McCown would draw plenty of interest

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Shane H said:
Sorry Ouchie but when people start calling him McClown and a dumbazz and getting the way they do then its venom. No need to say things such as that in relation to his play is there?

i haven't seen any of those comments on this thread.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
AZCB34 said:
The problem is, both sides use the -hater, -lover tags too freely and they are used in blanket ways...even I am probably guilty of that. But there is this venom underlying the "hater" crowd that compels the "lover" crowd to try and rise up in defense. Both sides have their points, and if you look at it unemotionally, both sides are right...and both sides are wrong. The problem of course is that some on each side refuse to accept anything the other side says even when there is evidence supporting that view.

yeah, you're totally right. none of us are directly on-tap w/ mccown b/c so much of his "potential," whether it be good or bad, is still undetermined. i'm a skeptic, but i'm still taking a wait-and-see approach with josh. this is the second time i'm going wait-and-see, 'cuz after last season i was squarely against naming him QBOTF, but now, with some more seasoning and his performance against sf, i'm willing to give him more rope. let's see what the kid can do w/ some of warner's mentoring. worked for bulger, and seemed to work for eli. who knows?

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Ouchie-Z-Clown said:

I think people don't like McCown because he looks like the bad guy from Rocky IV. You don't mess with Rocky Balboa.

If I ever met McCown in person, I'd have to ask him to say "I must break you."

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ouchie-Z-Clown said:

Come on Ouchie. Just because it hasent happened yet in this thread doesnt mean it hasnet happened more than a fair share of times. You read this board and you know who has made such comments.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
Shane H said:
Come on Ouchie. Just because it hasent happened yet in this thread doesnt mean it hasnet happened more than a fair share of times. You read this board and you know who has made such comments.

Who cares? That's my question. Who cares if people call him 'McClown' or something else and who cares if people say he's the savior and the QB of the future...WHO CARES??? lol
I could care less if people agree with me or not. If someone wants to 'hate in him' I could care less, not my problem. If someone wants to say he's great and will lead the team to the SB...go ahead, I don't care. And if I don't agree, Who cares as long as the TEAM win?
I don't see but maybe ONE or TWO threads on Rackers...he made 18 points. That guy was HUGE!
And to everybody who will read this and say "A true fan will like Josh or not like Josh because..whatever...blah blah blah" Shhh...don't tell people what kind of 'Fan' they should be. Just cuz someone doesn't 'root' the same way you do, doesn't make them any less of a fan
(Shane this wasn't directed at you, by the way, just a general statement...:) )

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
duckfallas said:
McCown is a tough hombre. But he needs to put a string of good performances together against good teams.

McCown has the remainder of the season to establish his real worth to any team. He has had one good game and up until last week has not looked like a starting NFL QB. Maybe he has turned a corner. Let us all hope so. If he has a so so season and we draft high enough, it is long past time to draft a legit QB who has a chance to be our QB for the long term. Baring that we need to trade draft choices or what ever for a guy like Brees or Rivers. Josh has been around going on 4 years so I do not make much of one really good game last week. I hope but that is all.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Wild Card said:
Josh McCown had a career game against the league's worst defense, which was missing its top three DBs. That he had the good fortune to do this on national TV in prime time is the only possible explanation for otherwise rational columnists like Len Pasquarelli suddenly turning into his unpaid press agents.

Y'know, I remember RB LeShon Johnson going off for 214 yards and 2 TDs on 21 carries against the New Orleans Saints in week 4 of the 1996 season. And for about five minutes, Cardinals fans thought we'd found a running back.

That was his career game. Johnson never broke 100 yards again.

So let's wait a few weeks before proclaiming McCown to be the Second Coming. One game means nothing.

WC

Your comparison with Johnson is a good one. We are all so anxious to find a good QB we are ready after one game to think he has arrived. I to was ready to declare Johnson as our RB of the future.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Skkorpion said:
McCown is 7-7 in his last 14 games for a lousy team. That's good. And your claiming otherwise every day doesn't change reality.

Oh, and in that same 7-7 period, all other AZ QBs are a combined 0-6.

So you go ahead and wait forever if you want. Either that or just flee back to the Dolphins boards.

McCown is part of and partly responsible for this lousy team.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Brian in Mesa said:
It could mean something...

Josh did more in that one game than Kurt did in the previous three.

Kurt has a couple of superbowl rings. Josh is not yet ready to walk in his foot prints.

CaliCards

Registered
Reaction score
I make not attempt at comparing Josh to Warner, however, if the Cards O-line blocks well and the OC calls plays to Josh's strength, he will definitely look like a winning Qb this season.

IMO, Cards OC should call enough plays where the O-line and the RB pulls the Panthers D-fence in one direction and have Josh role out in the opposite direction and hooking up with Boldin and Fitz to keep the chains moving.

Josh has a good arm, he can scramble, and he can throw on the rum, why put pressure on him to be this pure pocket-passer, which is when he seems to get nervous and make too many mistakes.

Goooooo Cards :newcards: :newcards: