Lebron Opts Out/Becomes Free Agent

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Miami is not being cheap. The salary cap is working as designed.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Miami is not being cheap. The salary cap is working as designed.

It's funny that the players worked so hard in CBA negotiations for maximum salaries and the ability to change teams, and now stars are agreeing to discounts in order to stay put. The owners couldn't have drawn it up any better.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's funny that the players worked so hard in CBA negotiations for maximum salaries and the ability to change teams, and now stars are agreeing to discounts in order to stay put. The owners couldn't have drawn it up any better.

Ha! I didn't think of that. The cap is working to perfection for the owners. Either the Miami stars split up and talent is redistributed or they take paycuts.

FutureSuperstar

Veteran
Reaction score
Even if Miami gets $10-$12 million to spend on another FA (still don't believe this yet ... remember that Haslem opted out of $4 million, so he probably already agreed to a 3 yr. / $9 million deal w/ Miami), we could do the same thing! If Lebron would want to play w/ Deng or Pau Gasol ... He could do that w/ the Suns too

I think Lebron knows PHX would surround him w/ the best supporting cast next year, the year after, and in 4 yrs, etc. (It's really not even close) ... But is moving teams (and thus hurting his legacy a bit), moving his family, and going to a tougher conference worth the "better supporting cast" to him? That's the main issue I think ... That's why I think he's likely to stay w/ Miami, even if they have a weaker supporting cast than the Suns (or Rockets ... or Bulls)

Last edited:

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Neither of those lineups is very impressive, and the idea of Ray Allen guarding SFs at this stage of his career is absurd.

Both those lineups are enough for at least an easy trip to the Finals and at least 2 guaranteed Finals wins.

WuRaider

Registered
Reaction score
Very interesting for Suns fans. Reup Bledsoe, then just chill and see if Riley can pull it off.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Even if Miami gets $10-$12 million to spend on another FA (still don't believe this yet ... remember that Haslem opted out of $4 million, so he probably already agreed to a 3 yr. / $9 million deal w/ Miami), we could do the same thing! If Lebron would want to play w/ Deng or Pau Gasol ... He could do that w/ the Suns too

I think Lebron knows PHX would surround him w/ the best supporting cast next year, the year after, and in 4 yrs, etc. (It's really not even close) ... But is moving teams (and thus hurting his legacy a bit), moving his family, and going to a tougher conference worth the "better supporting cast" to him? That's the main issue I think ... That's why I think he's likely to stay w/ Miami, even if they have a weaker supporting cast than the Suns (or Rockets ... or Bulls)

He must be conflicted. Go to the place with the best opportunity to win, or stay with the teammates that are sacrificing big time to keep you. Honestly, I would love to have LeBron here, but I would really have to respect his loyalty if he stays.

My guess is that if he stays, it will only be a one year deal.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He must be conflicted. Go to the place with the best opportunity to win, or stay with the teammates that are sacrificing big time to keep you. Honestly, I would love to have LeBron here, but I would really have to respect his loyalty if he stays.

My guess is that if he stays, it will only be a one year deal.

reports are a one or two year deal.

KloD

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don;t know if anyone else has mentioned this, BUT James took a LOT of crap over the way he handled his last free agency. A LOT! Maybe this time rather than just cutting ties and taking off, he's playing this "give Riley time" game so that if he leaves he can say he gave Miami every chance. I'm sure if he leaves that he wants to be able to point at the situation and say, i gave them what I could and they couldn't help me so I need to go. If he just left people could say he didn't give them a chance to improve.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LeBron wouldn't encourage the Heat on which draft pick to make and then leave now, would he? Inconceivable!

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Breaking: LeBron James Leaning Toward Joining Al-Qaeda

http://www.theonion.com/articles/br...lMarketing&utm_campaign=LinkPreview:1:Default

After viewing its latest pitch highlighting all he could accomplish with its organization, NBA power forward LeBron James confirmed Tuesday that he is currently leaning toward joining the militant Islamic group Al-Qaeda. “I’ve been doing my due diligence, and right now I’m really interested in [Al-Qaeda leader] Ayman al-Zawahiri’s vision and what he has already built over there,” said James, adding that while he has also considered offers from terrorist organizations such as Boko Haram and the Taliban, he believes heading to Al-Qaeda remains his best opportunity to defeat the West in the immediate future.

:D

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Breaking: LeBron James Leaning Toward Joining Al-Qaeda

http://www.theonion.com/articles/br...lMarketing&utm_campaign=LinkPreview:1:Default

After viewing its latest pitch highlighting all he could accomplish with its organization, NBA power forward LeBron James confirmed Tuesday that he is currently leaning toward joining the militant Islamic group Al-Qaeda. “I’ve been doing my due diligence, and right now I’m really interested in [Al-Qaeda leader] Ayman al-Zawahiri’s vision and what he has already built over there,” said James, adding that while he has also considered offers from terrorist organizations such as Boko Haram and the Taliban, he believes heading to Al-Qaeda remains his best opportunity to defeat the West in the immediate future.

:D

LOL. I'm sure that's going to offend someone but in the meantime I think I'll just chuckle.

Steve

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
wtf another day of waiting???

this is a little ridiculous now, the entire league and its fans (azsf) are being held hostage.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
wtf another day of waiting???

this is a little ridiculous now, the entire league and its fans (azsf) are being held hostage.

Cmon. Its his life. Its not like the world is stopping for everyone else or something. LeBron's timetable shouldn't be based on fan impatience.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cmon. Its his life. Its not like the world is stopping for everyone else or something. LeBron's timetable shouldn't be based on fan impatience.

woa...i should have inserted the sarcasm emoticon or something.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
there were meetings today, just not with Riley.

Last edited:

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
And after LeBron flips Riley the bird, he should drive 3.5 hours south to PHX and sign with the Suns.

....one can only hope.....

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So there's a 10% chance then. . .

No, I think the 10% chance is for Miami. He's going to Cleveland. It stuns me. I didn't think he'd consider it given Gilbert's letter and public comments but the guy isn't too thrilled with Riley and Arison either so I guess he had to settle one way or the other.

I think there are people that grow up in the East that long to go west every day of their lives. But those that don't, probably can't fathom living in the West. I think Lebron and his wife fall in that group. The desert is a foreign country as far as they're concerned - just my guess.

Steve

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, I think the 10% chance is for Miami. He's going to Cleveland. It stuns me. I didn't think he'd consider it given Gilbert's letter and public comments but the guy isn't too thrilled with Riley and Arison either so I guess he had to settle one way or the other.

LeBron didn't have the GUTS to stay with the Heat!

KloD

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If this plays out as claimed, of the two teams I did not want Lebron to end up with, the Lakers and Cavs, it figures he goes to one. Lakers have had too many big name/top talent fall into their laps and I just freaking hate that team and Kobe. The Cavs, sad pathetic organization. They have been so freaking lucky and have accomplished nothing, I mean nothing. To luck into Wiggins and get Lebron back in the same off season. Just makes me want to puke. Personally, I don't think much of Kyrie Irving. Overrated IMO and not a great fit for Lebron. I know I sound bitter, I suppose I am, but not because he didn't (appears to be the case) pick the Suns, but because I hate the Cavs and they just don't deserve all this luck falling into their laps. Ok Suns, what next?

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake