Kyler Murray Appreciation Thread

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey, I beat the kid up when he deserves it, so I have to bow down and do a Wayne and Garth "I'm not worthy!" when he absolutely dominates in a game. That was damned near flawless. Even when he missed, like on the MHJ fade, he missed safely. There was absolutely no way the defense was getting to it.

I screamed at him a few times, in the "Throw it away!" and "Tuck the damn ball!" sense, but every time, it was like the game paused, he held a hand up to me on the TV, and said, "Relax, Stout. I got this, bro."

THAT is the QB we need. Right now, if only for tonight, Kyler Murray is a generational talent at QB.
Nice post Stout. A lot of us did the same. To often we put the blame or the accolades on 1 player. There wasn’t a Wr on this team last year that could have done what MHJ did Sunday.

Now, let’s be real. There are going to be bumps along the way. I doubt we are going 16-1. But this game showed us what a ceiling and what could be.

Had we lost we would be 0-2 and the “ I got to coach them up better” talked would have already worn thin. Now? Sunday can’t get here fast enough.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kliff is a terrible coach and the Commanders are finding out right now.

Meanwhile people finally realize we have had a generational QB since the beginning.
Funny I was listening to a portion of their game. The Commandrers were on the Giant 4 yard line. It went something like this.
“ Daniels in shotgun….and now they shift. Now Jacob replaces Daniels. So and so goes in motion….oh and a lineman moves” The announcer says, “Trying to get to cute.”
I believe they settled for a fg.
Klassic Kliff.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Kliff is a terrible coach and the Commanders are finding out right now.

Meanwhile people finally realize we have had a generational QB since the beginning.
Yeah, rein in that hindsight. I love what he did yesterday and hope he replicates it, but no. We have not had a generational QB since the beginning.

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Next Gen Stats

@NextGenStats
·
17h

Kyler Murray completed every one of his five deep passes (20+ air yards) for 156 yards and 3 touchdowns against the Rams. The probability of Murray completing all five of his deep attempts was just 0.3%.All five completions came in the first half.
You must be registered for see images attach

Gambler

Veteran
Reaction score
First I would like to congratulate Kyler on his outstanding game yesterday. He was a magician. We were all saying “throw it to Marvin, he will go get to it, just like Fitz did”. On the first TD pass I was screaming “NO”, as MHJ was clearly covered and about to run through the end zone. But Kyler threw an unbelievable pass and MHJ did what we said he would do, found a way to not only catch it but also get both feet down. To me, it was the play of the game for that reason and also setting the tone for the game. Kyler deserves all the accolades he is receiving. On another note, let’s all keep our sense of humor and enjoy this pic.

Attachments

• IMG_0627.jpeg
    IMG_0627.jpeg
    110.4 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First I would like to congratulate Kyler on his outstanding game yesterday. He was a magician. We were all saying “throw it Marvin, he will go get it, just like Fitz did”. On the first TD pass I was screaming “NO”, as MHJ was clearly covered and about to run through the end zone. But Kyler threw an unbelievable pass and MHJ did what we said he would do, found a way to not only catch it but also get both feet down. To me it was the play of the game for that reason and also setting the tone for the game. Kyler deserves all the accolades he is receiving. On another note, let’s all keep our sense of humor and enjoy this pic.
Pic is hysterical

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Next Gen Stats
@NextGenStats
·
17h

Kyler Murray completed every one of his five deep passes (20+ air yards) for 156 yards and 3 touchdowns against the Rams. The probability of Murray completing all five of his deep attempts was just 0.3%.All five completions came in the first half.
You must be registered for see images attach
We didn't need to go deep in the 2nd half.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
We didn't need to go deep in the 2nd half.
Agree. That's the best part about our rushing attack...because our linemen get to the second level so quickly and consistently we often kick out runs of 20 or 30 yards. It's nice when you can get chunk plays without passing.
You add in McBride and Dortch with their YaC ability and we can also get chunk plays passing short....and if the D tries to take it away... Marvin over the top.

This is honestly the most complete offense we have had since 2008....
If our top 2 picks next year produce as rookies we will do well in January of 26

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Hey, I beat the kid up when he deserves it, so I have to bow down and do a Wayne and Garth "I'm not worthy!" when he absolutely dominates in a game. That was damned near flawless. Even when he missed, like on the MHJ fade, he missed safely. There was absolutely no way the defense was getting to it.

I screamed at him a few times, in the "Throw it away!" and "Tuck the damn ball!" sense, but every time, it was like the game paused, he held a hand up to me on the TV, and said, "Relax, Stout. I got this, bro."

THAT is the QB we need. Right now, if only for tonight, Kyler Murray is a generational talent at QB.
Stout this is HUGE for you brotha! I appreciate your humility and candor in admitting this. I'm well approaching doing the same thing for JG. LOL!!!!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunchaser