Martz outcouched Denny

maddogkf

You think KFCs still open
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sun Devil Stadium, Sect 27, Row 34, Seat 8
john h said:
We were beat by a team with vastly superior player personnel. I could have coached the Rams and won. Green did a few things wrong but so did Martz by not running the ball every play as we could not stop the run even if we knew it was comming.
:thumbup:

good points

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We were beat by a team with vastly superior player personnel.
Having a night to sleep on all that happened, I'd tend to agree with the above, but only selectively. I like our secondary better than I do the Rams. I like our LB's better than I do the Rams. I like Freddie Jones better than I do Mamamalaeuna.

I also think that the reason we weren't effective passing our way into the end zone was that Dennis couldn't trust our offensive line well enough to call more of those deeper plays. McCown seldom had that kind of time to throw.

Final point - "The Kid" (McCown) threw no picks and fumbled zero times. Contrast that with last year's "Old Pro" (Blake) in Game #1. Gotta give McCown credit for doing a good job of managing the game under tough circumstances (including the crowd noise, a porous offensive line and frequent Ram blitzes).

What will be intriguing for us all is to watch this team develop over a period of weeks. For the past 5 weeks, we've been able to track visible improvement. If Coach Green can continue the trend, we should arrive at a point in the season where, at the very least, we'll be scaring the bejesus out of opposing head coaches and their players (and winning our fair share of games).

BuckeyeCardinal

Cantankerous Curmudgeon
Reaction score
Tell that to the guys on the Rams forum who would trade Martz for DG in a heartbeat.

They were lamenting on their board what a decent job DG did and how Martz sucks.

Outcouching?

Outcouching is that 400+ pound gal who stayed on her couch for a year or two and her skin physically grafted to the fabric.

Now that's outcouching!

Savage58

Defense, Defense, DEFENSE
Reaction score
swd1974 said:
Only one guy on this board was wrong about everything they posted and it was you vf. lol

Thanks SWD, I was wondering the last time I couldn't tell if the poster was crazy, or just messing with everyone. Yup it was VF.

Green was not outcouched, you are grasping at straws or begging for attention, either way, go away VF.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05