lol @ how dirty the Spurs play..

ambchang_

Registered
Reaction score
There is plenty of youtube footage to back up how dirty Bowen is. Give it up. Besides if your looking for some level of support go to a Spurs board.

If I was looking for any support, I wouldn't have been here.
The point is, Bowen's reputation is much overblown. In this case against CP3, he clearly did NOT kick him, but people were quick to jump on him.

THere was talk about him elbowing Terry a while back, yet it was pretty much shown that Bowen was no where close to Terry in that play. The fact that Terry charged Bowen somehow equates to Bowen actually elbowing him.

Bowen pulls, claws, hooks, trips as much as the next guy, but to assert that he is some sort of scum and is out to hurt people intentionally is premature.

OP
OP
P

Phade

Registered
Reaction score
says the wo/man who puts fake quotes under other usernames.

lol bro now you are calling people women.. after the fact that you did the fake quotations thing..

nice originality..

come up with your own material grow a set of testicles and post when you can come up with something on your own that you haven't stolen from the spurstalk forum..

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I was looking for any support, I wouldn't have been here.
The point is, Bowen's reputation is much overblown. In this case against CP3, he clearly did NOT kick him, but people were quick to jump on him.

THere was talk about him elbowing Terry a while back, yet it was pretty much shown that Bowen was no where close to Terry in that play. The fact that Terry charged Bowen somehow equates to Bowen actually elbowing him.

Bowen pulls, claws, hooks, trips as much as the next guy, but to assert that he is some sort of scum and is out to hurt people intentionally is premature.

Kicked him....stomped him...whatever. Sorry but the one angle I saw looked like he tried to stomp him. Just as bad. It can't be premature when the guy has a history.

So if your not looking for a support then why keep posting here arguing. You either like to argue or you want support for you point of view. Again, if you looking for that go to a Spurs board. Nobody here is going to buy the woe is me Bowen is not a dirty player.

arwillan

The King
Reaction score

so i take it you find that there's something wrong with being a woman? we have a few female posters here (myself not included), i'm sure they appreciate your incredibly immature comment.

You're a fool to say that bowen did not kick Paul. He did it twice and there was clearly no benefit to him on that play by doing so. That isn't to say that paul didn't do anything to Bowen, but when you have a reputation of being the dirtiest player in the league people tend to see you as the culprit rather than the other guy. It also doesn't help that the smaller (6'1 or so) paul was laying on the ground with the 6'8 bowen standing over him. That also tends to shift the way people see the situation.

EDIT: i'm sure you also have an excuse for every clip found here: (http://www.doubleviking.com/bullet-p...ts-8407-p.html), don't you?

ambchang_

Registered
Reaction score
lol bro now you are calling people women.. after the fact that you did the fake quotations thing..

nice originality..

come up with your own material grow a set of testicles and post when you can come up with something on your own that you haven't stolen from the spurstalk forum..

What is wrong with saying that you are a wo/man. I simply don't know. You could be a man, or you could be a woman. I am not sure how you can just jump to the conclusion that I am stating that you are a woman despite the obvious "/" sign stating that I don't know.

Or is it more pathetic that your prejudice automatically makes you think that it's an insult?

Finally, the quote thing was a direct play on your immaturity. I have to speak down to your level to allow you to understand what is going on, but frankly, that is harder than I thought.

OP
OP
P

Phade

Registered
Reaction score
Finally, the quote thing was a direct play on your immaturity. I have to speak down to your level to allow you to understand what is going on, but frankly, that is harder than I thought.

sure thing i def. believe that.. and way to try and catch yourself with the women bashing....

life: you suck at it..

go back to the spursuck forum please and leave us all alone.. you are so blinded by your loyalty its beyond ridiculous.

ambchang_

Registered
Reaction score
Kicked him....stomped him...whatever. Sorry but the one angle I saw looked like he tried to stomp him. Just as bad. It can't be premature when the guy has a history.

So if your not looking for a support then why keep posting here arguing. You either like to argue or you want support for you point of view. Again, if you looking for that go to a Spurs board. Nobody here is going to buy the woe is me Bowen is not a dirty player.

"one angle I saw looked like he tried to stomp him" when I have already showed a video that Bowen didn't try to kick him at all. But of course, people choose to see what they want to see.

I have already stated that neither Paul and Bowen was dirty in that play. There was a lot of contact, nothing unusual for a loose ball foul, but people blew this out of proportion because Bowen was involved. The most hilarious thing is that people are claiming to be unbiased, then they continuously bring out the reputation card. But isn't this saying that you are assuming Bowen to be guilty despite what actually transpired because of perceived past events, thus bias?

Finally, I have already came to a conclusion that I have a much higher (or lower, depending on your perspective) threshold of what a dirty player is. A dirty player tries to hurt people on purpose, and from the incidents that involved Bowen, I simply cannot conclude that he does try to hurt people on purpose. Unless Danny Fortson is still playing, I don't think anybody in the league is dirty.

Last edited:

ambchang_

Registered
Reaction score
so i take it you find that there's something wrong with being a woman? we have a few female posters here (myself not included), i'm sure they appreciate your incredibly immature comment.

What is wrong with you people? I don't know Phade, I have never met him/her, and I don't know if s/he is a man or a woman? Perhaps you found something wrong with me not presuming people of certain gender in a sport of basketball? Perhaps you are asserting that it is offensive for me to say that people can act immaturely like Phade did can possibly be a woman?

You're a fool to say that bowen did not kick Paul. He did it twice and there was clearly no benefit to him on that play by doing so. That isn't to say that paul didn't do anything to Bowen, but when you have a reputation of being the dirtiest player in the league people tend to see you as the culprit rather than the other guy. It also doesn't help that the smaller (6'1 or so) paul was laying on the ground with the 6'8 bowen standing over him. That also tends to shift the way people see the situation.

I am a fool why? Because this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZNwSC_6H90 shows that Bowen clearly didn't kick him when Paul flopped to the floor? Or that the first kick was inconclusive at best and that any contact was accidental?

What does size have to do with it? Are people here trying to argue that size has a direct correlation to being dirty players?

What does reputation has to do with it? Is the video not enough evidence that Bowen never "kicked" Paul?

EDIT: i'm sure you also have an excuse for every clip found here: (http://www.doubleviking.com/bullet-p...ts-8407-p.html), don't you?

Why can't any of the arguments be explanations? Why do they have to be excuses? I must have stumbled into a conversation of people of discriminatory views.

To witness:
1) Not knowing whether another poster is a man or woman can somehow be interpreted as an insult because I may be calling another person a woman. You must have to be one of the most bigotted people in the universe to somehow linking woman to an insult.

2) Reputation preceeds video evidence, and that theme has been played out repeatedly in this thread.

3) The bigger the player, the dirtier s/he is.

ambchang_

Registered
Reaction score
sure thing i def. believe that.. and way to try and catch yourself with the women bashing....

life: you suck at it..

go back to the spursuck forum please and leave us all alone.. you are so blinded by your loyalty its beyond ridiculous.

Do you want me to dig up the thread where you were banned for a few days because of your immature behaviour? Oh wait! It was this thread!

And what is with the woman bashing? I still don't know if you are a man or woman, and I am not going to come to preconceived conclusions without being relatively sure of it. I have to say that I am actually offended that saying someone could possible be a woman be some kind of insult, what century do you guys live in?

BTW, I am sure you are not being blinded by your own hatred. After all, I didn't take the time to start a thread saying how soft the Suns play.

OP
OP
P

Phade

Registered
Reaction score
Do you want me to dig up the thread where you were banned for a few days because of your immature behaviour? Oh wait! It was this thread!

And what is with the woman bashing? I still don't know if you are a man or woman, and I am not going to come to preconceived conclusions without being relatively sure of it. I have to say that I am actually offended that saying someone could possible be a woman be some kind of insult, what century do you guys live in?

BTW, I am sure you are not being blinded by your own hatred. After all, I didn't take the time to start a thread saying how soft the Suns play.

get a life.. i wish my life sucked so bad i sat around on my computer with no work posting on a suns forum even though i'm a spurs fan..

think about that bro.. and think about how pathetic that guy is..

OP
OP
P

Phade

Registered
Reaction score
oh ya i commend you for taking the time to type up intelligent sounding posts.. makes you sooo much cooler..

ambchang_

Registered
Reaction score
get a life.. i wish my life sucked so bad i sat around on my computer with no work posting on a suns forum even though i'm a spurs fan..

think about that bro.. and think about how pathetic that guy is..

Does it make a difference how I used my time depending on what team I root for? Does it not take the same amount of time for a Suns fan or a Spurs fan to hang around a Suns forum? If I have no life because I hang around a Suns forum for extended periods of time, why is it that you are so good at life itself?

OP
OP
P

Phade

Registered
Reaction score
Does it make a difference how I used my time depending on what team I root for? Does it not take the same amount of time for a Suns fan or a Spurs fan to hang around a Suns forum? If I have no life because I hang around a Suns forum for extended periods of time, why is it that you are so good at life itself?

how many times a day do you pm mods to try and get me banned..

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
What is wrong with you people? I don't know Phade, I have never met him/her, and I don't know if s/he is a man or a woman? Perhaps you found something wrong with me not presuming people of certain gender in a sport of basketball? Perhaps you are asserting that it is offensive for me to say that people can act immaturely like Phade did can possibly be a woman?

I am a fool why? Because this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZNwSC_6H90 shows that Bowen clearly didn't kick him when Paul flopped to the floor? Or that the first kick was inconclusive at best and that any contact was accidental?

What does size have to do with it? Are people here trying to argue that size has a direct correlation to being dirty players?

What does reputation has to do with it? Is the video not enough evidence that Bowen never "kicked" Paul?

Why can't any of the arguments be explanations? Why do they have to be excuses? I must have stumbled into a conversation of people of discriminatory views.

To witness:
1) Not knowing whether another poster is a man or woman can somehow be interpreted as an insult because I may be calling another person a woman. You must have to be one of the most bigotted people in the universe to somehow linking woman to an insult.

2) Reputation preceeds video evidence, and that theme has been played out repeatedly in this thread.

3) The bigger the player, the dirtier s/he is.

the problem is you called him/her a woman in an attempt to insult him/her, that much is clear. i didn't say being bigger makes you dirty. Why would i say that when i am a fan of a team with Shaq on it? I simply said that it appears to be more dirty when a larger player is standing over a much smaller player kicking him. for paul to punch/push him away seemed natural to me, but there was no reason for bowen to kick him.

you still never responded to those 9 videos i so kindly posted for you. go ahead and watch those. if those don't make you think bowen purposely attempts to try and hurt/injure other players, you must literally be blind.

ambchang_

Registered
Reaction score
http://youtube.com/watch?v=w8WXVJQ06Sk

please tell me that at about :26-:27 in that video you see a kick. i know i did, and i can not clearly see a punch no matter which video i watch.

But of course a MUCH clearer angle in the following video was ignored multiple times.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=hZNwSC_6H90
In the 46 second mark, it clearly showed Paul slapping Bowen in the groin. In the 1:00 to 1:01 mark, it clearly showed that the "kick" was nothing more than Bowen stepping away from Paul, and then Paul acting that he was kicked.

Choose to see what you want to see, and ignore video evidence continously.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Ambchang, you deny that Bowen kicked CP, even though the league saw it, all other non-Spurs fans saw it, and most Spurs fans even saw it. That's bad enough. Do you deny Bowen had dirty plays on Nash and Stat last playoffs? That would be even worse if you did. Do you deny Bowen has had numerous other episodes in other games throughout the years? Well, I know you admitted one on, I believe, Ray Allen. Might have the player wrong, but not the admission. Now, first off, if you deny all of that, well, there's no hope for you.

Second of all, in regards to you attempting to ignore the fact that he was caught by the league. You're trying to throw it back at us, the Suns fans, that we cannot use the Bowen suspension as proof against him because we think the league made a bad call against us last playoffs. The fallacy there is that nobody denies that two players of ours stepped off the bench; we were only livid that it took a body slam to one of our players by one of your goons to get the officials' attention, and thought that the league was vastly overreacting in our suspensions. You see, nobody denied it actually happened, which is what you're doing. You can rely on the fact that if there is even a small shred of doubt about an incident, this league is going to turn a blind eye and ignore it. The fact that Bowen was suspended irrevocably damages your defense of his brutal behavior and defense of the specific incident.

ambchang_

Registered
Reaction score
the problem is you called him/her a woman in an attempt to insult him/her, that much is clear. i didn't say being bigger makes you dirty. Why would i say that when i am a fan of a team with Shaq on it? I simply said that it appears to be more dirty when a larger player is standing over a much smaller player kicking him. for paul to punch/push him away seemed natural to me, but there was no reason for bowen to kick him.

This is a joke, right?

In fact, you can make a much stronger case that Phade is somehow alluding female with inferior basketball knowledge with this quote:

Phade said:
and lol @ calling that a punch makes sense a bunch of chicks from spurstalk would call something like that a punch..

Funny how his reference to the word "chicks" was never chastised in any other quotes, and I thought people in here rode claimed themselves to be objective.

Now let's see what I wrote:
ambchang_ said:
What IS clear is that I made the effort to say that s/he may have been a man OR woman with the usage of "/", and that people around here somehow would translate calling a person a woman to be some sort of insult.

Perhaps I could have said "says the person who puts fake quotes under other usernames.", but this comment was an attack on his/her integrity through his previous actions rather than his/her gender, but blind woman haters / over-sensitive types probably missed the obvious message and elected to look at this through male-dominant glasses.

you still never responded to those 9 videos i so kindly posted for you. go ahead and watch those. if those don't make you think bowen purposely attempts to try and hurt/injure other players, you must literally be blind.

What is there to respond to? Other than the Allen kick, there is not one that spells to a deliberately kicking/punching people, and the Allen kick CLEARLY did not / can not result in any sort of injury.

Last edited:

ambchang_

Registered
Reaction score
Ambchang, you deny that Bowen kicked CP, even though the league saw it, all other non-Spurs fans saw it, and most Spurs fans even saw it. That's bad enough. Do you deny Bowen had dirty plays on Nash and Stat last playoffs? That would be even worse if you did. Do you deny Bowen has had numerous other episodes in other games throughout the years? Well, I know you admitted one on, I believe, Ray Allen. Might have the player wrong, but not the admission. Now, first off, if you deny all of that, well, there's no hope for you.

I don't know how many times I can show a video that shows Bowen did NOT kick Paul, but just go look it up. Certain angles showed that Bowen kicked CP3, but a clearer angle clearly showed that he didn't.

To summarize, it is possible to show a kick in a non-kick situation through a bad angle, but it is not possible to show a non-kick in a kick situation through a good angle. Because once contact is made, every single angle will show that contact is made. Try to visualize this in your head in a drafting sort of view from 6 different angles.

The play on Nash was borderline, but it was a legal move. David Robinson got a concussion by standing too close on defense, and was called for a foul, at least Nash got the foul called in favour of him. As for the one on Stoudemire, it must have been the weakest dirty play. Go check the history, Stoudemire didn't even know that he got "kicked", he started yapping to the media a day after the game, apparently after he reviewed the tape. Other angles showed that Bowen had his feet between Stoudemire's legs on that play, and Stoudemire proceeded to shut up about it.

The single dirty play that I could recall from Bowen was the kick in Allen's back after they fell on the floor. I have said that numerous times in this thread alone.

Second of all, in regards to you attempting to ignore the fact that he was caught by the league. You're trying to throw it back at us, the Suns fans, that we cannot use the Bowen suspension as proof against him because we think the league made a bad call against us last playoffs. The fallacy there is that nobody denies that two players of ours stepped off the bench; we were only livid that it took a body slam to one of our players by one of your goons to get the officials' attention, and thought that the league was vastly overreacting in our suspensions. You see, nobody denied it actually happened, which is what you're doing. You can rely on the fact that if there is even a small shred of doubt about an incident, this league is going to turn a blind eye and ignore it. The fact that Bowen was suspended irrevocably damages your defense of his brutal behavior and defense of the specific incident.

First of all, Horry is not my goon, as I don't really own the Spurs. Second of all, Horry is not even a goon. This is the first memorable hard foul I could recall in his 14 year or so career.

So was Nash suspended for this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Scmx1z94WAI
It was obvious it happened, why wasn't he suspended?

What makes you say that the league will turn a blind eye and ignore incidents? Kobe elbowing Ginobili in the face got Kobe a suspension, but there were definitely doubts about his intent.

Nowitzki hurting AK47 and he was suspended a game, it sure looks accidental from every possible angle, but he was suspended. Pray tell?

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
so jump-kicking wally szcerbiak in the face was not dirty? he clearly wasn't playing defense, as wally hadn't even shot the ball or motioned to shoot it. Bowen also didn't put his hand up as if he was trying to contest the shot.

When he stuck his foot under amare's feet, he wasn't trying to hurt him? where do you come up with that? his step was clearly not natural, meaning he intentionally put his foot in the place that he did which so conveniently was under amare's foot. there was no way for him to stop that play as amare was already up in the air dunking the ball, so what he did was clearly to inflict harm.

When he kneed nash in the nuts, he was also trying to physically hurt nash. there is no question. Bruce bowen was not trying to take him off the dribble, as that is simply a funny thought. So either he was trying to dribble the ball out of bounds, or he was going to shoot the ball from about 6 feet beyond the 3-point line with nash in his face. nice try.

the one with crawford doesn't even need any more explanation than i gave for the one with amare. it was simply a dirty play.