Kyler Murray Appreciation Thread

BritCard

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Again I get that, but the dude called Yiadom locked up MHJ man to man multiple times, I don't get the impression that he had guys wide open all game yesterday and missed them.

I think we took what was there, the 49ers in the first half took away Conner but in the 2nd half we did things a little differently.

The one issue on the last drive was the miss to Wilson, that open you gotta give the guy a chance to make a play.

Maybe it's because I live here so I know a ton of 49er fans but I don't think you quite grasp how big that game was for the 49ers. It wasn't one of those they didn't take us seriously and got beat games, they looked at this as a huge game for them and to lose was a big deal. I think the team, and Kyler, deserve lots of praise for that.

Disagree. Quarterbacks make guys like MHJ open against CB's like Yiadom.

When your #1 WR is 1 on 1 vs a 3rd string cornerback you feed him the ball. You make him your 1st read 60% of the time.

The only difference between MHJ and Nabers or Thomas is that they have QB's that are doing that.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Kyler's 2nd half passing stats in a game we were down 13 and down the whole half.

11/15, 64 yds, 4.3 ypa, TD

I'll let you decide if this is positive.

football karma

Michael snuggles the cap space
Reaction score
we will get the "all of Kylers throws vs the 49ers" all 22 before too long and can decide for ourselves

i think the #1 goal for Petzing / Kyler is figuring out the passing game when teams go into two-high shell coverage

Brady made a point of it during the broadcast -- 2nd half the 49ers played shell to keep things underneath

i also believe that teams arent threatened by the idea of Wilson or MHJ running by them deep -- which can also make 2 high suffocating

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are we going to do Kyler is great again now?

It was an average game TBH outside his TD run and the 4th and 5 "MHJ down there somewhere" throw.

As a passer it was a below average game.
That throw to MHJ was a desperate jump ball. Period. Glad it worked but if that ball hit the ground we would have lost and we wouldn’t be talking about Kyler’s 50 yard run.
I’m happy. I’m just not ready to put him back on a pedestal.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake