Lutui back

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Ya, why a sandwich? Are all the plates dirty? :)

Actually I think it was a plot by the Browns to get Lutui so big he couldn't pass his physical and couldn't block for the Bengals.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tell me that's not a glazed donut cut in half. :shock:

Of COURSE it's not a donut cut in half! It's two donuts! Now, go back to your tweety-bird food and let the rest of us clog our arteries in peace! :D

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was going to offer Deuce one of these babies to get him to sign my jersey at camp. Should I still do it, or not?

You must be registered for see images attach

Give Deuce a break. I'll sign your jersey.

Give me that. :biglaugh:

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I just listened to Deuce being interviewed. That man is one happy camper to have a second chance and be back with the Cards. The key words out of his mouth were "renewed commitment" and the chance to redeem himself. Said he and Lott greeted each other with enthusiasm. He joked he had a love/hate relationship with Lott but "loves him to death".

Wow. The guy's enthusiasm level is off the charts. He even talked about wanting to come back here because "this is where my people live and are buried". Apparently the weight ("I've got that big boy thing going on") is one of the things that made him flunk the physical back east. Says he's going to work with Lott to get in the best playing weight and shape.

I'm telling you, if the other guys match his desire to win we are in for a whole new Cardinals. He was stoked!

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I just listened to Deuce being interviewed. That man is one happy camper to have a second chance and be back with the Cards. The key words out of his mouth were "renewed commitment" and the chance to redeem himself. Said he and Lott greeted each other with enthusiasm. He joked he had a love/hate relationship with Lott but "loves him to death".

Wow. The guy's enthusiasm level is off the charts. He even talked about wanting to come back here because "this is where my people live and are buried". Apparently the weight ("I've got that big boy thing going on") is one of the things that made him flunk the physical back east. Says he's going to work with Lott to get in the best playing weight and shape.

I'm telling you, if the other guys match his desire to win we are in for a whole new Cardinals. He was stoked!

Talk is cheap. The proof will be on the scale.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Great to read, do you have a link or can you point me in the direction of the interview. I don't say this enough but I truly enjoy your posts.

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Great to read, do you have a link or can you point me in the direction of the interview. I don't say this enough but I truly enjoy your posts.

Thank you Cardiac. It's mutual. :)

I've got 620 am on. So whomever has the Noon-time show now did the interview.

You know, I just spent the weekend with a group of Hawaiian friends. Islanders tend to be so laid back you can question their committment to things. NONE of that from Deuce.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
according to the tweets, cincy hurt Deuce's feelings when they cut him, and he is planning to show them the error of their ways for Christmas.
Go get'em Deuce!!

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Thank you Cardiac. It's mutual. :)

I've got 620 am on. So whomever has the Noon-time show now did the interview.

You know, I just spent the weekend with a group of Hawaiian friends. Islanders tend to be so laid back you can question their committment to things. NONE of that from Deuce.

Thanks and Thanks.

Hopefully Duece had his wake up call. Read that his mom called him and said "Duece, I need to start cooking for you again." Duece's reply, " Mom, you're all to blame for this."

See a bunch more Duece tidbits at http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-reports

You may have to scroll down a bit since the page is udated every couple of minutes.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I know our o-linemen dont have to look like Lou Ferrigno, but by the looks of this pic, Lutui needs to do some laps and nutri-system

You must be registered for see images

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
dude has cultural pressure to deal with people, sheesh.....amongst tongans, it is considered a sign of success when you eat well....Deuce has been very successful.

Anyone know what weight the team wants him at? He is a RG, so he does not have to pull, and he should be a road grader at RG...so, what?.....350?

Longcolts

Registered
Reaction score
Between 330 and 340.

His Listed playing weight on the website from last year is 330

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
dude has cultural pressure to deal with people, sheesh.....amongst tongans, it is considered a sign of success when you eat well....Deuce has been very successful.

Anyone know what weight the team wants him at? He is a RG, so he does not have to pull, and he should be a road grader at RG...so, what?.....350?

I want to say that when this happened last year, they wanted him down around the low 340's. Hey, he's done it once and now that he's been humbled, I bet he'll do it again.

Longcolts

Registered
Reaction score
I want to say that when this happened last year, they wanted him down around the low-mid 340's. Hey, he's done it once and now that he's been humbled, I bet he'll do it again.

I'll bet he's learned his lesson this time and he'll go to camp next year much closer to his needed target weight.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Longcolts has a link (couple of posts up) and it states the Cards want him at 330 to 340.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
335 or 340 should not be too bad....for a big guy weight comes and goes pretty quick....when your young,lol.
I got sick and gained 80 pounds last year....has taken me six months now to drop off 25 of it....... hoping to get back down to 300 by new years....woo hoooo!!!

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Reading this thread you would think Lutui played for the Cowboys or 4and9ers.

Duece came in at 396 last season. And got to playing weight on time and despite knowing that no matter how well he did the QBs would screw it up played his azz off. Just like he always does.

lobo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
335 or 340 should not be too bad....for a big guy weight comes and goes pretty quick....when your young,lol.
I got sick and gained 80 pounds last year....has taken me six months now to drop off 25 of it....... hoping to get back down to 300 by new years....woo hoooo!!!

Spot on.....if he hit 388 click on a Cinncy scale and wants to play ball here he will have no trouble hitting the goal by season opener....if he isn't close look at your local Wal-Mart for a very larger greeter at the door.