Lebron Opts Out/Becomes Free Agent

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Its fascinating watching teams like Miami immolate themselves over the POSSIBILITY of getting/retaining LeBron.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rumor:

Cavs make offer for K Love that includes Wiggins.

Darren Wolfson ‏@DarrenWolfson 8m
Let the hysteria continue >>> RT @ESPNCleveland: .@TheRealTRizzo w/ a huge rumor: Cavs have made offer to Wolves for Love. Includes Wiggins.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So that means there is a chance... no matter how slight... Lebron.... Suns.

I don't see it. This Love/Wiggins trade rumor started circulating a week ago as part of their Lebron sales pitch.

Steve

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where is Gambo when we need him? I guess he just breaks the big news.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Rumor:

Cavs make offer for K Love that includes Wiggins.

Hmm. Kyrie, Allen, LeBron, Love, Varajao. Plus Mike Miller. Interesting. You give a team what four overall number one picks in one generation and there is chance that even the most inept mgmt and ownership can put together a team.

HooverDam

Reaction score
The most God Hates Cleveland scenario:

Cavs trade Wiggins to Wolves for Love.

LeBron ends up resigning in Miami (or goes somewhere else).

Love leads the Cavs to a 7/8 seed, but is still miserable and leaves after a year.

EDIT: Also I think its hilarious that there is now news that the Cavs are pursuing Ray Allen, Mike Miller and James Jones. "Hey LeBron, remember the bench scraps that couldn't help you win in Miami- they're with us now!"

Now of course, the rest of Clevelands team w/ Kyrie, et al is better, but it still seems a bit silly.

Last edited:

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
James has already committed to Cleveland. He's delaying the announcement until his camp can tell all of the rejected suitors in person.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
James has already committed to Cleveland. He's delaying the announcement until his camp can tell all of the rejected suitors in person.

http://www.wkyc.com/story/sports/nb...n-james-to-announce-decision-online/12396235/

CLEVELAND -- Unlike four years ago, LeBron James won't be holding an ESPN special to reveal where he's playing basketball next.

Instead, the Akron-born NBA sensation will make the big announcement on his own Web site.

Speculation continues to swirl on whether LeBron will be back in a Cavs uniform or if he will stick with the Miami Heat.

Many hopefuls point to his return to Cleveland after looking at LeBronJames.com where there are a pair of large Akron references. The first is a quote that's in all caps and prominently placed on the homepage. It declares: "Just a kid from Akron, Ohio." His hometown is also showcased in a picture of LeBron wearing a hat with "Akron" plastered across the front.

Could these be hints that LeBron will make a Cleveland comeback?

Basketball insider Chris Sheridan sent social media into a firestorm after posting the following tweet Tuesday night: "Plugged in source says 90 percent chance @KingJames returns to #Cavs. …

oh ya!

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the Cavs want to give away Bennett, I'd stand in line for it if I were the Suns. He was always going to be a first year bust. Now, an extra year removed from his surgery, is the time to start judging his potential. If he's in shape, and I'd bet he is, you'll see a much better prospect than the 2013 version who came into camp overweight and not fully healed. I don't know if he'll ever be worth the number 1 pick but he has NBA level talent.

Steve

chickenhead

Reaction score
none of that is legal under the cba

Of course not... But I think Lebron is worth too much to just be going back to Cleveland (if it happens) to rehab an image that has actually been rehabbed pretty well. I wouldn't be surprised if assurances have been made in some form or another.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If the Cavs want to give away Bennett, I'd stand in line for it if I were the Suns. He was always going to be a first year bust. Now, an extra year removed from his surgery, is the time to start judging his potential. If he's in shape, and I'd bet he is, you'll see a much better prospect than the 2013 version who came into camp overweight and not fully healed. I don't know if he'll ever be worth the number 1 pick but he has NBA level talent.

Steve

We could just take him from them. Even give them the Minnesota pick or something.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Steve

Absolutely. If memory serves me correctly, we might have been one of the very few having Bennett being drafted by the Suns at #5 in the 2013 draft. We will never know if the Suns would have kept up their end of the bargain.

:p

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Of course not... But I think Lebron is worth too much to just be going back to Cleveland (if it happens) to rehab an image that has actually been rehabbed pretty well. I wouldn't be surprised if assurances have been made in some form or another.

I would. It's just too risky.

I don't think he's going back to Cleveland just to rehab his image. I don't think he had all that many great options and Ohio holds more positives than the other choices, even with the great big Gilbert negative. His wife wants to go back, his "group" wants to go back and he does too. There isn't an ideal situation waiting for him anywhere but Cleveland has good young talent with a chance to have a sustained run.

Steve

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would. It's just too risky.

I don't think he's going back to Cleveland just to rehab his image. I don't think he had all that many great options and Ohio holds more positives than the other choices, even with the great big Gilbert negative. His wife wants to go back, his "group" wants to go back and he does too. There isn't an ideal situation waiting for him anywhere but Cleveland has good young talent with a chance to have a sustained run.

Steve

I think it was Bickley that said that LeBron actually had focus groups commissioned that proved that his image would be substantially improved by going back to Cleveland and it would mean huge increases in future income even after basketball.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it was Bickley that said that LeBron actually had focus groups commissioned that proved that his image would be substantially improved by going back to Cleveland and it would mean huge increases in future income even after basketball.

Interesting. I didn't know that. I guess I could see it being part of a rehab process then if it's really going to help his brand universally.

Steve

chickenhead

Reaction score
If he goes back to Cleveland, he should be more cautious this time and promise them "not a quarter of a championship....not a third, not a half...not three-guarters..."

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So that means there is a chance... no matter how slight... Lebron.... Suns.

wha? why? if anything, I think that signals the Cavs are going to make a move to entice James to come with win NOW stars because that Cavs team as currently constructed, isn't set up to win, regardless of what I believe to be your incredibly confusing comment that he'd be riding the backs of the talent that together won 27 games last year.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
wha? why? if anything, I think that signals the Cavs are going to make a move to entice James to come with win NOW stars because that Cavs team as currently constructed, isn't set up to win, regardless of what I believe to be your incredibly confusing comment that he'd be riding the backs of the talent that together won 27 games last year.

What if they do pull of some moves and it doesn't work? Wow...can't wait to see the drama unfold.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake