LeBron: Suns got "something special" in Bledsoe

Errntknght

Reaction score
Sorry to return to the original topic.

What I'm wondering is what are people envisioning when they talk about Bledsoe 'breaking out' with more playing time. Are they expecting a big jump in his assist rate? Or perhaps Ast/TO ratio? Both of those are decidedly low for a top flight PG but when Paul was out, he got approx double the minutes with no change in those stats. His scoring went up but his scoring rate stayed the same. His big breakout last year was lifting his 3pt shooting to 40% - he cut back on his attempts so maybe that was mainly due to better shot selection. It was great and I hope it continues whatever the reason.

I can imagine teaming with Dragic having a synergistic effect, especially with the team focussing on fastbreak basketball (uptempo). Frankly I think Goran will benefit as much or more than Eric - with help running the team hopefully his defense returns, and Eric should inspire him in that regard. With PJ at SF we could have a very disruptive defense and PJ does get out the break well, too.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like Bledsoe, but he fouls so often, I don't know how many more minutes he can improve upon his 20 MPG last year. Fouls once every 7.5 minutes. That's the cost of the kind of defense he plays. I know the math looks like he can play 30, but it's really more like 25 and then he has to stop playing defense. He loses quite a bit of his value after his 3rd foul.

OP
OP
sunsfan88

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I like Bledsoe, but he fouls so often, I don't know how many more minutes he can improve upon his 20 MPG last year. Fouls once every 7.5 minutes. That's the cost of the kind of defense he plays. I know the math looks like he can play 30, but it's really more like 25 and then he has to stop playing defense. He loses quite a bit of his value after his 3rd foul.
I think he fouls so much cause he knows he's just a bench player who is supposed to bring energy and be aggressive. I don't think he really cared about his fouls cause he knows he's only gonna be on the court for a little bit anyways.

That mentality should change when he becomes a starter. I think he will control his aggressiveness just fine knowing that he can't rack up fouls while being a starter and all.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Your math is a tad off... averaged 1.5 fouls in 20.4 minutes, thats once every 13 minutes. He actually fouls at a lower rate than Dragic.

jf-08

chohan
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any options besides Paypal?

Also I understand there is a Paypal account that is linked to one's checking account and one that is linked to a credit card. Does ASFN accept the one linked to a credit card. The latter would be more acceptable.

Personally, I like to choose my own payment device which does not seem to be an option.

They do take the credit card option.

jf-08

chohan
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I understand and I was about to become a contributor again when these problem first started. Now, I'd feel a little scummy giving money to a site that was willing to treat people this way. Get rid of the ads and announce that you are a pay site only and I'll gladly kick in my yearly dues but this apparent technique of manipulating the supposedly welcomed free visitors into either leaving or becoming a paid member irritates me. Granted, these problems could just be unintentional but they've gone on for quite awhile now and each day they continue lessens that possibility. Just my two cents.

Steve

The site does need to generate revenue in order to remain open.

It is unfortunate that ads are a part of it, but being a closed - pay only site will severely limit the traffic. If you have any questions for the owners of the site, let me know and I can pass it along.

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Your math is a tad off... averaged 1.5 fouls in 20.4 minutes, thats once every 13 minutes. He actually fouls at a lower rate than Dragic.
Yeah, he's been averaging 1.5 fouls per game the last two years (and 1.6 his rookie season), whether he was playing 10 mpg or 20 mpg. Minutes played had no effect on his foul rate so far, which tells me he knows when to be aggressive on defense and when to lay off a bit to avoid getting in foul trouble.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dont see any ads on tapatalk :shrug:

Nor enough to drive me away on my computer - not sure what everyone is seeing.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I dont see any ads on tapatalk :shrug:

Nor enough to drive me away on my computer - not sure what everyone is seeing.

I am using tapatalk a lot now because it load so much faster. The huge ads load so slow on ie I just get frustrated. It's only happening with this forum. Doesn't happen on .net or realgm.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The site does need to generate revenue in order to remain open.

It is unfortunate that ads are a part of it, but being a closed - pay only site will severely limit the traffic. If you have any questions for the owners of the site, let me know and I can pass it along.

I understand it needs to generate revenues and I have no problem with viewing ads or with being a contributor. But, the ads or perhaps the way the ads are being presented for the past several months are incredibly intrusive, at least on an ipad. I've never had this kind of problem with any site before. I'm not sure what has changed but it's a real nightmare trying to view this site from my tablet. For the first time in my life I've had to invent new swear words and for a long time Suns and Cards fan that's saying something. Sorry about the OT, I'll take it elsewhere after this post.

Steve

Errntknght

Reaction score

Gad must be remembering his 11-12 season when he did foul at an abnormally high rate - 1 per 8 minutes. Very small sample size, too, under 500 total minutes for the year.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gad must be remembering his 11-12 season when he did foul at an abnormally high rate - 1 per 8 minutes. Very small sample size, too, under 500 total minutes for the year.

Yeah, I got cross-eyed and looked at old stats. Apologies for the confusion.

OP
OP
sunsfan88

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Miami Heat’s LeBron James: Injured Phoenix Sun Eric Bledsoe is like ‘family’

The Miami Heat’s stop in Phoenix for Tuesday night’s game is also a chance for LeBron James to check in on family.

James considers injured Suns point guard Eric Bledsoe to be family.

Their close relationship was apparent this off-season when he tweeted a photo of them out together and wrote, “Phx got them something special in him.”

James made Bledsoe the only non-Heat player in a Samsung commercial, with that same photo appearing to show Bledsoe calling James.

I take care of family,” James said of insisting that Bledsoe be in the commercial.

James said he is a regular source of on-court and off-court advice for Bledsoe, who will be a restricted free agent in July. They share the same agent, James’ longtime friend Rich Paul.

“Very close,” James, 29, said of his relationship with Bledsoe, 23. “I’ve been knowing him since he was in high school. And then he went off to Kentucky. I have some great ties at Kentucky, so I had an opportunity to have a good relationship with him. It just stuck from there. We’re represented by the same guy, and we’re in the same company (Klutch Sports Group). He’s like a little brother of mine. I wish him the best getting back healthy. I know he misses the game, but Phoenix got a good one in having him.

“It (coming to Phoenix) allowed him to flourish, spread his wings. Obviously, he learned a lot under Chris Paul the last couple years. Coming here allowed him to use everything he got from Chris Paul and kind of do the things that he’s been learning over the last couple years and flourish. Up until the injury, he was showing what he was capable of doing. I know he’s excited to get back on the floor when he gets healthy.”

Bledsoe’s availability to comment has been limited since his Jan. 10 knee surgery. He could not be asked about James this week.
The Suns expect Bledsoe to return this season, although Bledsoe has not assured that.

“He’s got a lot of basketball and a lot of knowledge to continue to learn,” James said.

“You’re going to learn over the course of the years and over the course of every game that you play. One thing about it is he’s a student of the game. He loves to play and to practice. Any kid that’s like a gym rat is always going to improve.”

Read the rest here:

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/sun...-eric-bledsoe-like-family.html?nclick_check=1
Quite the glowing endorsement from the King. I think its pretty neat that the best basketball player in the world and our starting guard are like family.

TucsonDevil

Good to be back!
Reaction score
Quite the glowing endorsement from the King. I think its pretty neat that the best basketball player in the world and our starting guard are like family.

I wish they would've asked/he would've answered regarding Bledsoe's intentions this off-season...

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
I wish they would've asked/he would've answered regarding Bledsoe's intentions this off-season...

Yeah. James's comments almost sounded like a recruiting effort.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

OP
OP
sunsfan88

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Yeah. James's comments almost sounded like a recruiting effort.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Miami doesn't have the cap space for Bledsoe assuming that they will bring at least Wade and LBJ back.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
wade keeps declining each year. i wonder if the heat keep him at all.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Bledsoe?

Didn't he used to play for the Suns???

Catlover

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Bledsoe?

Didn't he used to play for the Suns???

I remember him. My Grampa used to talk about Bledsoe and that great Suns team that won 5 straight championships with him and some guy named The Dragon. They must have been something special together. Hey, didn't he also make the NBA 100th Anniversary Top 100?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake