Kurt Warner is in talks with the SF 49ers (confirmed by his agent)

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So he'd go from MVP candidate to a middling qb? Possible, but unlikely. Again, I don't think he would have a MVP season for the niners, but I could definitely see him being a big improvement at the position for the niners. Bottom line is, he's better than Shaun Hill, I'd prefer intra divisional teams not to improve.

Kurt caught lightning in a bottle on a team where he'd been in the system for two years, and was throwing to Anquan Boldin and Larry frigging Fitzgerald, and Steve Breaston, running the shotgun and basically calling plays with a damn the torpedos and let it fly mentality since we had no running game.

In SF he gets no Q or Fitz like guy, no control, has to learn a new offense, a team that features a running game with one of the best backs in the league, and no "let it fly."

With Kurt lining up to hand the ball off, and not running shot all day, he will get banged up a lot behind that line, and he will not last long.

He might get the money in SF, but it won't make them any better, IMO.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ladies and gentlemen, Rod Graves.

Is doing absolutely nothing wrong in this scenario. He's got a very nice offer on the table and Kurt wants more. Joeshmoe broke it down where it is comparable with albert's 100 million dollar deal. Sorry, but this ain't on Graves.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe Warner is waiting to see if SF resigns Bryant Johnson before he makes a decision.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
The only way Warner works in SF is if they find a way to land TJ Houshmanzadeh.

AsUdUdE

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Oh, I'm not claiming he'd put up numbers like he did this year, but that isn't the question. The question is, is Kurtbetter than Shaun Hill? I would say definitely. Could he be the difference between 7-9 and 9-7? I think he has a much greater chance than Shaun Hill.

while logically, on the surface, your argument makes a lot of sense... however, Shaun Hill is elusive, and saying Kurt is stationary is an understatement, Kurt playing with swirling winds, with a piss poor Oline and even worse WR corp.. Kurt would revert back to his Giant days and wouldn't play well at all... imo

Carddan

Average Fan
Reaction score
Kurt has not hurt his image with the fans, By being calm and respectful in his interviews he has taken the high road. He has not expressed anger or resentment towards the team. I believe the team might be handling the situation well also.

Now, if Kurt thinks God wants him to move to SF and rescue some souls we could be in trouble. (that is a joke, I'm mocking SF, not religion)

Last edited:

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cardsfanmd, by refering to the biblical city that the act is named for, my attempted humor is intended to be more subtle and less offensive to a wider group. For anyone still offended, I am not passing judgement on anyone's lifestyle or religion. We all need a sense of humor.
I ws mocking right along with you, but I went and deleted my post. I would edit yours too, as the mods dont want that stuff here.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You don't think Kurt would improve the Niners? A niners team that was 7-9 last year and appeared re-energized by Singletary? I'd rather not play against Kurt twice a year.

They probably wouldn't be done making moves IF they signed Warner. They would be the favorites going into next season in the NFC West and rightfully so. Remember, we didn't exactly crush them this year and Warner was huge in the 2nd game especially.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Kurt signing elsewhere means you leave I am all for it. Heck, the Cards should pay part of his salary to get you out of here.:mulli:

Actually, I'll stick up for this kid. He's been sounding like a Cards fan more than a Warner fan lately. He's going to stick around after Warner leaves.

IAWarnerFan

Warnerphile, but a Cards fan!
Reaction score
Actually, I'll stick up for this kid. He's been sounding like a Cards fan more than a Warner fan lately. He's going to stick around after Warner leaves.

Thanks and he won't go, but I would still cheer for the Cardinals even in the remote chance that he decided to! I cheer on all AZ teams and not just the Cardinals.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
They probably wouldn't be done making moves IF they signed Warner. They would be the favorites going into next season in the NFC West and rightfully so. Remember, we didn't exactly crush them this year and Warner was huge in the 2nd game especially.

We're in agreement on this topic...I don't know if they'd be favorites, but I can't believe anyone would be happy if he went to SF.

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
We're in agreement on this topic...I don't know if they'd be favorites, but I can't believe anyone would be happy if he went to SF.
Any improvement by SF is going to be bad news for the Cardinals. They've had trouble with them for years and although they swept last year it's not that impressive since the 49ers were in total disarray. A lame duck coach, Mike Martz(!) in his first year, JT O'Sullivan(!!!) and Mike Singletary's first game as coach.

Not to mention losses in previous years by teams led by Alex Smith, Tim Rattay, etc. Stabilizing the QB position would only help their situation and they've continually been a problem for the Cardinals without a QB. Wouldn't be good.

IAWarnerFan

Warnerphile, but a Cards fan!
Reaction score
This makes no sense to start with! Why can't they just be happy with a future superstar in Shaun Hill??? :bang:

perivolaki

perivolaki
Reaction score
Any improvement by SF is going to be bad news for the Cardinals. They've had trouble with them for years and although they swept last year it's not that impressive since the 49ers were in total disarray. A lame duck coach, Mike Martz(!) in his first year, JT O'Sullivan(!!!) and Mike Singletary's first game as coach.

Not to mention losses in previous years by teams led by Alex Smith, Tim Rattay, etc. Stabilizing the QB position would only help their situation and they've continually been a problem for the Cardinals without a QB. Wouldn't be good.

Yah but Kurt likes to operate out of the shotgun and that isn't really conducive to a running game and Gore is their bread and butter. I don't think Kurt fits what they're trying to do at all.

Plus does 4 and 5 receiver sets out of the shotgun with empty backfield sound like something that Singletary would like to do? I didn't think so.