Marcus Banks Has Officially Signed w/the Suns!!!!!!

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
I like it for the right price, who knows, this guy could turn into our starting PG when Nash's contract is up. And he's great insurance in case Barbosa asks for too much.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Not a huge Banks fan but that is a very reasonable contract for him.

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
I am getting too excited about this. If it doesen't get done........AHHHHHHH!

OP
OP
JS22

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Muggum said:
Gambo has some nerve taking credit for this 'rumor' now! Lame.

Calm down. Gambo is reporting that it is now basically official, according to sources inside the Suns.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
SirStefan32 said:
This will be a nice addition to the Suns.

Now we need a power forward.

Well if we do get this deal done and are trying to stay under the luxury tax, the Suns have around $2 million to work with. Have anybody in mind?

F-Dog

lurker
Reaction score
Evil Ash said:
Well if we do get this deal done and are trying to stay under the luxury tax, the Suns have around $2 million to work with. Have anybody in mind?
:holdingmytongue:

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
per gambo

-banks met with dantoni yesterday or the day before
-suns made sure no one else was gonna get him this time
-banks cancelled his visit to Houston even though they were offering him the full MLE

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
arthurracoon said:
per gambo

-banks met with dantoni yesterday or the day before
-suns made sure no one else was gonna get him this time
-banks cancelled his visit to Houston even though they were offering him the full MLE

I guess he's learning on the job. Hoora! :raccoon:

F-Dog

lurker
Reaction score
Supposedly, the Rockets have already moved on, offering Spanoulis 3yrs, $6m, which he agreed to. Good news for the Suns if it's true. :thumbup:

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
F-Dog said:
It's not like I'm enjoying it. :|

We still have 2 roster spots open. 1 for a player making the minimum (ie Lampe) and can go up to $2 million for another player. Again assuming we want to stay under the luxury tax

So if we sign Lampe for the min, who should we get to fill up the other spot and be paid around $2 million this year? Keep in mind that our main needs now seem to be interior defense and a shotblocker

Last edited:

SactownSunsFan

Welcome to the Age of Ayton
Reaction score
Now that this is supposedly a done deal, we now need to shift our focus on extensions for Diaw and Barbosa, though now that we're signing Banks, can we afford Barbs?

F-Dog

lurker
Reaction score
Evil Ash said:
So if we sign Lampe for the min, who should we get to fill up the other spot and be paid around $2 million this year?
Wait--you haven't seen the KVH thread yet? :eek:

If for some reason the Suns manage to dodge KVH, they'll be looking at Devean George, Lorenzen Wright, Matt Barnes, Aaron Williams...whichever player the other teams don't want, that's the one the Suns have a chance at. :shrug:

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Evil Ash said:
We still have 2 roster spots open. 1 for a player making the minimum (ie Lampe) and can go up to $2 million for another player. Again assuming we want to stay under the luxury tax

So if we sign Lampe for the min, who should we get to fill up the other spot and be paid around $2 million this year? Keep in mind that our main needs now seem to be interior defense and a shotblocker

Interior D and a shotblocker would be good, but how about another swingman with size? I really like the idea of Jumaine Jones, and think he could be pretty useful, especially to provide help on the boards. I guess it depends on who is available.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
F-Dog said:
Wait--you haven't seen the KVH thread yet? :eek:

If for some reason the Suns manage to dodge KVH, they'll be looking at Devean George, Lorenzen Wright, Matt Barnes, Aaron Williams...whichever player the other teams don't want, that's the one the Suns have a chance at. :shrug:

:oops: Looking at your sig, thought you were talking about Lampe.

Anyways KVH is an interesting idea but not really a need. Interior defense and shotblocking is more of a need.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ASUCHRIS said:
Interior D and a shotblocker would be good, but how about another swingman with size? I really like the idea of Jumaine Jones, and think he could be pretty useful, especially to provide help on the boards. I guess it depends on who is available.

You're probably not going to get Jumaine Jones for $2 mil. Maybe $3 mil. The kinds of things you're looking for aren't available for $2 mil, unless you're talking about an undervalued player on a rookie contract.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
ASUCHRIS said:

From the sounds of things Jumaine Jones is about to re-sign with the Bobcats.

The problem is trying to figure out who is available that preferably fits our needs a big man thats a good defender or another swingman that is within that price range. Anyone know of somebody on the trading block in that price range that fills either of those needs? Might as well show all options available (as I'm also sure the Suns would prefer to get some use out of that trade exemption that will disappear if unused next month)

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Lorenzen Wright is probably a pipe dream, but he would be very effective with the Suns in a KT type role. Plus, he is on Amare's bad list, along with Tyson Chandler, and probably Stevie Franchise.

sly fly

Devil Me This
Reaction score
Steven Hunter. Nice insurance. Can't ever have enough bigs to take the pressure off the D.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Steven Hunter is still being discussed? I guess the guy needs to retire before everyone finally realizes that the Suns don't want him. D'Antoni didn't want him when BC was GM, you think they'll bring him back now that the Coach is GM?

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
sly fly said:
Steven Hunter. Nice insurance. Can't ever have enough bigs to take the pressure off the D.

As funny as it sounds I think he'd be perfect but it would put us over the luxury tax line.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05