Lebron Opts Out/Becomes Free Agent

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Supporting Member
Reaction score
McDonough is a mastermind if he had this in the back of his head when he traded for Bledsoe.

:D

One thing we can all agree on, LeBron won't be having a one hour special to reveal his decision. The Decision II would be hilarious.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Can't wait to have Kevin Love and LeBron waiting for Melo to dish it back to them in Suns uniforms next year!

:p

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Not to upset the Dragic fanboys but Lebron opting out could increase the possibility of the Suns including Dragic in an offer for Love to get it done.

Dragic and Lakers 2015 pick for Love

Then you can recruit Lebron with Bledsoe and Love while also keeping the Morri, Green, Plumlee etc as role players.

Plumlee/Len
Love/Morris
Lebron/Tucker/Morris
Green/Goodwin
Bledsoe/???

or Dragic, Morris, Morris for Love

Frye/Plumlee/Len
Love/(Frye)
Lebron/Tucker
Green/Goodwin
Bledsoe/??

In a perfect world we would of course still get Minnesota to accept Morris, Morris, Green, #14, #18, #27, Lakers 2015, Minnesota 2015, Suns 2015

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I think the Suns would work hard on getting Lebron, not just because he may make a difference on the team but think of the media circus, the amount of ticket sales they would have, jersey sales. They would make a ton just having him in a Suns jersey.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not to upset the Dragic fanboys but Lebron opting out could increase the possibility of the Suns including Dragic in an offer for Love to get it done.

Then you can recruit Lebron with Bledsoe and Love while also keeping the Morri, Green, Plumlee etc as role players.

Plumlee/Len
Love/Morris
Lebron/Tucker/Morris
Green/Goodwin
Bledsoe/???

Frye/Plumlee/Len
Love/(Frye)
Lebron/Tucker
Green/Goodwin
Bledsoe/??

In a perfect world we would of course still get Minnesota to accept Morris, Morris, Green, #14, #18, #27, Lakers 2015, Minnesota 2015, Suns 2015

That team is a legit title contender for the next 4 years.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I think the Suns would work hard on getting Lebron, not just because he may make a difference on the team but think of the media circus, the amount of ticket sales they would have, jersey sales. They would make a ton just having him in a Suns jersey.

All 30 teams are going to evaluate their current roster/cap situation and make a contingency plan if/when LeBron shows interest.

Even if the chances are slim, I want McDonough to shoot for the moon. Hell, the sh!tty Clippers were in the running in 2010.

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11128345/nba-teams-gear-runs-lebron-james-carmelo-anthony

Says cavs/hawks looking at getting enough cap space to get both lebron/melo. Suns also one of few teams that could do it.

Zero chance it happens, but at least suns have options. if lebron goes to a third nba team to get a ring, that will really stain his legacy as a ring chaser.

Only place it is ok if he goes back to cleveland. So basically at end of career he will be seen as a cavalier, who had a short stop in miami. i could see them both going to cleveland

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Plumlee/Len
Love/Morris
Lebron/Tucker/Morris
Green/Goodwin
Bledsoe/???

Frye/Plumlee/Len
Love/(Frye)
Lebron/Tucker
Green/Goodwin
Bledsoe/??

nobody would object to trading dragic for love, if it meant lebron would come too

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11128345/nba-teams-gear-runs-lebron-james-carmelo-anthony

Says cavs/hawks looking at getting enough cap space to get both lebron/melo. Suns also one of few teams that could do it.

Zero chance it happens, but at least suns have options. if lebron goes to a third nba team to get a ring, that will really stain his legacy as a ring chaser.

Only place it is ok if he goes back to cleveland. So basically at end of career he will be seen as a cavalier, who had a short stop in miami. i could see them both going to cleveland

I do think that LeBron back to Cleveland is the most likely scenario. He cares about what people think of him, and I think he was genuinely surprised at how hurt the Cleveland fans were when he left. He knew pretty soon that the way he did it made it worse. The greatest redemption is to go back home.

Cleveland can trade that #1 pick for Love. They can clear cap space for LeBron. Kyrie, Love, LeBron.

They can also trade that pick to Utah for Favors and the #5 and pick up someone like Stauskas (or trade down a few more spots and still get him). Kyrie, Favors, LeBron, Stauskas plus the other young guns the Cavs have.

Cleveland has to be the favorite.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Oh, on a side note. Let's just say that LeBron really wants to play for Cleveland AND he wants Bledsoe. What would Cleveland trade to the Suns to, in the end, get Bledsoe AND LeBron? Wouldn't that be worth, say, the #1 pick in the draft to them?

This could be done. Bledsoe would be willing. It could be a sign and trade, but it really could all be worked out before the draft.

The possibilities right now are endless.

Last edited:

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score

Disagree. It's actually the opposite.

Even if he accomplishes nothing else, his legacy will be as a four-time MVP winner, two-time finals MVP winner, and the most complete player to lace them up since Oscar Robertson (last player to average a triple double). Cleveland provided no opportunities for him to succeed. He would've never gotten a ring there. Kobe wanted out of LA before Kupcheck stepped up and got Gasol. Jordan contemplated leaving before Pippen and Phil got there.

As for Miami, I think he's going to give them every opportunity to build a roster before leaving for another team. What doesn't help Miami is Riley's acoustic speech during that press conference. That might leave a sour taste in his mouth.

Hell, why not go to a situation that provides opportunities to improve upon his legacy? Miami is the blueprint on how to plummet after success. After they won the championship, they were at best a fringe playoff team, and even had a 15-67 record.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score

I can respect a ring chaser. Better than a guy who chases the money instead. Cough, Dansby, cough.

KloD

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Just an FYI. They can't trade this years and next years #1's. It would have to be 2016 or another pick.

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Ok since we can live in fantasy world until free agency starts, the suns i think are the only team that could put together love, melo and lebron.

Suns trade dragic/morris twins/all picks this year for love. Minnesota does that deal in a heartbeat.

With bledsoe's cap hold, love, green, len,plum,goodwin, puts you about 32 million under the cap. If you need to you can just give away green/len to get to 39, near max for lebron/melo.

I think i know what it feels like to be dummy bill simmons now.

KloD

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I knew that as soon as I read about this it would result in every team board going ballistic on how their team has a chance to get him. :)

The Suns would be a great option for him, but I doubt he'll consider it. Oh well, this should be a fun offseason to watch. I hope the Suns come out of it with an improved team, not just Tucker and Frye resigned. Fingers crossed.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
hmmm what better way to get revenge on the Spurs than being in a Suns uniform this coming year?

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can respect a ring chaser. Better than a guy who chases the money instead. Cough, Dansby, cough.

The NFL is a meat market. I'm okay with whatever the "meat" does to improve it's bloody future.

Steve

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I knew that as soon as I read about this it would result in every team board going ballistic on how their team has a chance to get him. :)

The Suns would be a great option for him, but I doubt he'll consider it. Oh well, this should be a fun offseason to watch. I hope the Suns come out of it with an improved team, not just Tucker and Frye resigned. Fingers crossed.

+1

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Just an FYI. They can't trade this years and next years #1's. It would have to be 2016 or another pick.

The rule is that you can't go consecutive future years without a 1st round pick. On draft day this year they could theoretically trade all 3 of this years picks, next years pick and the rights to the Twolves and Lakers pick.