Mavericks @ Suns Saturday game thread, October 26th, 2024

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Biggest difference tonight was the Suns sticking to letting their PGs run the show. Eleven turnovers, with only one coming from KD and Booker each. Nurk was still a turnover machine, but everyone else was OK. Good ball movement, better defense. Dunn was absolutely incredible. Booker continues to look a little off, but he played good defense today. Royce was very solid tonight as well. Great progress from the last two games- they just need to continue letting Jones and Morris run the offense, and keep making incremental improvements defensively, especially on rotations.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Mavericks bench only produced 9 points, while the shorthanded Suns produced 23 points bench points.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dunn’s 180 shooting the three is really something special. A guy dedicates himself to that degree of change and the sky is the limit for him.

If this keeps up, I expect next offseason he works on his handles and levels up again.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great to see Nurkic have a bounce back game tonight.

We almost traded him yesterday. :wink2:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kevin Durant praises Ryan Dunn's poise.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
It's too bad I couldn't watch this game, because I'm curious whether I would have had the same reaction to Dunn. Doncic scored 40 points on 25 FGA and Dunn played only 21 minutes. If he had a huge impact on the game, it sure isn't evident in the box score.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like how Nurkic takes responsibility for not playing well the first two games and addresses his turnover problems.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nah, the Suns didn't get tired. It was their home opener.

Great to see the team respond.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ryan Dunn talks about the challenge of playing against Luka Doncic.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Fun game, wins against teams I hate are always fun.

The arena experience is unchanged from last year, as far as I can tell, I didn’t do a full tour of the 3 levels though.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Weird time to post this when he just scored 10 straight… screw Ayton never want to see that dude or a heartless player like him on this team again! Nurk at least usually tries his ass off and will foul guys and not afraid of contact! It’s so early to be hearing a lot of the criticisms of this team yet, damn are you guys suns fans? Give the new team and coach a few weeks at minimum Jesus…..

Yeah this was just before he got rolling on his 10 straight points.

we're up by 11 against dallas - rookies balling out - and you're gonna bring this nonsense - after greyson led the league in 3's and nurk got more rebounds in one game than anyone in the history of the phx suns - including ayton

don't worry ill unmute you after the game :D

We put finals Ayton on this team and we are rolling. Our interior and exterior defense becomes much better. No more drop.

Nurk was awful. Has been awful until today against mediocre center play.

max Ayton yeah he’s regressed a lot and isn’t really impactful anymore.

Nurk did fumble and stumble his way to a double double.

Maybe I’m just sick of Nurk already.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How about Klay? He seems to be moving better. Seeing him and book next together, both had the headband and the mini curls going.

Kyrie looks like he’s losing a step. He’s actually got some salt and pepper going.

There were a few times we where we just need to just shoot the ball instead of passing on the open shot, only to take a more difficult shot. And it’s the usual suspects in Book and KD.

Still not happy with Nurk, he just tries to do too much.

How about that kicked ball??? That call was just absurd. He needs to be fined or fired.

Overall I never felt that we were going to lose this game. Dallas will not reach the finals or western conference finals this year.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s been a long time since we had a rookie with that much confidence. He just doesn’t care who we are playing and he can be exciting to watch.

Nurk needs to do this every single night.

Something is still off with Booker even though he looked more like himself tonight. He just at times looks out of place.

Durant still has ice in his veins. He hit some really timely shots when Mavs went on multiple runs.

Overall the team seemed to play the most complete game in the scheme and let things start with the PGs.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broncosfan