OP
OP
slinslin

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Talk about a schooling.

Lavar going to have a melt-down.

Might have to move up Fox. If he was a better shooter he would be an unreal prospect.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Draftexpress has Fox at #5 for a while and you tell me who is the best player on the court right now UCLA-Kentucky.

He's definitely a monster tonight but top-5 seems crazy especially in today's NBA. His pick n roll game s looking better with Bam improving.

OP
OP
slinslin

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
He is easily the best defender at his position in the draft and one of the best defenders overall in the draft. He might be the best athlete in the draft too.

I don't see how it is crazy. He has a flaw but so do Jackson, Ball, Smith, Tatum..

Cmon he completely annihilated UCLA and Lonzo. 39 points 4 assists 1 turnover 2 steals.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns might want to look long and hard at Fox. The more I look at the players the less I'm sure there is a lock #1 pick.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
For the love of God I just want to see us relax on PG for a minute

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Yeah...The only PG talk I want to hear is Fultz... Otherwise gimme some Jackson please.

Tank U
Yeah, I am starting to believe the best outcome for the Suns will be ending up with the third pick and getting Jackson.

Not sold on Ball at all as being a transformational talent. I think he will be a credible NBA point, but he's not going to reinvent the position. And his dad will be a huge distraction to whatever team gets him.

Fultz should be fine if his knee isn't a lingering problem. But his skill set overlaps too much with Bledsoe and Booker to really help the Suns.

The optimal player for the Suns' slot would really be a high ceiling post talent... someone like Embiid, but without the injury risks. Since there is no one like that in this draft, Jackson's versatility is the next best bet.

And please, no more PGs. Uggh... we don't need to keep spinning our wheels on slight upgrades over what we already have in Bledsoe.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Without knowing how the draft unfolds, Josh Jackson may be a likely target for the Suns.

It should become clearer who the Suns select after their draft order is determined at the NBA Draft Lottery on May 16th.

If the standings hold up, the Suns should draft #33 in the second round as well and possibly #53 with one of the two second round picks the Suns obtained from the Raptors for Tucker.

I'm hoping the Suns can get another roster player with the 33rd pick.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Without knowing how the draft unfolds, Josh Jackson may be a likely target for the Suns.

It should become clearer who the Suns select after their draft order is determined at the NBA Draft Lottery on May 16th.

If the standings hold up, the Suns should draft #33 in the second round as well and possibly #53 with one of the two second round picks the Suns obtained from the Raptors for Tucker.

I'm hoping the Suns can get another roster player with the 33rd pick.

Trade the two seconds and move up into the late first round and pick up a player that is falling, like maybe Giles or something.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Trade the two seconds and move up into the late first round and pick up a player that is falling, like maybe Giles or something.

Two second round picks would not move a team into the first round in the same draft. There would need to be more.

If the Suns want a player that is falling they would probably have to use a Miami pick to get him. Hopefully the Suns would protect it.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, I am starting to believe the best outcome for the Suns will be ending up with the third pick and getting Jackson.

Not sold on Ball at all as being a transformational talent. I think he will be a credible NBA point, but he's not going to reinvent the position. And his dad will be a huge distraction to whatever team gets him.

Fultz should be fine if his knee isn't a lingering problem. But his skill set overlaps too much with Bledsoe and Booker to really help the Suns.

The optimal player for the Suns' slot would really be a high ceiling post talent... someone like Embiid, but without the injury risks. Since there is no one like that in this draft, Jackson's versatility is the next best bet.

And please, no more PGs. Uggh... we don't need to keep spinning our wheels on slight upgrades over what we already have in Bledsoe.

Wow I agree with every word in this post. Are you a mind reader?? :lol:

Although...Fultz is too good to pass up and Bled has only two years left on his contract.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Two second round picks would not move a team into the first round in the same draft. There would need to be more.

If the Suns want a player that is falling they would probably have to use a Miami pick to get him. Hopefully the Suns would protect it.

Historically, early second rounders are worth as much as late first rounders because of the guaranteed money involved. But, I would not mind at all trading one of the Miami picks to move up in this draft. I would think Miami will be a 6-10 seed next year, which would put them right in the middle of the first round, so getting a pick in the middle of this year's first round would be fine.

OP
OP
slinslin

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Historically, early second rounders are worth as much as late first rounders because of the guaranteed money involved. But, I would not mind at all trading one of the Miami picks to move up in this draft. I would think Miami will be a 6-10 seed next year, which would put them right in the middle of the first round, so getting a pick in the middle of this year's first round would be fine.

Actually they are not, no team has ever traded a late first for an early second.

The free agent rights associated with first round picks are incredibly valueable.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I think it all depends on who might fall in the draft. It would not shock me if the Suns trade a first round draft pick for a falling player. Also I'm intrigued who might be there at #33 as well.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SlinSlin, I think you follow college players quite closely.

Do you have interest in any player that might be there at #33 ?

OP
OP
slinslin

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
SlinSlin, I think you follow college players quite closely.

Do you have interest in any player that might be there at #33 ?

It is hard to know who will drop that far.

I like Terrance Ferguson and hope he somehow drops that far or far enough where we can easily move up from 33.

Caleb Swannigan, Bam Adebayo, Giles, Trier, Ojeleye among the ones that are predicted in that range.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is hard to know who will drop that far.

I like Terrance Ferguson and hope he somehow drops that far or far enough where we can easily move up from 33.

Caleb Swannigan, Bam Adebayo, Giles, Trier, Ojeleye among the ones that are predicted in that range.

Those are interesting players. I would be pleased.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It's not a given that Jackson will be there at 3.

True...Then I'd have to go with Ball and put up with his dad's yap if Fultz and Jackson are taken off the board.

Ball is a very nice option for the young suns considering what a facilitator he is. That's the one area where he's better than Bledsoe even now. He could get the most out of our players and make them a devastating high scoring team.

I would hope we would get Fultz, Jackson, or Ball out of this draft!!!

ColdPickleNachos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
True...Then I'd have to go with Ball and put up with his dad's yap if Fultz and Jackson are taken off the board.

Ball is a very nice option for the young suns considering what a facilitator he is. That's the one area where he's better than Bledsoe even now. He could get the most out of our players and make them a devastating high scoring team.

I would hope we would get Fultz, Jackson, or Ball out of this draft!!!

Total agreement. I'd be lying if I said last night's game didn't concern me. My biggest issue was his passivity as the game slipped away (not sure how much the groin issue might have played into that).

However, all of my big concerns with Ball on offense are eased by Booker. I think they are an amazing fit together.

At least on offense hahaha

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
While Booker is an incredible offensive talent, he really needs to step up his defense. Kobe and MJ were both excellent defensive players--Lebron, DRob, Hakeem etc. The great ones play both directions.

Not sure about Ball's defense. Jackson may be the best fit with this team.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lonzo Ball did not have a good game against Kentucky and Josh Jackson did not have a good night against Oregon. Both UCLA and Kansas are out. Judging players in the NCAA tournament can be tricky because one off game and they're out. Vice versa, players who play well in the college playoffs may not play well in the NBA.

And we did not even get a look at Markelle Fultz in the playoffs or to finish the season.

Scouts have their work cut out for them to predict future success.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05