LA Chargers @ Arizona Cardinals Pre Game Thread. 10/14/24-10/20/24

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Tin foil hat moment: Rallis saying he doesn't have the front players to execute his scheme? He wouldn't be wrong.
I wonder if it's more that the foundation of the defense builds from the back, and they want to ensure the secondary is buttoned-up. You have to have players you're willing to send from the back-seven to rush additional players.

Zaven Collins has played 204 snaps and generated 2 pressures this year, per PFR. Had to lock that guy down.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder if it's more that the foundation of the defense builds from the back, and they want to ensure the secondary is buttoned-up. You have to have players you're willing to send from the back-seven to rush additional players.

Zaven Collins has played 204 snaps and generated 2 pressures this year, per PFR. Had to lock that guy down.
good Lord... 2 pressures in 6 games.

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I don't know Ouchie.

I super duper wish I knew exactly how much leeway Murray has to call his own number in that situation, but I don't think any of us here on the board really know.

I think the kid wants to win pretty bad. I think he hates losing and hates getting called out. I think he likes to make big plays.

It's hard to imagine that he's intentionally passing up opportunities to make plays to help us win. It's possible he doesn't recognize them though to I guess?

It's a mystery. Right on par with the precise origin of the Universe. :)

All I know is his success rate on run audibles is about 20%. It couldn't be more predictable. Basically every time he walks back up to the LOS waiving his arms and barking, then walks back in shotgun. It's always a run. And always gets stuffed.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

But, but he's good against the run! Who cares about piddling things like the primary duty of the position?

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Fire Petzing into the sun after this comment.
I like Petzing. Seems like a good guy. However, maybe JG should have brought in a more experienced coach to assist him as the pass game coordinator. Drew Terrell clearly isn't making life easier for Petzing.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When he kicks a few 55+ game winning field goals the loss of Prater will be easier to take.
has prater kicked 55+ game winning field goals for this team? Seems like one of the only big kicks Prater actually kicked in the last three years he missed against Seattle to give us a walk-off season ending L to end last season... which i think was under 40 yards.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
has prater kicked 55+ game winning field goals for this team? Seems like one of the only big kicks Prater actually kicked in the last three years he missed against Seattle to give us a walk-off season ending L to end last season... which i think was under 40 yards.
Good to know we upgraded the kicker position:mrgreen:

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
What did he notice?
They clog the rush lanes and play man coverage. Kyler can't scramble and has to make quick decisions in the pocket. It's working for the vast majority of defenses we are playing. Coaching hasn't adjusted to it.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiev22