LeBron: Suns got "something special" in Bledsoe

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
LeBron James said that the Suns got "something special" in Eric Bledsoe.

LeBron is obviously much better at playing basketball than he is at evaluating talent, but he's not going out on a limb here. The Suns getting Bledsoe may be the best trade of the 2013 offseason and even though they already have a proven point guard in Goran Dragic, he should get plenty of minutes. We wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see Bledsoe break out in his first year in Phoenix.

http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/nba/1734/eric-bledsoe

Also:

You must be registered for see images

#rp Wit my lil bro @ebled12 lastnight. Phx got them something special in him #Klutch #Rollwiththewinners #Strive4Greatness

http://instagram.com/p/c1nVdniTFX/#

Can't wait to see Bledsoe play in starter's mins! Maybe he recruits LBJ to PHX next summer ;) jk lol.

OP
OP
sunsfan88

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
BTW, I know football season is starting up but still, this place is DEAD!

Errntknght

Reaction score
BTW, I know football season is starting up but still, this place is DEAD!

Where is Irish when you need him? Other summers you could always depend on him for a bundle of new threads... even much ado about nothing is better than stony silence, I guess...

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Irish has been MIA for, what, a few years now?

This forum has never been super-active, but it's especially dead at the moment because there's is basically zero going on with the Suns right now.

Also, side note, I'm surprised the forum overall isn't losing traffic. The GIANT FREAKING ADS are a great way to drive people away and deter new members from joining. I've got no problems with ads, but they are seriously over the top here.

Neo

Red Tape Sorter
Reaction score
It's not just that nothing is going on. So much seems to be on hold or in a waiting status.

We are waiting to find out what happens to Beasley.
We are waiting to see if Frye will be able to play again.
We are waiting to see how Len and Gortat heal.
We are waiting to see how Dragic and Bledsoe play together in the same backcourt.
We are waiting to see how Goodwin does against actual NBA competition, (Summer league does not count.)
We are waiting to see how Hornececk pans out as a coach.

There will be much to discuss and argue about in once by the time the preseason starts, but for right now everything seems to be in a holding pattern.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Irish has been MIA for, what, a few years now?

This forum has never been super-active, but it's especially dead at the moment because there's is basically zero going on with the Suns right now.

Also, side note, I'm surprised the forum overall isn't losing traffic. The GIANT FREAKING ADS are a great way to drive people away and deter new members from joining. I've got no problems with ads, but they are seriously over the top here.

Get ad block plus, its a free add-on with firefox. I've never seen ads on here, if not for others complaining about them I wouldnt know they exist.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Get ad block plus, its a free add-on with firefox. I've never seen ads on here, if not for others complaining about them I wouldnt know they exist.

The only trouble with Adblock Plus for Firefox is it blocks some of my internet games from playing. Thus I have succumbed to the ads. I get ads on this forum because I disabled it but I tend to ignore them.

My recollection is that Irish received a lot of undue criticism for some of his threads. However, I always welcomed them because something to talk about is better than nothing.

Goran Dragic got revenge for his ejection in an exhibition game against Turkey on 8-4-13 by hitting a game winner on Saturday. See link below.

http://www.azcentral.com/insiders/paulcoro/2013/08/12/the-dragon-strikes-back-hits-game-winner/

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't mind the ads so much except now they make the site pretty much unusable with my ipad. It's their choice, if they want to drive away members it's not hard to do. I've never had a problem with the ads before, I even click on them to support the site but the past several months the ads have become a much bigger problem (for me, anyway). I'm not sure thye've had much to do with our lack of traffic though. I'd blame that more on the abysmal performance of the local teams.

Steve

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't mind the ads so much except now they make the site pretty much unusable with my ipad. It's their choice, if they want to drive away members it's not hard to do. I've never had a problem with the ads before, I even click on them to support the site but the past several months the ads have become a much bigger problem (for me, anyway). I'm not sure thye've had much to do with our lack of traffic though. I'd blame that more on the abysmal performance of the local teams.

Steve

Just curious, my forum screen shrinks in my laptop window when I navigate the site before signing in and prior to posting. However, when I sign in, I get the fullscreen. It's not a major thing because I usually sign in, but I can see a partial screen might be a hindrance to visitors. Without being signed in, I have to use the scroll bar at the bottom of the page. I'm wondering if we are having a similar problem.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just curious, my forum screen shrinks in my laptop window when I navigate the site before signing in and prior to posting. However, when I sign in, I get the fullscreen. It's not a major thing because I usually sign in, but I can see a partial screen might be a hindrance to visitors. Without being signed in, I have to use the scroll bar at the bottom of the page. I'm wondering if we are having a similar problem.

I'm signed in on my ipad all the time but for no apparent reason it shrinks my screen at times and just as I start to click someplace sometimes an ad will pop up and I'll end up following the ad unintentionally. They keep popping up everywhere and even after I stretch my screen out it will frequently shrink back to half it's size again. It's a real problem for me because I can barely read the letters when I've got a full screen, when it's down to half sized I just have to guess what I'm looking at. All this is fairly recent for me, I use to have no problems.

Steve

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm signed in on my ipad all the time but for no apparent reason it shrinks my screen at times and just as I start to click someplace sometimes an ad will pop up and I'll end up following the ad unintentionally. They keep popping up everywhere and even after I stretch my screen out it will frequently shrink back to half it's size again. It's a real problem for me because I can barely read the letters when I've got a full screen, when it's down to half sized I just have to guess what I'm looking at. All this is fairly recent for me, I use to have no problems.

Steve

They're called reading glasses, Steve. :p

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They're called reading glasses, Steve. :p

Yeah, even with them I'm struggling. I'm probably not helping myself by spending so much time reading on my kindle or using my computer. Eye strain and age are really taking a toll on them I guess.

Steve

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score

I have an ad blocker for Chrome. But I've seen the forum without it enabled and it's just crazy.

Anyway, I don't really want to go off topic and vent too much. Been a member here for 10 years now, and would like to remain one. ;)

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Steve

I think we can agree there are some formatting issues on forum sites that are new, that shrink the readable screen. I hope someone looks into it. My hunch is it is related to advertisement. I do not know why they cannot coexist in a less intrusive way. IMO, this especially would be a turnoff for new readers and posters such as yourself using a device such as an ipad.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
If you are bored let it be known that I just read an article on another board that talks about the waning days for the 3 classy spurs

I had a simple question about what Ginobli was doing on any list of classy players .... you'd think some spurs fans thought I tortured their puppy ...... even to the point of saying that he doesn't flop that much

Now that is offseason insanity

ProdigalSun

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Steve

Yeah I have the same issue using an ipad...pretty annoying

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I understand and I was about to become a contributor again when these problem first started. Now, I'd feel a little scummy giving money to a site that was willing to treat people this way. Get rid of the ads and announce that you are a pay site only and I'll gladly kick in my yearly dues but this apparent technique of manipulating the supposedly welcomed free visitors into either leaving or becoming a paid member irritates me. Granted, these problems could just be unintentional but they've gone on for quite awhile now and each day they continue lessens that possibility. Just my two cents.

As for Lebron's comments about Bledsoe, he may not be GM material but I'd have to believe he's got a pretty good understanding of talent when he plays against it.

Steve

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Any options besides Paypal?

Also I understand there is a Paypal account that is linked to one's checking account and one that is linked to a credit card. Does ASFN accept the one linked to a credit card. The latter would be more acceptable.

Personally, I like to choose my own payment device which does not seem to be an option.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any options besides Paypal?

Also I understand there is a Paypal account that is linked to one's checking account and one that is linked to a credit card. Does ASFN accept the one linked to a credit card. The latter would be more acceptable.

Personally, I like to choose my own payment device which does not seem to be an option.

Yeah, I'd agree. I'd much rather just mail in a check.

Steve

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake