Mad At Green For Cutting Pete...Parcells Just Cut...

stewdog1

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
People dig their own grave. Looks like Carter did. Thankfully a major sports team steps up to the plate on this one.

I wonder if they try and pick back up Hutch.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
swd1974 said:
I say cut King and bring in Carter. He would push McCown a lot more. I like Carter myself, but I can see why people dont think he is very good too.

I agree...I've always liked Carter, too. I think he's taken a lot of heat because he was drafted way to high and everyone had unreasonable expectations. I think he was a projected 2nd day draft pick and was drafted in the 2nd round. If he had been drafted lower, nobody would be bashing him...Heck, if we gave Navarre the job right now, and by his 3rd hear we went 10-6, we'd all be jumping for joy!

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Russ Smith said:
If true, what a silly thing to do.

Funny, on teh Bronco board they were discussing him as the perfect backup to Jake because he can move well enough to handle the moving pocket the installed for Jake. Kind of doubt they'll want him now.

Ok, I responded before seeing this post. If this is true I take almost everything back I said about him!

Capital Card

The Kobayashi of Kool-Aid
Reaction score
Frankly, I'm surprised they released him. I thought Dallas gave a free crack-pipe to all their new draft picks. :D

I guess Parcells really has changed things around there.

I'd love to hear Michael Irving's comments on this move by Dallas.

Go Cards!!!

AzCards06

Rookie
Reaction score
Quincy:

But coach ...I was only doing what Lawrence Taylor did.

Just a couple years ago, Jerry Jones told the media he had TWO all pro quarterbacks. Quincy Carter, and Chad Hutchinson.

What an idiot.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
It's funny in his interview the other day,Carter let everyonre know he was the starter and that he was THE leader of the offense.I remember thinking to myself,this guy must be high.I had no idea that i was right.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Len P is going to report that Quincy had been in rehab in the offseason.

Mike Golic is saying that the team can not administer a drug test per the CBA.

A-Bomb

WizardOfAz

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
In a stunning move that likely pushes 17-year veteran Vinny Testaverde to the top of the team's depth chart, the Dallas Cowboys released Quincy Carter on Wednesday.

Sources told ESPN and ESPN.com that Carter recently failed a team-administered drug test. Carter already was in the NFL substance-abuse program, having tested positive for an illegal substance in the past, according to ESPN's Chris Mortensen. ESPN.com has learned that Carter spent time at a drug rehabilitation facility within the past 18 months.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=1852011

Jttsaz

#40 Never Forget
Reaction score
swd1974 said:
Dude if I lose a 20 spot cause ancient vinny starts Ill cry.
Cowboys |
Get the hankies ready :)

Testaverde Likely Starting QB - from www.KFFL.com
Wed, 4 Aug 2004 11:36:57 -0700

Dallas Cowboys head coach Bill Parcells believes QB Vinny Testaverde will be the starting quarterback following the release of QB Quincy Carter. Parcells indicated he will have to alter the offensive strategy for Testaverde.

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Jttsaz said:
Cowboys |
Get the hankies ready :)

Testaverde Likely Starting QB - from www.KFFL.com
Wed, 4 Aug 2004 11:36:57 -0700

Dallas Cowboys head coach Bill Parcells believes QB Vinny Testaverde will be the starting quarterback following the release of QB Quincy Carter. Parcells indicated he will have to alter the offensive strategy for Testaverde.

Oh man I just cant believe he would throw the season away. Free agent pickup or Henson starts. Its gotta be!

I mean he took over the jets when pennington got hurt. The team was in the playoffs with chad and what did vinny do with the same team? Nothing.

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I think the Cards should make a move for the guy, with all the talk of King looking bad in workouts. Carter would be a great backup plan if McCown blows.

dmoney

Registered
Reaction score
DevonCardsFan said:
I think the Cards should make a move for the guy, with all the talk of King looking bad in workouts. Carter would be a great backup plan if McCown blows.

The problem with that is it appears Carter likes to do blow! :D

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
"Sources told ESPN and ESPN.com that Carter recently failed a team-administered drug test. Carter already was in the NFL substance-abuse program, having tested positive for an illegal substance in the past, according to ESPN's Chris Mortensen. ESPN.com has learned that Carter spent time at a drug rehabilitation facility within the past 18 months."

DOES this automatically entail a suspension?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05