction score
Kobe WILL NOT be traded for O'neal or KG. i believe kobe has a no trade clause and him going from one crap team to another makes NO SENSE, especially going from a HUGE market to a relatively small one.

Dallas for Dirk
Chicago for Deng/whoever

other than that i dont see any other larger market team that has the ability to trade for Kobe and still remain or become a contending team....except for maybe the suns?

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Kobe WILL NOT be traded for O'neal or KG. i believe kobe has a no trade clause and him going from one crap team to another makes NO SENSE, especially going from a HUGE market to a relatively small one.

Dallas for Dirk
Chicago for Deng/whoever

other than that i dont see any other larger market team that has the ability to trade for Kobe and still remain or become a contending team....except for maybe the suns?

On the program this morning, he said he would play for anyone right now. He feels completely betrayed by the Lakers FO and just wants out.

Mentioned the discrepancies in exit interviews from the 2004 season...Phil was told about the rebuilding process and wanting to cut payroll...Kobe was told that they would reload for him and go after Barron Davis and the dude that went to Utah...which they never did. He said he kept his mouth shut about everything to be a "Good Laker"...he is only now speaking out because of the Laker "Insider" report that came out yesterday.

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
I don't hate Kobe, I seem to just hate the Lakers fan who are in love with him. I would also take him in a heartbeat. Even for Nash who I really, really like. Of course, if they get really desperate maybe we can keep Nash and Amare. :)

OP
OP
D-Dogg

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
he is only now speaking out because of the Laker "Insider" report that came out yesterday.

And he says he knows who the insider is...and he didn't yesterday. To me, that means he found out who it is and when he saw who it was, he was out. It's someone big.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
And he says he knows who the insider is...and he didn't yesterday. To me, that means he found out who it is and when he saw who it was, he was out. It's someone big.

My guess is it's someone in the FO...probably with the last name of Buss...maybe to deflect a little attention away from a certain DUI arrest.

sly fly

Devil Me This
Reaction score
This make losing out on the lottery even more painful if you're a Suns fan.

PHX UNTOUCHABLES:
Nash
Amare

PHX TOUCHABLES:
Everyone else, including draft picks.

Also, LA might do PHX a favor and trade him out of the West. LA is not going to receive "like" compensation for him.

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
I'd trade Nash for him...the Suns wouldn't though. D'Antoni can't coach anything, but "Go Nash". Kobe is the best player is the league, there are no untouchables for him.