Lakers vs Celtics -2008 NBA Finals

OP
OP
passenger

passenger

Let's get Nashty
Reaction score
looks like we ll watch more bill russell-kevin garnett interviews this summer:)

what did pierce pour on rivers:)was it wine?

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dude, get a clue. No one in the friggin organization will give a straight answer on his timetable for a return or his status. Obviously, they are hiding something. His knee probably looks like cut up brisket. I know you and your Laker buddies are dreaming of this "tremendous" front line, but Bynum doesnt look good.

Uhm, no. He had successful artho on his knee, cleaned out the stuff underneath and he's doing fine. He never had surgery before on this, they tried to rehab it without surgery and it didn't heal. So they finally scoped it.

He's doing fine, it's pretty much common knowledge. He'll be ready for TC.

You get a clue.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bynum will make a big difference. There will be some changes. Odom will be delt. Possibly Walton and/or Radman. Even after a very disappointing loss like this, meaning that they played with no heart, win or lose, it was a good season for us and we should be strong for years to come.

Celts simply wanted it more and our youth showed.

You hope Bynum will make a difference. He might. However, the Celtics are coming back whole. They probably will tinker a bit. The other teams in the West are going to improve.

I would bet on the Celtics making it back again before the Lakers.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
C'mon Donald,don't give us that.You are a member of phoenix suns fans forum and you don't care anything about suns?i'm not saying in negative way,despite you're bias about lakers,i enjoy your other thread and posts

This is a Cardinals site. Not a Suns site. That's why I'm a member here. I'm a member at the Azcards site too. I'm not at the team orange world or whatever they call it.

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Happy for kg, nobody deserved it more. And oh yeah, f.u. shawn marion.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is a Cardinals site. Not a Suns site. That's why I'm a member here. I'm a member at the Azcards site too. I'm not at the team orange world or whatever they call it.

Actually its an Arizona Sports site. Your a closet Suns fan Donald. The first step to recovery is admitting it. J/K. :D

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
That's about the dumbest FTFY I've ever seen. At least try to stay within the realm of reality when you do it. Going into bizarro land doesn't make it funny.

I got a chuckle and so did the Suns fans on this board...thats all that matters

OP
OP
passenger

passenger

Let's get Nashty
Reaction score
i wish they were champin in 2002 when i was living in boston:)it was a team that antoine walker was the star:)

Joe L

The people's champ
Reaction score
WOW!!!!!!
Let me get this straight:

1. Celtics beat the Lakers by 38 points ( most points in Finals history- clinching game)
2. Celtics have a stranglehold in Finals meetings (9-2)
3. Celtics have the record for the greatest comeback in finals history ( post 24 second clock)
4. Kobe proved he can't come up big in the big stage.
5. Kobe proved he isn't "Jordanesque"
6. Kobe wasn't the best player on the floor
7. Ray Allen got the last laugh.
8. Kobe still can't win without the Big Aristotle
9. Shaq is kicking off his Finals after party...all drinks on him!

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
WOW!!!!!!

1. Celtics beat the Lakers by 38 points ( most points in Finals history- clinching game)
2. Celtics have a stranglehold in Finals meetings (9-2)
3. Celtics have the record for the greatest comeback in finals history ( post 24 second clock)
4. Kobe proved he can't come up big in the big stage.
5. Kobe proved he isn't "Jordanesque"
6. Kobe wasn't the best player on the floor
7. Ray Allen got the last laugh.
8. Kobe still can't win without the Big Aristotle
9. Shaq is kicking off his Finals after party...all drinks on him!

you forgot number ten.

10. The Clippers still suck

TJ

Reaction score
Lakers forfeit this series tonight before tip off

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If anybody ever compares Kobe to Jordan ever again they deserve to get punched. I am sorry but Jordan was never shut down like that on the big stage in the Finals. Kobe disappeared for huge stretches and his clutch shooting for the most part was non-existent.

Kobe is a great player but as stated many times before he is not and never will be on MJ's level. I believe more now then ever that Kobe would have had no shot at winning a title without Shaq. He needs another Star player for the Lakers to get a title. Bynum is not that player. Gasol is not that player. They need to bring in a big time star.

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
If anybody ever compares Kobe to Jordan ever again they deserve to get punched. I am sorry but Jordan was never shut down like that on the big stage in the Finals. Kobe disappeared for huge stretches and his clutch shooting for the most part was non-existent.

Kobe is a great player but as stated many times before he is not and never will be on MJ's level.

Here is the thing!
Kobe is a great talent.
But..................................................................
He's a punk, always has been always will be.

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
WOW!!!!!!

No, they won by 39. Of course, they had to blow a 43 point lead to only win by 39...

Andrew

flamboyantly righteous!
Reaction score
I don't know what to feel, on one hand I am happy I saw Kobe Bryant and the Lakers lose...but on the other, I hate for a Boston team to win it all AGAIN.

TJ

Reaction score
I don't know what to feel, on one hand I am happy I saw Kobe Bryant and the Lakers lose...but on the other, I hate for a Boston team to win it all AGAIN.

If you're a true Suns fan, you put your hatred for the Lakers ahead of that.

Andrew

flamboyantly righteous!
Reaction score
Believe me I loved nothing more to see a shocked Kobe walking off the court amongst all the confetti with his head down...

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
I hate the Lakers, always have and always will, but geezsus! 39 freaking points? I mean there's no shame in losing to this stacked Celtic team, but seriuously, there's a hell of a lot of shame when you crap the bed by thirty-nine points! In an elimination game. In the Finals. What in the hell was that?

I'm actually embarassed for the Western Conference. It was my silver lining that if the Lakers won it all I could at least brag a little about the West and the Pacific Division and thus feel a little better about the Suns in the process. I was hoping the Lakers would battle and keep it a close, challenging, and entertaining series, but lose in the end. I never thought they would be totally dominated and owned.

39 points.....my god!

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lakers is a disgrace to the western conference, even the Lebron James lead cavalier didn't embarrass themselves like this against the Spurms, not only did they choke in game 5 and lost a big lead, they were sent packing in an elimination game like they had no business being there.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05