Marcus Vick

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
Tech is 8 this year. Is there anyway Vick can come out this year for the draft? He is supposed to be better than Michael, I know he has had his share of problems but if he can keep it together I would really want him. How about it?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BigDavis75 said:
Tech is 8 this year. Is there anyway Vick can come out this year for the draft? He is supposed to be better than Michael, I know he has had his share of problems but if he can keep it together I would really want him. How about it?

Limited playing time of course but so far I don't think Marcus is comparble to Michael. Vick. While they're listed as the same height I've seen side by side photos about a year old that make Marcus look 2 inches shorter, I doubt he's 6 feet tall at all. And he's very raw remember the kid didn't lose the starting job over the arrest he'd already lost it to Bryan Randall.

He has talent, but I think right now he's getting by on being Michael's brother.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Speaking of Vick the guy I want to watch in this game is DE Mario Williams from NC State. He was the most impressive underclassmen DE I saw last year, I know most have Kiwi from BC rated #1 but I think Williams might be better. Great combination of size(6'6") and burst.

Realize of course DE isn't a major need for us and if he came out he'd be off the board before we picked, but I think he's probably the best pro prospect in the Va Tech/NC State game tonight.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BigDavis75 said:

Who has said that this guy is better than his brother? What exactly have they based this on?

OP
OP
BigDavis75

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
Shane H said:
Who has said that this guy is better than his brother? What exactly have they based this on?

I live in VA, a bunch of my friends say he is better than Michael. Also, I've heard from numerous other people that are tech fans.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BigDavis75 said:
I live in VA, a bunch of my friends say he is better than Michael. Also, I've heard from numerous other people that are tech fans.

Well the kid has hardly even played any division 1 football much less NFL. I think anyone saying this is bordering on homerism. Sorry.

OP
OP
BigDavis75

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
Russ Smith said:
Speaking of Vick the guy I want to watch in this game is DE Mario Williams from NC State. He was the most impressive underclassmen DE I saw last year, I know most have Kiwi from BC rated #1 but I think Williams might be better. Great combination of size(6'6") and burst.

Realize of course DE isn't a major need for us and if he came out he'd be off the board before we picked, but I think he's probably the best pro prospect in the Va Tech/NC State game tonight.

Jimmy Williams is also an excellent prospect. 6/3 4.4 speed.

OP
OP
BigDavis75

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
Shane H said:
Well the kid has hardly even played any division 1 football much less NFL. I think anyone saying this is bordering on homerism. Sorry.

I'm not saing he is going to be better, but at the age of around 16 Marcus was better than when Michael was 16 and so on.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BigDavis75 said:
I'm not saing he is going to be better, but at the age of around 16 Marcus was better than when Michael was 16 and so on.
:thumbup:

Diamondback Jay

Psalms 23:1
Reaction score
I remember when Marcus was being recruited, reports were that he projected better long term than his brother, and folks thought he had better overall tools than Ron Mexico did at that point in his career.

Projections are a dime a dozen however, and Marcus has proven those folks wrong thus far, running afoul with the law, amongst other things.

Really this is his shot to prove that he's worth taking a look at in the draft. I think one way or another, someone will look at him based on his last name and his upside. With that said, I want to see what he does in a full season as starter before I evaluate whether the Cards should take a flier on him. I can think of a handful of others that I'd like to see Arizona get and he's not on that list, but that could change easily.

Capital Card

The Kobayashi of Kool-Aid
Reaction score
Marcus has a much better arm, strength and accuracy wise, than his brother. That said, given that Maurice Clarret played in more NCAA games than Marcus, I think we should give him some more time before we try to convince him to come out early.

Go Cards!!!

AzJc

Rookie
Reaction score
I have heard Marcus throws better...I couldnt Imagine him throwing harder though...but Micheal is the better runner....Micheal is probubly the best runner in the NFL......

Savage58

Defense, Defense, DEFENSE
Reaction score
Vick will stay in school, he needs more time to hone his skills.

I'm excited to see how he, Young and Jacobs mature, I don't think we'll have a shot at Leinhart(Dolphins most likely). Young has a strong supporting cast, Jacobs not so much, he could be a great one though IMO. :thumbup:

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
JasonKGME said:
My pick for QB for the cards next year, Omar Jacobs from Bowling Green.

I was at the Wis-BG game on Saturday and if this kid comes out he will be a stud. He single handedly keep BG in the game. He will be a first rounder I do believe.

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I want that Qb that is starting his junior year in high school. Anyone see his piece on ESPN? Man he looks awesome. Faster release than MArino.

JasonKGME

I'm a uncle's monkey??
Reaction score
WisconsinCard said:
I was at the Wis-BG game on Saturday and if this kid comes out he will be a stud. He single handedly keep BG in the game. He will be a first rounder I do believe.

I agree and did you see the 50 yard pass with just a quarter arm throw??? Question is where in the 1st round does he go? can he fall to the cards at 25?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
JasonKGME said:
I agree and did you see the 50 yard pass with just a quarter arm throw??? Question is where in the 1st round does he go? can he fall to the cards at 25?

The quarter arm throw is the problem though, that's his natural motion, he looks like he's throwing darts or at times shot putting. It gets there, with velocity when he has to, but his motion is so weird and to me it looks like he'll get passes batted down in the NFL.

But it's hard to argue with his success so far.

NFL teams don't like Qb's with weird motions, so it's quite possible Jacobs won't go as high as his stats lead you to think. I've seen him twice now and I can't get past the throwing motion.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
JPlay said:
Chis Leak for Cards QB 2006/2007

Yeah I really like Leak too, not sure how tall he is he appears shorter than listed but he's got the arm, has touch, and is athletic enough to avoid trouble without being a guy who thinks run first. I don't think he'll last very long in the draft after Leinart I'm not sure there's a QB around any better than Leak.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broncosfan