lol @ how dirty the Spurs play..

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
There's nothing physical about kicking someone in the ribs while they are on the ground, except for the fact that it requires a body part. I'd like to ask his children if they're ok with watching their father do that.

cly2tw

Reaction score
They ran out of gas, yeah, have I ever said anything otherwise?
Any chance you ever thought that them collapsing was BECAUSE OF the Suns running out of gas? As in these two things compliment each other rather than contradict each other?

So let me lay it out for you:

Result: The Suns collapsed.
Hypothesis: The Suns ran out of gas because they lost two players.
Solution: Get a coach who plays his bench more minutes, rather than having a coach who plays his starters huge minutes after having the seeding locked up in the regular season.

The presentation of the result does not preclude the hypothesis. In fact, it could possibly allude to it. Got it?

For example, if a car stopped running because it ran out of gas, me saying that the car stopped does not imply that filling the car with gas would not have made a difference. In fact, me saying the car stopped helps bring out the fact that the gas wasn't filled.

Still couldn't get the part where me saying that they collapsed would somehow imply me saying that the presence of those two suspended players would not have made a difference.

So to sum up the question that you punctuated with an "!" (Is this actually a question!), no, it is not clear enough for me.

Very astute analysis. We have a couple DA-apologists who would never admit that DA's refusing to use a deeper bench had anything to do with our players run out of gas like in game 5 or having freak injuries like Bell's the year before.

Actually, had DA played KT regularly for around 25-30 min against the end of last season, we might have won the series against Spurs, as first we might not have lost game 1 with KT starting right away and/or not lost game 5since KT might be in good game condition to whether 30+ min. all of a sudden for 4 straight games defending the best big man TD no less.

Also, had we had a little confidence using Banks or Rose a couple of minutes inbetween, our starters might have enough left in the tank for the crucial last 5 min of that said game 5.

cly2tw

Reaction score
Update: The Spurs are still cheap. I turned on the Hornets vs. Spurs and the first three plays I see are:

1) Bowen pushes Paul down when they are running back down the floor after a made basket. No foul called.

2) Horry battles with Chandler for a rebound, then pushes Chandler away and flops. Foul called on Chandler.

3) Paul falls down and Bowen battles him for possession and Bowen kicks Paul in the ribs twice, on purpose. Paul is called for an offensive foul.

The Hornets are doing a great job battling through this crap though.

What's sad is that the refs let them get away with it. The Nugs lost to them because the refs were extremely favoring the Spurs for the main part of 3rd quarter, which rattled the Nugs to lose their composure a little, and their 8pt lead, and finally did them in in that game. That's a given now, most teams have to fight through that to even have a chance.

CaptainInsano

Reaction score
So, guys, about those posts I made a long time back saying that since the spurs own the hornets and the hornets own us means we don't stand much of a chance...

Yeah I am so happy to be eating a metric ton of crow right now.

Sadly though now the hornets look bonafide nasty, they could easily go all the way now. I think they just have a bad habit of mailing games in sometimes and going on losing streaks which are more like lazy streaks. If only they could have mailed in just one single game vs us, but then again that would require the suns actually catching a break or getting lucky and we know that never f'ing happends.

SASpursfan

Veteran
Reaction score
Look again at the replay. It is posted on youtube. I agree that Bowen does "kick" Paul, but it appears that Paul is doing something undesireable to Bowen with his right hand.

Let me know what you all think.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Look again at the replay. It is posted on youtube. I agree that Bowen does "kick" Paul, but it appears that Paul is doing something undesireable to Bowen with his right hand.

I think Paul is going for the ball. It doesn't excuse what Bowen did. He's nastier than rat crap on crackers.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Definitely intentional. Suspendable offense.

This could be nothing, if he didn't have a history.

He should be at least fined, but IMO suspended one game.

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score

I think you're an ignorant tool.

Word on Paul is his only weakness in his game is hes a 'hothead"

Word on your team is theyre a bunch of cry baby bugeyed cheapshotters. Dont defend this insult to the game, it makes you look like scum.

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
From that crappy youtube video, it's unclear what Paul is doing with his hands....he could easily be going for the ball or grabbing Bowen's leg or punching Bruce in the nuts. I'd give Chris Paul the benefit of the doubt long before Bowen. Besides when a guy is on the ground trying to recover a loose ball, most defenders are diving on the ground trying to get it away from him or get a jumpball, but Bowen stands over him so that if he moves at all then Paul gets a foul called on him. The Bowen kicks (at least 2, maybe 3) are obviously intentional and I'm sure the league will just look the other way like they always do because it's a SA player.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
Bowen tried to knee him in the face. I hope Shaq sits on Bowen.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
Thats about as intentional as it gets. If there is no suspension for a physical attack on another player then I don't know why I should continue watching this game.

ambchang_

Registered
Reaction score
You guys are saying that CP4 should be suspended because he punched Bowen in the groin twice? I think that's a little severe.

On a non-whining, basketball note, the Hornets play the Spurs very well. They have a lightning quick penetrating PG AND a SF who can shoot lights out. In other word, Bowen can only guard one, the other is going to light the Spurs up.

Chandler is quick, strong and athletic, the kind of players that gives Duncan the most trouble (see Sheed).

David West is a big man with range, and given that the Spurs defense is to close down on 3s and the paint, and opening up the mid-range jumper if forced to choose, a player like West can disrupt the Spurs defense big time.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You guys are saying that CP4 should be suspended because he punched Bowen in the groin twice? I think that's a little severe.

On a non-whining, basketball note, the Hornets play the Spurs very well. They have a lightning quick penetrating PG AND a SF who can shoot lights out. In other word, Bowen can only guard one, the other is going to light the Spurs up.

Chandler is quick, strong and athletic, the kind of players that gives Duncan the most trouble (see Sheed).

David West is a big man with range, and given that the Spurs defense is to close down on 3s and the paint, and opening up the mid-range jumper if forced to choose, a player like West can disrupt the Spurs defense big time.

I'm saying Bowen should be suspended.

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'm saying Bowen should be suspended.
He knows that....he's just a Spurs fan stirring the pot. I'd love to see someone use Bowen's tactics on Tim Duncan and see them cry foul when another guy doesn't get suspended for repeatedly kicking Duncan in the chest. Or maybe they can stick their foot under Duncan so he lands on it and sprains his ankle. Or kick him in the back of the achillies as he's going up for a dunk. Or drop kick him in the face as he shoots an outside jumper (that would take some skill considering how tall Duncan is).

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He knows that....he's just a Spurs fan stirring the pot. I'd love to see someone use Bowen's tactics on Tim Duncan and see them cry foul when another guy doesn't get suspended for repeatedly kicking Duncan in the chest. Or maybe they can stick their foot under Duncan so he lands on it and sprains his ankle. Or kick him in the back of the achillies as he's going up for a dunk. Or drop kick him in the face as he shoots an outside jumper (that would take some skill considering how tall Duncan is).

Like I said... reread this entire thread. He has been arguing for Bowen for most of it.

I'll play it safe. :)

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The way I see it, it's kinda like if Raja Bell went around doing clothesline takedowns every couple of games and never got suspended for it. The difference is that I don't think Suns fans would go to other teams messageboards all over the internet and defend Raja Bell. Bowen isn't always that obvious, but sometimes (like in this case) he is and he still isn't getting punished (at least not yet). I didn't see the game (just the replay) but I thought it said that Chris Paul was actually called for the foul and not Bowen.

The way the Spurs are protected is disgusting.....Bowen shouldn't be able to stand over a guy on the ground and basically straddle him so he can't move or get up without committing a foul. When the guy does try to get back to the ball or get up then Bowen kicks him in the chest a couple of times and isn't punished.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The way I see it, it's kinda like if Raja Bell went around doing clothesline takedowns every couple of games and never got suspended for it. Bowen isn't always that obvious, but sometimes (like in this case) he is and he still isn't getting punished (at least not yet). I didn't see the game (just the replay) but I thought it said that Chris Paul was actually called for the foul and not Bowen.

The way the Spurs are protected is disgusting.....Bowen shouldn't be able to stand over a guy on the ground and basically straddle him so he can't move or get up without committing a foul. When the guy does try to get back to the ball or get up then Bowen kicks him in the chest a couple of times and isn't punished.

I didn't see the game either, but the announcer from the youtube video said that it was a foul on Paul.

Cheesewater

(ex-Uriah Heep)
Reaction score
I didn't see the game either, but the announcer from the youtube video said that it was a foul on Paul.

I saw it live. Paul was called for an offensive foul.

I had it recorded on our DVR and watched it several times from several different angles.

There is no way anyone can intelligently and successfully defend what Bowen does.

btimsah

My Name Is Robert!
Reaction score
Watching it on that crappy Youtube video it was hard to see, but did CP3 swing his legs and try to kick Bowen when he was on the ground? I can't stand Bowen because I do think he's dirty. This is child's play compared to other things he's done.

Oh and btw, the official came running in once Bowen started stomping on Paul so they clearly saw it. The fact that they never went to the monitor to check for a technical or possible ejection leads me to believe that the league does in fact protect the Spurs. All the refs know that if you call the Spurs on their dirtiness, they'll get suspended like that one ref did and I think it affects what is called against them during the game.

Sad.