McCown's Had his shot...bench him

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
swd1974 said:
Your nuts to think he wont be in the hall. Im not even a Warner fan. How many superbowl MVP's have there been in the league with 2 superbowl wins at QB?

When did Warner win his second Super Bowl? :shrug:

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
swd1974 said:
Your nuts to think he wont be in the hall. Im not even a Warner fan. How many superbowl MVP's have there been in the league with 2 superbowl wins at QB?

So every SB MVP is HoF material?? I don't buy it. I just don't think Warner if HoF material...in fact I think he is far from it.

Montana, MArino, Elway and WARNER?? Nope, just not seeing it because he is not in their league. Now I will admit, Schmo makes a case statistically for him but I think it is a flimsy case because I don't believe Warner will ever be viewed strictly through the prism of stats alone.

I guess I just think the HoF is really for truly special players and not for fringe very good players but hell, I hear announcers spouting off HoF accolades for other guys who I don't believe fit in the Hall too so what the hell...let Warner in.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
coyotesareback said:
Nice reply Duckjake! I never said every cardinal player leaves and gets better it happens period just the past few years Jake, Pittman, Chavous, TJ, now I agree it was time to part with alot of the players that leave. THe fact remains players go to teams and get REAL coaching and develop, the same can't be said here. You in your negativity obviously only read to try to find something to make a smart ass comment about, instead of an intelligent response.

Pointing out the 6 or 7 guys over the last 10 years who went somewhere else and "played better" is not being negative? :shrug:

And you don't have to be real intelligent to simply regurgitate what's been posted on this board a 100 times about players going somewhere else and doing better than they did in Arizona.

Of course you conveniently ignore the multitudes of players who got released and did little or nothing afterwards.

Johnny Rutledge, Thomas Burke, Joel Mackovica, Paris Johnson, Yusuf Scott, Melvin Bradley, Chris Greisen, Sekou Sanyika, Jabari Issa, Jay Tant, Mao Tosi, Ray Thompson, Bobby Newcombe, Marcus Bell, Michael Stone, Mike Banks, Jason McAddley, Nate Dwyer, Dennis Johnson, Levar Fisher, Levar Woods Wendell Bryant, Jason Starkey, Chris Dishman, Freddie Jones, Barron Tanner, Duane Starks, Kwamie Lassiter, Frank Sanders, Tywan Mitchell, Terry Hardy,Lester Holmes,Anthony Redmon, Leland McElroy, Tony McCoy, Bryan Gilmore, Kevin Kasper, Nate Poole, Martay Jenkins, Mark Smith,Anthony Clement,Matt Joyce, Ron Mckinnon,Jeff Blake, Rob Selby,Johnny McWilliams, Bernard Wilson, Jerry Drake, Tom Knight, and David Boston.

Wonder why nobody could "coach up" those guys?

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
AZCB34 said:
So every SB MVP is HoF material?? I don't buy it. I just don't think Warner if HoF material...in fact I think he is far from it.

Montana, MArino, Elway and WARNER?? Nope, just not seeing it because he is not in their league. Now I will admit, Schmo makes a case statistically for him but I think it is a flimsy case because I don't believe Warner will ever be viewed strictly through the prism of stats alone.

I guess I just think the HoF is really for truly special players and not for fringe very good players but hell, I hear announcers spouting off HoF accolades for other guys who I don't believe fit in the Hall too so what the hell...let Warner in.
Out of QB's who have thrown at least 1,500 passes, Warner's passer rating of 94.8 is second all-time. Only Steve Young's 96.8 is higher.

What Warner has going against him is that he has only played eight years. IMO though, Warner is as good or better than HOFers like Bob Griese, Sonny Jurgensen, Roger Staubach, Joe Namath, Norm Van Brocklin and Bob Waterfield.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
moklerman said:
Is this sarcasm? Care to elaborate on why you "think" that?

It certainly is not out of the realm of possibility that Warner could be our starting QB next year. There are not a lot of good FA QB available. The better ones will surely bypass the Cardinals as there are better teams needing QB's such as the Ravens, Bears, Vikings, Tennessee,etc. Any of these teams would have a better shot at any QB available for obvious reasons. Even Warner may not choose to stay here. Unless we can pull some sort of QB miracle we will once again be choosing from the older QB's in the league. We talk about one of the San Diego QB's then why on earth would one of these guys want to come to one of the worst teams in the NFL? I just do not know where we will get a QB that can make a real difference anymore than Warner. Even McCown may not want to stay here.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stout said:
Then why did I cheer him after the 9ers game? Then why did I continually say he should start? Why was I happy he started last week when Warner was healthy, and why was I happy he got another start yesterday when he had a bad game last week? People just don't understand. Give people that bash Josh good QB play, and we'll shut up about it, or even sing his praises. When he plays like crap, we'll say so. Well, he played like doggy doo. And I'm willing to say so. I'm unwilling to put up with below-average QB play. I guess that makes me unreasonable. :shrug:

:notworthy: My feelings exactly.

I will admit, the Josh Bandwagon was nice and comfy for two weeks; too bad Josh had to come along and shove everyone off of it.

Missing receivers wide open, overthrowing receivers or underthrowing them, throwing the ball to the wrong side of the WRs body, not feeling the rush or reading the defense....all things that Josh does that infuriate me. But the ONE thing that he's done that would make me if I were one of his WRs tear him a new one in the lockerroom is that he throws the ball too high FAR too often, forcing the WR's to jump for it, especially across the middle. That can get a WR drilled, and can end a season pretty quick. Nothing a DB likes better than seeing some poor shmuck receiver off his feet.