Leinart signs!!! (merged)

seesred

Reaction score
I just had a drink to celerbrate that I don't have to sign on to ASFN every two seconds or so. Everyone should cheer big time for this player and welcome him. He has to do what he has to do signing his first contract. I think everyone did their job. The Cards, Graves, Denny and Mr. B and family. As well as Matts two agents and I'm sure his folks. Matt if you read any of this stuff..I'm mighty glad your on board.

GBR

justAndy

Jolly Nihilist
Reaction score
going contrarian, i'm wondering about the number of college QB Heismann winners that did NOTHING in the men's league...
I do hope he catches rookie hell from the vets and pays his dues like EVERY other rookie.
I've got a little jaundiced eye towards Hollywood Matt.
I've no insults to direct at other posters.
I like Kerouac9 BECAUSE so many dislike him.
I liked meeting NEM, for gosh sakes...

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
The repercussions from Saturday. Everyone is ignoring you.

Of course they've been ignoring me for years.

:D

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I'm certain that Larry, Anquan, and Edge have something special cooked up to haze Matty. I hope he brings his singing voice to Flagstaff.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
kerouac9 said:
I'm certain that Larry, Anquan, and Edge have something special cooked up to haze Matty. I hope he brings his singing voice to Flagstaff.

Edge says he doesn't do that kind of thing but I'm sure the rest of them have something cooked up

jmr667

Random Poster
Reaction score
anytimeuwnt said:
[Under the Arizona proposal sent to Condon on Sunday, Leinart could have played every snap in his first three seasons, been injured in his fourth year and unable to play, and would not have realized any of the escalators in the deal.
]

So the hold out was all about how much money he was going to get paid if he did not play after 3 years? Excuse my lack of sympathy for a guy who is going to get paid a minimum of $14 million, but....

:barf:

I mean I still hope he can help the Cards win a ton of games. But as a person he looks like a real #$*@#* at the moment.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
jmr667 said:
So the hold out was all about how much money he was going to get paid if he did not play after 3 years? Excuse my lack of sympathy for a guy who is going to get paid a minimum of $14 million, but....

I mean I still hope he can help the Cards win a ton of games. But as a person he looks like a real #$*@#* at the moment.

No, it's about how a guy realizes the escalators in the contract. To be able to start every game for 3 years as a rookie and not realize any of the incentives in a contract is basically unheard of.

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
MaoTosiFanClub said:
I hope not. Because deep down I hate the Cardinals despite my merchandise, tickets, thousands of hours and posts on this website.:rolleyes:

Don't be a sissy. You usually have well thought out posts, but now you are just being ridiculous.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
jmr667 said:

Nope, he looks like a guy who hired a good agent to look out for him.

Exactly what I or anyone with any business acumen would do.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
D-Dogg said:
Nope, he looks like a guy who hired a good agent to look out for him.

Exactly what I or anyone with any business acumen would do.

Condon's a ton better than Ricky Williams first agent, I could have negotiated a better deal for him than he got.

I'd say let's just use last years number 1 deal and add 25% to everything, or your whole draft is going to return to his hemp roots post haste.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Over on the USC board I've been reading they're all saying that this proves the Cards were lowballing Leinart and Green lied about the offer to Matt. I pointed out the guy got the 4th best deal which sort of implies he just wasn't willing to take #10 money, and the reply I get is "the rumor is the Cards were offering only 2 million in guaranteed money before this latest offer."

I just love people who pull numbers out of thin air and declare them "rumors".

mesacardsfan

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I think Leinart was almost forced to sign now that Green exposed the offer he was given.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
conraddobler said:
Condon's a ton better than Ricky Williams first agent, I could have negotiated a better deal for him than he got.

Wasn't master P or someone like that Ricky's agent back then?

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Russ Smith said:
Over on the USC board I've been reading they're all saying that this proves the Cards were lowballing Leinart and Green lied about the offer to Matt. I pointed out the guy got the 4th best deal which sort of implies he just wasn't willing to take #10 money, and the reply I get is "the rumor is the Cards were offering only 2 million in guaranteed money before this latest offer."

I just love people who pull numbers out of thin air and declare them "rumors".

Yeah it's easy to say same ole Cardinals, I remember when the Chiefs had a problem with their first pick a few years back, an OT from BYU, I forget his name, Carl Peterson turned purple and started dropping the F bomb on a Mormon, it was quite funny.

It's easy to paint us as the bad guy, DG came out swinging and basically said, hey I've been around, I've seen the deal, it aint management and miraculously it's done hours later..... hmmmm.

Last edited:

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
D-Dogg said:
Wasn't master P or someone like that Ricky's agent back then?

It was some record industry guy yeah, his escalators were a total joke, it was the worst #1 contract in the modern era, just awful considering the team traded their whole draft for the pick.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
conraddobler said:
Yeah it's easy to say same ole Cardinals, I remember when the Chiefs had a problem with their first pick a few years back, an OT from BYU, I forget his name, Carl Peterson turned purple and started dropping the F bomb on a Mormon, it was quite funny.

It's easy to paint us as the bad guy, DG came out swinging and basically said, hey I've been around, I've seen the deal, it aint management and miraculously it's done hours later..... hmmmm.

It was John Tait. I remember that draft well. That was when we had two picks. Someone was even posting as "Tait at 8". Conventional wisdom was we'd take Tait (who Fergy loved) and Kevin Johnson later in the first round. But, we took Boston and Shelton. Shelton held out for three games of the regular season. The Cards not only docked his pay for those games, they prorated his bonus out over every single check on that deal!

Makes the Leinart negotiations look downright touchy feely!

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
ajcardfan said:
It was John Tait. I remember that draft well. That was when we had two picks. Someone was even posting as "Tait at 8". Conventional wisdom was we'd take Tait (who Fergy loved) and Kevin Johnson later in the first round. But, we took Boston and Shelton. Shelton held out for three games of the regular season. The Cards not only docked his pay for those games, they prorated his bonus out over every single check on that deal!

Makes the Leinart negotiations look downright touchy feely!

It was him, I laughed and laughed at the media here about that one, Peterson just dug in and refused to give the guy fair value, basically saying I'm the Chiefs GM and you're signing you rookie snot.

It was comical and it goes on all the time, ask Ernie Sims, he got railroaded.

But of course it's just us, the one that pays higher than slot value and caves to get glory boy a miracle 10 spot deal.

BTW, if he plays well, I'm all for it... no hard feelings Matt, unless you stink...:thumbup:

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
conraddobler said:
Really if you've watched this team for years like I have it's time to start getting excited.

All those years of false optimisim that comes with being a fan, where you had 50 what if's to get to a point you thought you might actually be competitive.

Now we are down to two or three, that's huge progress.

My Kool Aid mater is on 100, just I no to be cautious things can get brutal, I really in my hearst feel things will be way better, just being Devils advocate, dont talk too the Pitvher when he is pitching the perfect game