Man, how do you guys do it??

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
How do you put up with the fan apathy and disrespect shown our organization and fans week after week? First of all, gang, let me preface my comments by saying that this board has never shown me to be anything but diehard Cards fans who ride to the end for this team, even when they don't deserve it, but my first trip to the new stadium left me with a pain in my heart the whole trip home to Philly. I just want to know how Cardinals fans can sit so idly and let another team take over the stadium in that manner. I know there will always be a sizable number of opposing fans in the stadium. At least until we start winning regularly, but what I saw Sunday was beyond ridiculous. Cardinals fans getting thrown down the stairs (the old security guards were a damn joke), Cowboy fans holding up banners and flags and cursing out anyone who dared say a word. No enthusiasm from the crowd at all on defense or the rare occasions we moved the ball. I mean I have never seen anything like it. I don't encourage fighting or violence at all, (even though I came oh so close to knocking the hat out of this one dudes hand as he turned around and held it up gloating to the crowd) but I saw so many soft fans who didn't even bat an eye when the time called to show some passion. It felt like I was the only one in my section who even gave a damn about what was happening. The shocked looks I got from Cards fans as I stood and implored the team to make a play was disgusting! This is the second time I've been asked am I from AZ by another Cards fan who couldn't believe the way I was acting. I thought SOME things changed since 98, but I guess not.

I should probably shut up about it especially since you guys have gone through this year after year after year. I just expected so much more out of my experience, and had hoped for at least a good showing by the fans and the team. Both sold me the hell out. Even my boys who came to the game to root for their Cowboys couldn't believe the lack of concern about whether we'd win or lose. I know it's different all around the league, but I just couldn't envision what took place in our house happening anywhere else. Amazing to see so much pride outside, but such lack of it inside. On that note it was great to finally meet a lot of you guys. Really that was the highlight of my trip. I'll always love the Cardinals and I'm proud to rep this team and my fellow fans. I was just a lil hurt and needed to vent a lil. That being said, I'll be back next year for sure. Hopefully things won't be so bad.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I hear what you are saying...early in the season, you had a bunch of people, mostly who are on the fence about the team, wanting any positive sign to get behind them. In the first few games, and at the Bears game, the crowd was loud, and looked like a real NFL crowd. With terrible losses in every home game, the fence sitters have either lost any energy to support, or have sold their tickets. Frankly, I don't blame them one bit. The ineptitude shown by the home team every week trumps the prior week, and it is pretty clear that the players don't give a crap. Why would the fans?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Having been to a San Francisco game, I'd say that the reaction to bad football is about the same all around the league.

Scott MS

Registered
Reaction score
You should have seen the home openner against San Francisco. A sea of red and a very vocal crowd of all Cardinals fans.

Unfortunatley, as the team has given up, so have the fans.

Card Trader

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
This game isn't typical of what it's been like in the stadium this year, it's normally loud, but the fans are just beat down....normally we DO put up a fight, but this year we had such high expectations, and we got what? A steamy pile of crap on the field.

It's hard. It's really hard.

Ohio Cards Fan

Veteran
Reaction score
You should have seen the home openner against San Francisco. A sea of red and a very vocal crowd of all Cardinals fans.

Unfortunatley, as the team has given up, so have the fans.

The sea of red could have been 50% niners fans...right?

Sorry, couldn't resist.

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
I was watching the game on TV and it was about 50/50 for fans (I think even the announcers said it), did Cards fans sell their SEASON tickets? If so, that sucks. I think the fans should hold some accountability for the team's performance (not nearly as much as the team, but some).

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Bears game was great Deric. At least where I was sitting, we intimidated the Bears fans among us with how intense we were. Now, in the upper decks where the Bear fans seemed to equal the Cards, it might have been different, I don't know.

This past Sunday, our section 111 and section 112, about the first 15 rows, were the ONLY ones on the Cards side to stand up much of the first half. But, as the game wore on, we had precious little to get hyped about. The season tickets next to me were, for the first time, sold to enemy fans. They weren't even jerks. Thank god, I don't take taunting well.

OP
OP
phillycard

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I hear you guys big time, and the frustration is evident. A home field advantage is something you earn over time by playing COMPETITIVE football at a minimum. I think that's all we ask. And will someone tell the marketing department. That the "Cardinals, the other red meat" sign is a flatout joke. WTF. I saw so mamy people roast that sign.

jstadvl

R U gonna B My Girl
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
you need to sit with me. NEVER a dull moment. But, be ready,they don't like it when your loud and proud!

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
The Cardinals sold their long time fans down the river. First by selling tickets to Corporate interests over long time season ticket holders and second by playing horrible football-they are now 31st in both defense and offense.

Now all the new stadium has done is to make the opposing fans more comfortable. At least at SDS they had to bake in the sun.

OP
OP
phillycard

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
you need to sit with me. NEVER a dull moment. But, be ready,they don't like it when your loud and proud!

jstadvl, did I read on the boards right, that you were involved in an incident Sunday? What happened? I saw a dude with a Jake Plummer jersey bleeding from his head walking out after the game. This was just crazy.

Last edited:

Lloydian

Registered
Reaction score
I'm in section 111, not cheap seats there, and for the first three games of the season, there were nothing but Cards fans all over. For the Bears game, the seats to my right were sold on Ebay. For the Dallas game, a number of seats around me were sold, but the diehards in the row behind me showed up every time.

If I hadn't spent so many years in the solitude of Sun Devil Stadium, it would have been more demoralizing.

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A home field advantage is something you earn over time by playing COMPETITIVE football at a minimum.

That's just it, Philly. The first few home game the crowd noise was deafening and it was a real high red-jersey ratio. Matt Leinart looked like he could make the pro-bowl as a rookie, the defense was incredibly disruptive and caused all kind of turnovers, and it was fun.

But somehow, even after jumping up to leads, we found ways to lose. Whether it was Warner fumbling on a last minute drive, the all-pro kicker missing game-winning FG's, or the Bears near mathematical impossible comeback against us. The Bears loss tore the heart of of the team, coaches and fans. We just don't expect to win any more this year.

In the last 3 games, Leinart has looked like a rookie again, and the D is not disruptive. Just not the same as the expectations we had at the beginning of the year.

azmike74

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I hate to say it, but I think part of it is the town we live in. So many of my transplant friends love to talk trash about the Cards and will never give up their support for their hometown team. My Dad will always be a Packer fan, I grew up loving the Bears, but in '88 the Cards became my team, although as you all know, it hasn't always been easy. I wish all ASFN members could buy out one section of the stadium where opposing fans wouldn't dare talk trash, but that's just the beer talking.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05