Kyler Murray Appreciation Thread

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t know. But Sam Darnold and the Vikings are 5-0 with Jefferson missing games. Sam Darnold!
Without looking, Who is Josh Allen’s #1? How about MaHomes? It isn’t Kelce anymore. He lost Rice and all of a sudden Scantling, SCANTLING, goes crazy.
Who’s Lamar Jackson’s number 1?

602 Native

All Star
Reaction score
Back to Darnold. Addison was out for part of the season as was Jefferson. Hockenson hadn’t played so I don’t understand how you can even mention him.
Talk about unserious. Are you telling me you wouldn’t take Josh Allen over Kyler right now? I’d like to start a poll on that.
Please do. The TE is the only player I would not take over our guys.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I would settle for an average team around K1. We have only seen that for a limited time with him at the helm.
Agree with this. I think the offense was close before the injuries to the OL. The defense is just so bad that it offers very little margin for error.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
He is never going to be Mahomes or Allen

Part of this is expectations management after idiot Paul Calvisi put Kyler on MVP watch in his second season because Mahomes and Lamar had just done it.

It just sucks to see Kyler surpassed by lesser talents like Purdy, Stroud, Burrow, and Love. Maybe the teams around them are better (Green Bay’s offense is still developing), but you’d expect Kyler to be starting to play his best football.

We’re debating whether he’s as good as Kirk Cousins.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Part of this is expectations management after idiot Paul Calvisi put Kyler on MVP watch in his second season because Mahomes and Lamar had just done it.

It just sucks to see Kyler surpassed by lesser talents like Purdy, Stroud, Burrow, and Love. Maybe the teams around them are better (Green Bay’s offense is still developing), but you’d expect Kyler to be starting to play his best football.

We’re debating whether he’s as good as Kirk Cousins.
Exactly.

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
You statement doesn’t address the question about Josh Allen.
Josh Allen is averaging fewer ypg than Kyler and has a lower completion percentage than Kyler by over 8 percentage points this year. Allen is still an amazing QB, but he has also suffered from a lack of receiving options. Every QB does. Even Mahomes is having the worst year of his career without reliable receivers, and he still has arguably the best pass catching TE of all-time out there with him.

By no means am I saying Kyler is a better QB than either of those guys, but downplaying the need for solid receiving options for good QBs is just irrational.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Josh Allen is averaging fewer ypg than Kyler and has a lower completion percentage than Kyler by over 8 percentage points this year. Allen is still an amazing QB, but he has also suffered from a lack of receiving options. Every QB does. Even Mahomes is having the worst year of his career without reliable receivers, and he still has arguably the best pass catching TE of all-time out there with him.

By no means am I saying Kyler is a better QB than either of those guys, but downplaying the need for solid receiving options for good QBs is just irrational.
We can get lost in stats all day. However some might say you still need to get the ball to those receivers. I don’t believe Kyler is very good from the pocket.
Even this year his biggest plays have been unscripted off a scramble.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

This is what is so frustrating about this team. Mahomes is playing mediocre for overall standards, not even just Mahomes standards. Doesn’t even matter because their defense is awesome. I badly want that.

This is not even taking away from Mahomes because he’s still the best QB in the league & a top 2 QB of all time to me, but man it’s so infuriating.

602 Native

All Star
Reaction score

You are speaking too much reason.

602 Native

All Star
Reaction score
We can get lost in stats all day. However some might say you still need to get the ball to those receivers. I don’t believe Kyler is very good from the pocket.
Even this year his biggest plays have been unscripted off a scramble.
Give K1 the Chiefs oline

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Give K1 the Chiefs oline
Well they just benched their rookie left tackle perhaps leading to MaHomes “ slow” start.
Mahomes is ridiculous. His ability to raise his teammates and the offense to the level needed to win is astonishing.
He is capable of doing more with less than any qb in the league.

602 Native

All Star
Reaction score
You’re being unserious if you think that Kyler is doing enough to make this offense look respectable. Being the 15th-20th best QB in the NFL isn’t winning much in this league
It’s the Cards when have we ever won much?

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seriously there are several Murray threads to discuss your dislike and inadequacy. Bans will come forward