Kyler Murray Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do think that in order to get the most out of a Kyler Murray offense, you have to run him like the Ravens run Lamar. I don't know if Kyler would be able to stay healthy with that workload.

Yeah… this is the Kyler Conundrum. His wheels are legit great, but if we can’t maximize them for fear of injury, do they matter enough to overcome some of his shortcomings as a passer?

A guy like Lamar showed his wheels could overcompensate for his flaws as a passer the second he stepped on the field and has been repeatedly proving that with incredible results, gaining multiple MVPs.

That question has yet to be answered with Kyler.

602 Native

All Star
Reaction score
Also, point of note. The Ravens offensive line is not as good this year as it has been in previous years. Not even close really and the Cardinals started the season with a better offensive line.
That's great but we are talking lifetime and our team doesn't compare to what LJack has had.
It's silly to even compare the two from what tools the QB has had to work with in their careers.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Also, I struggle with any comparison between Lamar and Kyler because you could argue that the Cardinals offense has similar talent.

The massive difference is when comparing the defenses. Not even close.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
You really love Kevin Clark? I feel like he’s from the same asshat-bucket along with Steven Ruiz.

I like him as a storyteller and interviewer. His football takes almost always turn out to be wrong.

He’s the prime example that you don’t need a number 1 to be successful.

Him and Mahomes are maybe the exceptions that prove the rule?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's great but we are talking lifetime and our team doesn't compare to what LJack has had.
It's silly to even compare the two from what tools the QB has had to work with in their careers.
Every time Lamar gets hurt or wasn’t a starter, like at the beginning of his rookie season, the offense either started bad in his rookie season or totally cratered later in his career with the team going in the tank. Every time he plays the offense is good to great.

He lifts the talent around him the second he steps on the field. Always has and the proof is in how bad that offense gets the second he steps off it.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I agree that
I agree that Kyler has never been supported with a competent defense. 2021 might be the closest thing to it.

I would argue that Kyler has been provided better offensive weapons than Lamar for the most part, but Lamar has had a better offensive line for the majority of years. The Cardinals line 2023 and 2024 have been the closest to a Ravens OL.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like him as a storyteller and interviewer. His football takes almost always turn out to be wrong.

Him and Mahomes are maybe the exceptions that prove the rule?

Josh Allen is there also.

Also, who’s the number 1 in GB? This year or last when Love has been good to great?

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
G
Every time Lamar gets hurt or wasn’t a starter, like at the beginning of his rookie season, the offense either started bad in his rookie season or totally cratered later in his career with the team going in the tank. Every time he plays the offense is good to great.

He lifts the talent around him the second he steps on the field. Always has and the proof is in how bad that offense gets the second he steps off it.
Guess this doesn’t apply in the playoffs.. 2-4 record, 6tds-6ints and a 57% career completion rate.

602 Native

All Star
Reaction score

Have you watched games without K1?

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Could I bring unity to the Cardinals message board with these three statements?

1 - Kyler Murray is between the 11th and 15th best QB in the NFL.

2 - The Cardinals not rushing Kyler Murray like Lamar Jackson minimizes his strengths and emphasizes his weaknesses.

3 - The Cardinals organization is not good enough for Kyler Murray to be a winning QB.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
And yet they just traded for Amari Cooper.

No QB in the league does more with less than K1.
Agree that Kyler has only been given a decent defense 1 year. Disagree that he has not had the offensive talent to be successful. Think the statement is extremely dramatic.

602 Native

All Star
Reaction score
We are one win better this year with Kyler than we were last year through week 6 with Dobbs.
Talk to me in 6 weeks. Our schedule has been very tough to start the season.

We are about to get some wins and still probably end up with 8 wins despite looking like trash for a couple of games.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And yet they just traded for Amari Cooper.

Well, yeah. They want to get better. But Allen still has them at 4-2 without great weapons around him to this point.

No QB in the league does more with less than K1.

Sorry. Just can’t agree with this. Lamar has won two MVPs with similar talent. Mahommes had next to nothing on offense most of last year and won a Super Bowl.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Talk to me in 6 weeks. Our schedule has been very tough to start the season.

We are about to get some wins and still probably end up with 8 wins despite looking like trash for a couple of games.

And what will you say if the above doesn’t happen?

The offense is barely better than the Dobbs led offense.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Well, yeah. They want to get better. But Allen still has them at 4-2 without great weapons around him to this point.

Sorry. Just can’t agree with this. Lamar has won two MVPs with similar talent. Mahommes had next to nothing on offense most of last year and won a Super Bowl.
Come on man.. Kyler is not Lamar or Mahomes. But you can’t really believe the stuff you’re typing right? HOF Coaches alone Harbaugh and the offensive genius that is the Walrus Andy Reid alone puts an end to that conversation. Then you can just look at the overall rosters from top to bottom..come on. Are Lamar and Mahomes light years better yes! Can’t state that enough.. but to to have Andy Reid, a HOF TE, a supreme offensive line and an awesome defense. That’s a TON of team help for the offense. Middling WRs at that point, sure.. I’ll give you that but if you have everything else in place?!?! That would be a dream for AZ and Kyler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiev22