Leinart vs. Cutler

gusmahler

Registered
Reaction score
Cbus - we get it - any player that did not play at the level of an Ohio State or USC sucks, and will be flops in the NFL because they lack "College Big Game Experience"

I don't think anyone is saying that. This thread basically began with someone saying that Matt has more experience in big games than Cutler. Someone responded that Cutler has had big games also.

If you define "big" as "important", then clearly, Leinart has played in more "big" games than Cutler. Not only has he played in three bowl games as the #1 team in the country, all of USC's "rivalry" games (ND, California, ASU, etc.) are more important because the underdog really wants to beat the defending national champs. In Cutler's Vandy career, Vandy was always the underdog to the powerhouse programs, so I don't even know why this is up for debate.

OP
OP
Cbus cardsfan

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Cbus - we get it - any player that did not play at the level of an Ohio State or USC sucks, and will be flops in the NFL because they lack "College Big Game Experience"

Good thing Walter Payton, Jerry Rice, Ben Roethlisberger, Randy Moss, Terrell Owens etc never read that....

That's not what i said but thanks for interjecting your thoughts into it. But, there is a reason that the majority of the NFL consists of players from USC, Notre Dame, Michigan, OSU, Miami, FSU,Texas,Oklahoma and the likes of those schools. Ohio State probably had more first round draft picks last year than Vandy has had in the past 15. BTW, Randy Moss started out at Florida State.