lol @ how dirty the Spurs play..

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
bro you are fighting a neverending fight dream.. dont argue with one sighted people.. its blantaly obvious that bowen is dirty and cheats, has been proven time and time again and noted by well respected players and coaches throughout the league..

lol. I know Phade.

It was fun arguing with him at the beginning of the thread. I got tired and then had to stop. I guess I got a second wind.

ambchang_

Registered
Reaction score
bro you are fighting a neverending fight dream.. dont argue with one sighted people.. its blantaly obvious that bowen is dirty and cheats, has been proven time and time again and noted by well respected players and coaches throughout the league..
LOL, this is fantastic. I am not sure you saw the irony of your own post, owning yourself in the same paragraph.

dont argue with one sighted people

Then immediately followed that up with:

blantaly obvious that bowen is dirty and cheats, has been proven time and time again and noted by well respected players and coaches throughout the league..

Well respected players and coaches? There's Ray Allen, Vince Carter, and Steve Francis. Then a respected coach like Isiah Thomas asked a goon to break his legs, yeah, really high character guys.

Phil Jackson said he was Scissorhands, which doesn't really mean much, other than alluding to the fact that he moves his hands all over the place and hit people sometimes (see the movie).

The fantastic thing is, this is probably the least incriminating incident of Bowen being dirty, and you guys are jumping all over it becaues it just happens to involve Bowen. If you want to talk about Bowen is dirty, pick out videos of him pulling people's jerseys, stepping on their ankles while they go for rebounds, elbowing people, scratching and clawing. Not when he clearly inadvertantly hit the opponent once while he got punched in groin TWICE.

ambchang_

Registered
Reaction score
It is in the 3rd screenshot that you have posted above. That screenshot caught the tail end of it.

These things are always blown out of proportion.

CP gets the benefit of the doubt, because this is the first time that he has been in the middle of a controversy like that. It's like wondering why Rasheed Wallace gets so many technicals.....because he is Rasheed.

Two words for you: Julius Hodge.

OP
OP
P

Phade

Registered
Reaction score
LOL, this is fantastic. I am not sure you saw the irony of your own post, owning yourself in the same paragraph.

Then immediately followed that up with:

Well respected players and coaches? There's Ray Allen, Vince Carter, and Steve Francis. Then a respected coach like Isiah Thomas asked a goon to break his legs, yeah, really high character guys.

Phil Jackson said he was Scissorhands, which doesn't really mean much, other than alluding to the fact that he moves his hands all over the place and hit people sometimes (see the movie).

The fantastic thing is, this is probably the least incriminating incident of Bowen being dirty, and you guys are jumping all over it becaues it just happens to involve Bowen. If you want to talk about Bowen is dirty, pick out videos of him pulling people's jerseys, stepping on their ankles while they go for rebounds, elbowing people, scratching and clawing. Not when he clearly inadvertantly hit the opponent once while he got punched in groin TWICE.

bro do you just sit around on this forum all day waiting to stir up something? please do us all a favor and get yourself a job or something..

Cheesewater

(ex-Uriah Heep)
Reaction score
(Just for you Captain Insano, I'm not going to quote any of Spurs fan's blather.)

Picking and choosing badly pixilated youtube frames does nothing for your case Spurs fan. I watched it live, in real time. Then watched it over 5 times on the DVR. Paul never punches Bowen in the groin or anywhere for that matter. Paul is struggling for control of the ball. It is Bowen who decides to straddle Paul to gain control. Bowen then kicks Paul once, then tries to again. Paul flops to call attention to Bowen's kicks. Bowen has established a recurrence of questionable tactics with his feet and legs.

Refute.

On second thought, don't. You can't win. Bowen is cheap. :)

ambchang_

Registered
Reaction score
(Just for you Captain Insano, I'm not going to quote any of Spurs fan's blather.)

Picking and choosing badly pixilated youtube frames does nothing for your case Spurs fan. I watched it live, in real time. Then watched it over 5 times on the DVR. Paul never punches Bowen in the groin or anywhere for that matter. Paul is struggling for control of the ball. It is Bowen who decides to straddle Paul to gain control. Bowen then kicks Paul once, then tries to again. Paul flops to call attention to Bowen's kicks. Bowen has established a recurrence of questionable tactics with his feet and legs.

Refute.

On second thought, don't. You can't win. Bowen is cheap. :)

What? Paul never punched Bowen? It really depends on how you define punch. If you mean contact, then CP3 clearly "punched" Bowen. If if you mean a closed-fist, intentional punch, then yeah, I don't think CP3 punched Bowen.

But by the same logic, Bowen did the same thing, only with his knee, you can't give different definitions to the same instance. Either Bowen and CP3 both punched/kneed each other, or there was just contact, and nobody punched/kneed anybody.

And who is to say that I didn't watch it live?

Finally, to Phade: So what are you doing here?

Cheesewater

(ex-Uriah Heep)
Reaction score
What a joke. Contact is contact. A punch is a punch. A kick is a kick.

While struggling to control the basketball a player may or may not have inadvertently made contact with another players body. That's a basketball play.

While standing over a prone player, another player makes an apparent intentional kicking motion TWICE. It appears he connects once. NOT a basketball move.

See the difference?

I never inferred you didn't see it live Bowen-fan.

ambchang_

Registered
Reaction score
What a joke. Contact is contact. A punch is a punch. A kick is a kick.

While struggling to control the basketball a player may or may not have inadvertently made contact with another players body. That's a basketball play.

While standing over a prone player, another player makes an apparent intentional kicking motion TWICE. It appears he connects once. NOT a basketball move.

See the difference?

I never inferred you didn't see it live Bowen-fan.

So how was Bowen supposed to do to turn around? It is awfully hard to turn around and track the ball without moving your knees.

Look at the clip, there was no kick, in fact, your boy Dreamcastrocks thinks so, he took issue with the back hand "slap" that Bowen registered. So you guys should get your ducks in a row instead of contradicting each other.

Cheesewater

(ex-Uriah Heep)
Reaction score
I don't have to agree with other Suns fans. See that's one of the many differences between Spurs fans and Suns fans. Suns fans don't all think alike and barf out the same weak drivel for a defense like a bunch of automatons.

Bowen makes two kicking motions at Chris Paul. Connected or not, that's cheap and dirty. And par for the course.

Edit: Oh, and "track the ball"? Ha ha ha ha ha!

ambchang_

Registered
Reaction score
I don't have to agree with other Suns fans. See that's one of the many differences between Spurs fans and Suns fans. Suns fans don't all think alike and barf out the same weak drivel for a defense like a bunch of automatons.

Bowen makes two kicking motions at Chris Paul. Connected or not, that's cheap and dirty. And par for the course.

Edit: Oh, and "track the ball"? Ha ha ha ha ha!

So you can go start arguing with Dreamcastrocks about the knees then. Apparently, a person who thinks that Bowen is dirty didn't think he kneed CP3 at all, definitely gives support to your views.

Cheesewater

(ex-Uriah Heep)
Reaction score
Try to focus Spurs fan. If you can't discuss a topic intelligently with two different people, maybe you shouldn't come into a forum with so many differing opinions.

ambchang_

Registered
Reaction score
Try to focus Spurs fan. If you can't discuss a topic intelligently with two different people, maybe you shouldn't come into a forum with so many differing opinions.

Trust me, it is tough to argue with one person who is so positive that Bowen did knee CP3, while another person who is also arguing for the same purpose (Bowen is very dirty) states that he didn't. This isn't anything subjective, either he did or he didn't, and despite video evidence showing over and over that Bowen in fact did NOT hit CP3 with his knee (0:50 mark could be argued) while it clearly showed the CP3 hit Bowen in the groin twice.

But no, even though another person who clearly is biased towards your side would side with me in terms of whether Bowen hit CP3, you had to go and say that your side of the story is in fact he "correct" side? Biased much?

Finally, I really can't argue intelligently with you alone when you would just flat out deny anything that doesn't work on your side despite video and pictorial evidence. Yet, I am the troll.

Cheesewater

(ex-Uriah Heep)
Reaction score
I can see where you have some trouble since you are arguing with someone who agrees with you...

I think I tried to indicate that it appeared Bowen kicked Paul and that the kicking moves themselves, whether or not they connected, were deplorable. I don't think I indicated that I was positive Bowen connected.

You keep bringing up bias. Dreamcastrocks and I are arguing different points. Stop trying to argue them together just because we are both Suns fans.

You have no evidence to support your claims of Paul punching Bowen. Your evidence shows Bowen making two kicking motions at Paul. Case closed.

And the NBA agrees. Bowen suspended.

The Man In Black

Registered
Reaction score
There is evidence of Paul hitting Bowen but, this is a cumulative suspension meant to show you guys that the NBA wants you to believe that they are doing all they can to keep the peace. But still...at the end of the season, the guy is still going to be 1st team ALL-NBA D. He will be there to hound Steve Nash should these 2 teams meet in the playoffs, just like always when the game is on the line.
http://www.youtube.com/v/hZNwSC_6H90

Cheesewater

(ex-Uriah Heep)
Reaction score
You know it has to be substantial for the league to actually do something about it.

Its pretty hard to argue it now.

That's why Spurs-fan has vanished. The suspension took away the "Buh..buh..buh...but he's never been suspended!" defense.

Cheesewater

(ex-Uriah Heep)
Reaction score
There is evidence of Paul hitting Bowen but, this is a cumulative suspension meant to show you guys that the NBA wants you to believe that they are doing all they can to keep the peace. But still...at the end of the season, the guy is still going to be 1st team ALL-NBA D. He will be there to hound Steve Nash should these 2 teams meet in the playoffs, just like always when the game is on the line.

Can I get your perspective on the "evidence of Paul hitting Bowen"? You mean incidentally while trying to control the ball, right?

I'm sure the NBA doesn't care what I think. I have no doubt Bowen will be there and he'll be regarded highly for his defense at the end of the season again. He is a good defender. But he's also occasionally cheap and dirty.

:thumbup:

The Man In Black

Registered
Reaction score
NO it wasn't substantial. It was just enough collective whining about it that finally pushed Stu Jackson to the suspension.

It won't change the way the guy plays though and that's why he'll be ALL-NBA D again.

Cheesewater

(ex-Uriah Heep)
Reaction score
NO it wasn't substantial. It was just enough collective whining about it that finally pushed Stu Jackson to the suspension.

It won't change the way the guy plays though and that's why he'll be ALL-NBA D again.

Oh I see it's the collective whining that did it? Yes, Stu Jackson was tired of the whining and decided to then capitulate to the whining and hand down a suspension.

NO. Maybe it was the collective effect of the many times Bowen has done something sketchy. A history, if you will, of dirty moves. Consider it the Honorary Suspension, or the Lifetime Achievement Award for Punk Moves. You know, like they give Oscars for actors who are about to check out.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

You must be registered for see images attach

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Too bad that collective whining didn't keep Amare/Boris from being suspended...... try again.