Lakers vs Celtics -2008 NBA Finals

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Laker's bandwagon jumpers can now stow away the gear and look around around for another bandwagon.

I was thinking the exact opposite about the Suntic fans. Might as well stay a Celtic fans.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But the Suntics (3/5) aren't Celtics fans, they are Laker anti-fans--an integral part of being a Suns fan.

You wouldn't know it from their posting styles...............

There's a difference between wanting the Lakers to lose (as I did) and to the extremes that some have gone to.

Hell, I wanted the Lakers to beat the Spurs, and I was glad that they did. Doesn't mean I'm going to do some of the silly things that I have seen on this board by some fans for the finals.

I can't imagine any Cards fan for example (except for the duranged ones) that would switch to a Cowboys avatars for example.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Geez, Lakers looked turrible. Pao Gasol is quickly becoming my least favorite player to watch. Why run your office through him in the post? Geez, make some use of your size, Pao Gasoft. :)

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Odom is definitely key to the Lakers success.

The fact that Odom disappeared in this finals is very disconcerting. As soft as the cream beteween pieces of shortcake, he played like a total skirt last night. Stupid decisions with the ball, poor defense, and then decides to become a 1 on 1 whirling dervish way after the game was over. A huge chunk of this loss goes to him.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I was thinking the exact opposite about the Suntic fans. Might as well stay a Celtic fans.

Why do you keep pandering to Laker fans? If your rival or most-hated team is playing another, isn't it logical that you would root for that other team? Instead, you turn around and insult people like this.

There's nothing wrong with rooting for your team and whoever is playing the Lakers. ASU fans live by that rule on a daily basis.

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
Pao Gasol is quickly becoming my least favorite player to watch. Why run your office through him in the post?
What?! Pau Gasol is running the post office? No wonder the mail is always late. My mailman is soft...

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why do you keep pandering to Laker fans? If your rival or most-hated team is playing another, isn't it logical that you would root for that other team? Instead, you turn around and insult people like this.

There's nothing wrong with rooting for your team and whoever is playing the Lakers. ASU fans live by that rule on a daily basis.

I don't pander to Laker fans. I point out the hypocracy in posting that goes along here.
The difference is... I don't let my hatred of the Lakers affect my objectivity.

Lakers fans being here isn't new. They have been able to coexist with us for years, and for some reason, (many reasons) it is now a big issue.

The Suns fans here are just as responsible for this mess of a forum as the Laker fans.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The fact that Odom disappeared in this finals is very disconcerting. As soft as the cream beteween pieces of shortcake, he played like a total skirt last night. Stupid decisions with the ball, poor defense, and then decides to become a 1 on 1 whirling dervish way after the game was over. A huge chunk of this loss goes to him.

truth. totally.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

You can never blame most of the blame of a 40 point loss on one player. You can on the HC though.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
You can never blame most of the blame of a 40 point loss on one player. You can on the HC though.

Good call. For whatever reason PJ was outclassed in this series and that is something that rarely happens. Chris Mihm... really? And before it's rebutted i know he was barely in the game and didn't really have a chance to mess with the chemistry but that is a microcosm of the whole series; PJ was trying to find the right answers but just couldn't.

I always have regarded Doc as a second rate coach but he's gone a long ways to reverse my opinion.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good call. For whatever reason PJ was outclassed in this series and that is something that rarely happens. Chris Mihm... really? And before it's rebutted i know he was barely in the game and didn't really have a chance to mess with the chemistry but that is a microcosm of the whole series; PJ was trying to find the right answers but just couldn't.

I always have regarded Doc as a second rate coach but he's gone a long ways to reverse my opinion.

I wouldn't rebut that. The C's went on a 15-0 run when Mihm was in. It completely messed with the chemistry. The lineups were horrid, all series long. The failure to switch defensive tactics (double down or stick with perimeter shooters) when new personnel came into the game is puzzling. Why still double down low when 4 deadeye shooters are on the floor? Transition defense was atrocious. What's odd is that every single first quarter, the Lakers played very well..they were either huge leads or tight, close games. But the final 3 quarters in each game were completely different than the firsts.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't rebut that. The C's went on a 15-0 run when Mihm was in. It completely messed with the chemistry. The lineups were horrid, all series long. The failure to switch defensive tactics (double down or stick with perimeter shooters) when new personnel came into the game is puzzling. Why still double down low when 4 deadeye shooters are on the floor? Transition defense was atrocious. What's odd is that every single first quarter, the Lakers played very well..they were either huge leads or tight, close games. But the final 3 quarters in each game were completely different than the firsts.

Completely floored how a PJ coached team would get outworked over and over again in the 3rd quarter. A legendary coach like PJ should be able to make adjustments at half time. The Celtics owned the 3rd in every game.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey, who would have thought that Atlanta would give Boston a tougher time than LA?

;)

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Grats to Boston for winning the championship they deserve it, I feel real good for Kevin Garnett winning his first championship he has been a hard working player in the league and he defintally deserved it :) GRATS TO BOSTON ON BEATING LA FOR THE TITLE