Kurt Thomas

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
A lot of blame for the game 1 loss was cast on the Suns players and coaching staff. But has anyone mentioned Kurt Thomas? He had a very big role in the Spurs victory. The charge he took on Amare alone was the difference in the game's outcome. Do the Spurs win this game without KT? Do the Suns lose this game had they kept KT?

I think that our ownership's cheapness and lack of foresight has finally caught up with us.

Phade

Registered
Reaction score
kurt thomas is def the reason we lost this game *fart noise*

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Even if he hadn't been ironically traded to the Spurs, the Suns really do miss him. Skinner is no Kurt.

Anyone notice that Shaq could not move Kurt in the post? That is the reason why the Suns traded for him in the first place, he's an awesome post defender.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Well, considering KT's expiring contract probably would have landed us Pau Gasol (if Sarver signed off on the luxury tax hit of course) without giving up Marion...

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
A lot of blame for the game 1 loss was cast on the Suns players and coaching staff. But has anyone mentioned Kurt Thomas? He had a very big role in the Spurs victory. The charge he took on Amare alone was the difference in the game's outcome. Do the Spurs win this game without KT? Do the Suns lose this game had they kept KT?

I think that our ownership's cheapness and lack of foresight has finally caught up with us.
With Diaw earning more than KT and playing backup Center, it's not even a question of money.

It's incompetent basketball decisions.

OK, I'll say it. It's an ownership catering to a Head Coach who is obsessed with going small.

Pfunk16

Reaction score
And he will soon have a ring. :D

He just might!

Lets see, that would be a couple of former Suns to get a ring or adding to their ring collection by coming to the Championship Factory that is the San Antonio Spurs.

Just off the top of my head:

Steve Kerr
Michael Finley (took a pay cut to play with the Spurs)

Can Kurt Thomas be the next former Sun to get that elusive ring? We shall see!

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Dirty Kurt played well and used the Academy Award winning tactics that the Sterns preach as well.
However, having the SUNS bigs in foul trouble didn't hurt his rebounding numbers either.(wink wink)

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I brought this up last night. Sarver's chickens came home to roost last night.

What's the price on a championship? 16 million in profits.

CaptainInsano

Reaction score
Lets see, that would be a couple of former Suns to get a ring or adding to their ring collection by coming to the Championship Factory that is the San Antonio Spurs.

If the spurs are a "championship factory" (one that takes every 2 years at that) then what are the lakers? The Celtics? None of their championships were because of suspensions or a lockout year either. Your team licks their boots and calling your team a championship factory is supremely laughable idiocy. Wait until after 10 or more years of championships before you say such stupid crap like that.

"Championship factory" and "dynasty" with only 2 legit trophys and when they can't even win back to backs. It is just the biggest bs, I don't know if it is supposed to be a joke? In that case it is a hilarious joke!

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the spurs are a "championship factory" (one that takes every 2 years at that) then what are the lakers? The Celtics? None of their championships were because of suspensions or a lockout year either. Your team licks their boots and calling your team a championship factory is supremely laughable idiocy. Wait until after 10 or more years of championships before you say such stupid crap like that.

"Championship factory" and "dynasty" with only 2 legit trophys and when they can't even win back to backs. It is just the biggest bs, I don't know if it is supposed to be a joke? In that case it is a hilarious joke!

Come on. You than if you buy into the lockout argument, I can't believe you would try to claim that the San Antonio Spurs championship last year was not legitimate. There is no way for any of us to know whether the Phoenix Suns would have won that series with Amare Stoudemire and Boris in game 5. They did beat us in 6 games after all. The suspensions were also the right call. I mean that's where the duh'Mare thread should have started.

I would say if you want to see whether the San Antonio Spurs are really a championship factory... that is the franchise... let's see what happens when Tim Duncan really declines and/or is out of the game.

I brought this up last night. Sarver's chickens came home to roost last night.

What's the price on a championship? 16 million in profits.

You never know what happens if the Phoenix Suns don't trade Kurt Thomas over the summer, but it really was just a horrible move. At the time I thought if they got PJ Brown it would be a lateral move with respect to the current basketball team. That didn't happen, so it sucks.

I have a hard time believing that if they had kept Kurt Thomas they could make the Shaquille O'Neal move. I'm also not sure it's quite right to say they could have had Gasol. I still think that was a BS deal that was made without really even considering what other people were offering or would be offering as the deadline approached.

I am pretty sure about one thing though. The Phoenix Suns traded two first-round draft picks to unload Kurt Thomas. I think it's quite fair to say that each of those draft picks was worth at least $3 million (maybe more if you can get future pics as well as cash).

No one thing that we does need to do is create a rule against being able to pick up a player on waivers a month after you trade him. There's just something wrong about that in my eyes.

Joe