Lions at Cardinals gameday thread 9-22-24

602 Native

Veteran
Reaction score
Lots of blame to go around for this one. One thing for sure is that this offense needs an effective running game to function at all.
That’s every NFL team.

We were totally one dimensional when today. Not a single player on offense looked dynamic today.

Those expecting us to put up 28 every week are living in lala land as well. We need defense as well.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Also, I feel like we rarely win wearing those all-black jerseys. I know we beat the Saints in 2022 with them, but that’s it.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
No
If people think Kyler is going to play like he did against the Rams all the time then they’re delusional. He didn’t have a great day by any means, but this was a team loss.
Qb will have a perfect QB rating each week. Probably won't do it all season. You are right. No one can maintain that.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Eh he was only part of the problem. We had lots of them.

But one of the big issues is his and mhj’s inability to get in the same page. Today he was 5/11 targeting him. I think on the season he’s like 10/23 for the season. That’s not good.
Those back shoulder misses are the right throws. Marv just not recognizing.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Disappointing because similar to the BUF game, kind of feels like one we might have won.

The offense choked it off though, and I'm not absolving Murray either.

I didn't like some of his reads (forced it to MHJ a couple of times, especially the INT) and I didn't like that he stopped using his legs (expect for the 4th down run). His ball placement was just okay today.

Also, our running game besides Murray was terrible, and our receivers couldn't make a contested catch today.

Finally, I didn't really like the play-calling, especially in the 2nd half. In first half, we rolling K1 out some, and doing some things to slow down their rush, but we completed stopped that in 2nd half.

Then there was the very unimaginative three straight runs after the Gardeck INT. Wow DP, really? That's when I really felt like it wasn't our day.

Generally pleased with the defense. They did the best they could. Got some sacks. Got the INT. Got the 4th down stop. They were overmatched but the fought their asses off.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
One he wasn’t double covered.

2 the ball was under thrown.

Marv had his man beat over the top.

Lastly Marv is not aggressive enough to get those balls yet.

Eventually that will be a ball Marv will get.
This is just not the correct way of looking at this IMO. The ball should have either been thrown earlier before he breaks clear, or better yet thrown about 7 yards deeper. It was a terrible throw and I would bet one K1 wishes he had back

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
The D also gave up 20 and couldn’t get a stop when they needed.

Defense outplayed the offense today though my friend. Especially considering the talent disparity.

The defense gave the offense plenty of opportunities, which were not capitalized upon.

Look, DET is a good team. We're still putting the pieces together, and it's just the 3rd game of a young season.

Very disappointing offensive performance today, but it was foreseeable that it would take the offense four or five games to really get going. The die is not yet cast on the 2024 season.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Eh he was only part of the problem. We had lots of them.

But one of the big issues is his and mhj’s inability to get in the same page. Today he was 5/11 targeting him. I think on the season he’s like 10/23 for the season. That’s not good.

Post game Wolfley and Pasch were talking this very thing. The game plan is to do those go routes 1 on 1 when they are available. They said while there were a couple off throws, the connection issue appears to be a Harrison issue.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
How long do we have to wait?

5, 6, 8 games?

Why wait and not make players and coaching staff accountable now?

We did turnover a bunch of our OL, and our WR1 is a full on rookie.

I was thinking maybe four or five games until the O really hits full stride?

It was surprising how well DET shut down Conner today. 1.9 YPC.

TBH, I thought our O-line looked overmatched most of the day.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
How long do we have to wait?

5, 6, 8 games?

Why wait and not make players and coaching staff accountable now?
Hold them accountable? What do you mean? Fans don't have the power to hold anyone accountable.

Going into the season, with the number of 1st and 2nd year players we have, I thought week 11 was when things would start to gel in the best case scenario. That's how long it took for the Packers last year, and now this year they are a top 3 team in the NFC.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s every NFL team.

We were totally one dimensional when today. Not a single player on offense looked dynamic today.

Those expecting us to put up 28 every week are living in lala land as well. We need defense as well.

The only thing, the defense didn't lose the game although the Cardinals defense was a sieve.

Fitz4Ever

Veteran
Reaction score
We were within 1 play of getting the ball back with a chance to tie/win....against what some think is a super bowl favorite...and we didnt play particularly well.

Im really trying to keep my expectations realistic this season. We SHOULD end up with about 8 wins give or take. Its the next step in the teams progressions, and if we can make that jump then it justifies spending FA money and making trades ETC.

Even even if start hot at like 5-2...Im not going to let myself start expecting playoffs or that they are suddenly better than they are.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05